News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
1 try and set up two other tries. 1 line break, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 23 tackles, 1 missed. 502 kicking metres..

He has to play 5/8th and halfback on a historically bad team and our own fans don't even appreciate him.
Yeah it’s crazy mate. With so much shit around him, comments like “what the fuck has he done” do my head in. Unfortunately when people put a target on players they ignore the good and focus on the bad. He is getting better every game and already it’s plain to see we will regret letting him go if we do.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So many people have egg on their faces about Burton and can't admit that he's slowly getting better each game and looks good in the halves.
Mate this site is full of account users that just hate this club. 1 minute get rid of TPJ next minute get rid of Burton guarantee some of these accounts work for Foxsports.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah it’s crazy mate. With so much shit around him, comments like “what the fuck has he done” do my head in. Unfortunately when people put a target on players they ignore the good and focus on the bad. He is getting better every game and already it’s plain to see we will regret letting him go if we do.
While ignoring that he's the only genuine talent we have in the spine and is one of the best young halves in the comp that other clubs would kill for. Yet half of the clowns on here want to move him to the centres! When there is a massive shortage of halves in the NRL. Makes sense..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate this site is full of account users that just hate this club. 1 minute get rid of TPJ next minute get rid of Burton guarantee some of these accounts work for Foxsports.
Yeah true but also a lot of the comments come from genuine fans that are on here regularly.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What will happen to this place if he signs elsewhere come November 1. Gus said he hopes we've hit rock bottom, but if we don't retain this bloke, the light we all saw at the end of the tunnel is fading

Malla

Reaction score
He’s a great player. Supporting a lot more today. Kinda makes me wonder what Barrett wanted him doing was different cause we never seen Burton push up this much this year
Lock him up for life. He’s a special player

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What will happen to this place if he signs elsewhere come November 1. Gus said he hopes we've hit rock bottom, but if we don't retain this bloke, the light we all saw at the end of the tunnel is fading
Gus will make it his number one priority. I'm confident he'll re-sign when the time comes.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck off Baz, I was hyping him up before anyone, he's mine! :tearsofjoy:
He’s your boy mate, but I have always been a massive fan. He feeds off confidence and we have given him very little. We have been to fixated with completing our sets and putting a stupid bomb up.

Burtn scoring off TPJ is Bulldog play and that’s what we should be encouraging our guys, not one out crap.

I feel for Mick and hope Gus doesn’t leave him behind when Flanagan is announced.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s your boy mate, but I have always been a massive fan. He feeds off confidence and we have given him very little. We have been to fixated with completing our sets and putting a stupid bomb up.

Burtn scoring off TPJ is Bulldog play and that’s what we should be encouraging our guys, not one out crap.

I feel for Mick and hope Gus doesn’t leave him behind when Flanagan is announced.
I've said it all along.. Let Burton play both sides of the field, take the shackles off and watch him shine. It's no coincidence that Burton looks his best and we score the most points all season the first game without Baz. He's a great support player too so I expect to see many more tries like that one tonight.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even though TPJ had a decent game, I still say move him on if we don't have to pay freight... On way too much money