Petition to sack trent barret effectively immediately from the cantubury bulldogs coaching staff

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another mindless post by another mindless non-performing expert.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lol. A new sack Baz thread after trials. Earlier than I expected, but classic kennel. Oh dear.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The man is yet to coach a round of nrl with a remotely competitive team. He deserves at least the full season before we start losing our heads. Brad Arthur is a great example of how sticking by the coach can be rewarded.
You make a valid point. I don't know if Arthur can bring them a long awaited premiership, but he certainly has repaid the faith shown to him by the club. A few years ago he looked way worse, but with some decent players he's had some good recent seasons. I reckon this season is their best shot at the trophy, with several quality players leaving at the end of 2022, especially Mahoney, who a lot revolves around.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's ironic that Gould was the one that very vocal in warning Baz that his decision to accept the FG Head Coach gig at Cantubury is fraught with danger as a career move as failure would mean he won't ever be offered a FG Head Coach gig again, and NOW it is Gould that the Board will expect to advise them if and when to let Baz go. Remember this is only his 2nd season of a 3 year contact. So for us to break the contract would be costly unless there's performance hurdles in it that the Board could rely on to trigger termination.
For mine, given Gus is overseeing everything, it eliminates some potential coaches who wouldn't like to work under Gould I'd imagine. I can't see Flanagan working under Gus, would Toovey or Green?
If the Tigers let Madge go mid season would we be interested in him?
Would we touch Neil Henry or McGregor or John Cartwright? Maybe there's someone in the ESL?
I really feel for Baz if he can't get the best out of the players. He was never going to be put under any pressure last season. This year with much higher expectations and a massive roster overhaul is another matter though. I'm hoping something he says to the playing group makes the penny drop and we start the season well. Baz's career as a FG Coach depends on it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's ironic that Gould was the one that very vocal in warning Baz that his decision to accept the FG Head Coach gig at Cantubury is fraught with danger as a career move as failure would mean he won't ever be offered a FG Head Coach gig again, and NOW it is Gould that the Board will expect to advise them if and when to let Baz go. Remember this is only his 2nd season of a 3 year contact. So for us to break the contract would be costly unless there's performance hurdles in it that the Board could rely on to trigger termination.
For mine, given Gus is overseeing everything, it eliminates some potential coaches who wouldn't like to work under Gould I'd imagine. I can't see Flanagan working under Gus, would Toovey or Green?
Would we touch Neil Henry or McGregor or John Cartwright? Maybe there's someone in the ESL?
I really feel for Baz if he can't get the best out of the players. He was never going to be put under any pressure last season. This year with much higher expectations and a massive roster overhaul is another matter though. I'm hoping something he says to the playing group makes the penny drop and we start the season well. Baz's career as a FG Coach depends on it.
Every single person in the rugby league world knows full well that this is Barrett's last chance at a top level coaching gig. There are no possible excuses, he has every single thing that he needs, the best mentors in Hansen and Gould, facilities the equal of anyone's, a rapidly developing pathways system, a full compliment of sponsors/advertisers, the support of a super profitable leagues club, top class recruits this year and next year etc etc. He is lacking for nothing, there is no excuse for continuing poor results on the field, if he doesn't start producing then he knows where the door is and it won't reopen again for him, ever.

Always a Bulldog

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever signs this well, you're a fuckwit.... if there even is a petition, which if there is I'm embarrassed. I didn't click the link so don't know if it's for real or not, but if it is, just take your petition and fuck off

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I fee they train well but when they get on the field they don’t execute his plans. Either that or the IQ of our team is too low to make plays like Penrith
All he needs to do is connect with his players in a meaningful way, much easier said than done.
I hope he does well this year, he’s copping it at the moment

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like Pay, Baz would be one of the lowest paid coaches in the NRL. I don't think he'll be fired mid season even if we do struggle. They'd wait til the end of the year. So one years compensation on his salary isn't going to cost much or prevent them from making a change.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every single person in the rugby league world knows full well that this is Barrett's last chance at a top level coaching gig. There are no possible excuses, he has every single thing that he needs, the best mentors in Hansen and Gould, facilities the equal of anyone's, a rapidly developing pathways system, a full compliment of sponsors/advertisers, the support of a super profitable leagues club, top class recruits this year and next year etc etc. He is lacking for nothing, there is no excuse for continuing poor results on the field, if he doesn't start producing then he knows where the door is and it won't reopen again for him, ever.

Always a Bulldog
With respect, Baz in all honesty doesn't have the cattle. If I was to say the MOST important players in a teams roster are it's spine, I wouldn't be revealing anything earth shattering would I?
Having said that if we were to sit down and rank each of our top teams 1,6,7,9 compared to the 1,6,7,9 of every other team....from 1 to 16 in each position, where would our spine be ranked?
1 isn't apparently a great talker or defender. Rank say 10
6 has limited experience at 6, is trying to gel with a brand new playing group, and lost in the only games when playing 6 last season for the Premiers. Rank say 12
7 has struggled to create any cohesion, doesn't appear to have a voice and most think he's being played out of position. Rank 16
9 hasn't set the world on fire over the last 3 seasons, irrespective of who we consider our best 9. Rank 14 or 15th
So now add up where we rank OVERALL
I suggest we rank 15th or 16th.
Is it Baz's fault we rank 15th or 16th?
THERES YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT PERFORMING IN 2022.
Perhaps we need to have more realistic expectations this year, with next year and the addition of Reed Mahoney bringing our overall spine ranking up to say 8.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't clicked on the link to the petition. I personally hope that it's been mostly ignored as nothing screams laughing stock more than fans throwing hissy fits or trying to put pressure on clubs to make big moves like this.