News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel for Burton, he's still young and being surrounded by crapness can take a toll on him long term. The club needs to show confidence in him if they want him long term.

I don't know how they can do it with who we have, every loss he's taking a hit no doubt.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus is the man MB manager needs to talk to not the media. Putting it out in the media is destabilising for those that pay his clients wage.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate this site is full of account users that just hate this club. 1 minute get rid of TPJ next minute get rid of Burton guarantee some of these accounts work for Foxsports.
Been thinking that for a while now.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Now all we have to do is get him an NRL standard halfback
Agree. I hoped to see more from Flanagan tonight with Barrett not in-charge, but he was really poor. I'll give him another week with Potter having control all week and if he doesn't show something then I'll have given up on him completely

Reactions: CCC

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is the man MB manager needs to talk to not the media. Putting it out in the media is destabilising for those that pay his clients wage.
Burton and his manager where always going to test the market on Nov 1st we are paying him unders on his value in the market, his manager is just doing his job,I have no doubt Gus will get it done for the right price,

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree. I hoped to see more from Flanagan tonight with Barrett not in-charge, but he was really poor. I'll give him another week with Potter having control all week and if he doesn't show something then I'll have given up on him completely
You’re a better man than me he’d be on a plane to England if I was running the show.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We were nowhere until he come on. Absolute lynch pin in building our pack back to were it once was, feared..

Thompson, Stimson, Waddle, Jackson… There’s your farewell forwards.
True, I do feel like Thompson is gone though. Once he got a new manager (crown sports) I felt the writing was on the wall. Stimson, Waddell and Jackson lol will be a great day when they are gone

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
True, I do feel like Thompson is gone though. Once he got a new manager (crown sports) I felt the writing was on the wall. Stimson, Waddell and Jackson lol will be a great day when they are gone
Thompson played ok in his first game against the Broncos but has been heavily found out and doesn't have the ability to play NRL. Terrible signing considering his hefty pay. Needs to be moved on but I reckon we will need to pay half, that is how bad he is. I would love to keep TPJ because a pack with him, RFM and Kikau is a real dogs pack. Unfortunately, TPJ is our only forward who is worth what we pay him so we can move him on with little or no freight and we need a 7 and 1. The rebuild that was started under the last board was fumbled so badly its like Gus has to start again

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In my opinion Flanagan should stay for remainder of the year unless he’s get worse because we don’t have any one better at the moment in his defence he’s defence was great last night cleaning up after the other idiots and probably that’s why his attack is lacking in Some ways he’s running out of puff and looking like princess Lewis

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4 runs 9 metres 4 missed tackles :(

Big problem luming if Flanno Snr next coach.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4 runs 9 metres 4 missed tackles :(

Big problem luming if Flanno Snr next coach.
Best solution for our long term respectability (thats all that we can work to at present by the looks) bc winning games seems out of realistic expectations...is to pay to send Kyle to SL and away from Flanno Snr so he can take on this challenge with Gus and Potter unemcumbered by having his son around the club.

The way our recruitment has worked out for the past 6 years has been diabolical.