Petition to sack trent barret effectively immediately from the cantubury bulldogs coaching staff

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calm down man. This was a trial and the very first time our starting side has played together. We have to be a bit realistic with our expectations. A loss like this in a nothing game is much better than a 12 all score line. It shows where we are at.

Its going to take time and a bit of patience from us supporters.
Time and a bit of patience?
Where have you been since 2016?
We are like the mud dogs before bobby bouche..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Petitions are for losers. Gus would wipe his arse with it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m fairly certain after the game last night, Gus would have called out TB that he’s potentially got a problem on his hands. To get flogged with your full talent on display is hugely disappointing.
If we lose our first few games vs Cows and Broncs “Houston, we have a problem” - Manly, Panthers and Storm thereafter staring down a 0-5 start. TB will be a nervous little kitten, he’s not worried about petitions, he’s worried about the Gouldfather.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no expectations other than a repeat of last season, for the first ten rounds or so. However, I did see some ball movement in the first 20 minutes that lifted my hopes a little.

The season proper will not be as free flowing, because every point counts. Sides will take the kick at goal option more than the constant attack we've seen in pre season, and the attitude of our players should be sharper when competition points are at stake. Having said that, it is still going to take some time before we find our feet; so I'm not expecting any major improvement in the short term.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m fairly certain after the game last night, Gus would have called out TB that he’s potentially got a problem on his hands. To get flogged with your full talent on display is hugely disappointing.
If we lose our first few games vs Cows and Broncs “Houston, we have a problem” - Manly, Panthers and Storm thereafter staring down a 0-5 start. TB will be a nervous little kitten, he’s not worried about petitions, he’s worried about the Gouldfather.
Yep, if we start the season like 2021 with our roster Baz needs to start thinking about a career change because if Gus has a chance to replace him he will. Dogs can't afford to right off another season, we shouldn't be looking forward to 2023 when 2022 hasn't even started. They have been talking up all the new recruits and its time to back it up and produce results as you can't have proven players looking out of place - period.

Cronulla last night looked like a entire new team if we can't beat them good luck beating the likes of Panthers, Storm, Manly and so on let alone looking competitive.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fee they train well but when they get on the field they don’t execute his plans. Either that or the IQ of our team is too low to make plays like Penrith

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wil alwyz luv Cantubury Berldogs

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness, how long will Gould give him if the side starts off like it has for the last 5 years? He’s no fool, he wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t looking at options already. Who though, that’s the question.
Gus was so vocal for all those years about getting the front of house right, Well here we go

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Ennis would make a good assistant to Barrett instead of Furner and co. Instead of ousting him bring in better assistants until he finds his feet. Old mate sandercock offers minimum over experience of ennis.

Furners defensive structures are out dated