Petition to sack trent barret effectively immediately from the cantubury bulldogs coaching staff

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
With respect, Baz in all honesty doesn't have the cattle. If I was to say the MOST important players in a teams roster are it's spine, I wouldn't be revealing anything earth shattering would I?
Having said that if we were to sit down and rank each of our top teams 1,6,7,9 compared to the 1,6,7,9 of every other team....from 1 to 16 in each position, where would our spine be ranked?
1 isn't apparently a great talker or defender. Rank say 10
6 has limited experience at 6, is trying to gel with a brand new playing group, and lost in the only games when playing 6 last season for the Premiers. Rank say 12
7 has struggled to create any cohesion, doesn't appear to have a voice and most think he's being played out of position. Rank 16
9 hasn't set the world on fire over the last 3 seasons, irrespective of who we consider our best 9. Rank 14 or 15th
So now add up where we rank OVERALL
I suggest we rank 15th or 16th.
Is it Baz's fault we rank 15th or 16th?
THERES YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT PERFORMING IN 2022.
Perhaps we need to have more realistic expectations this year, with next year and the addition of Reed Mahoney bringing our overall spine ranking up to say 8.
Not good enough excuses, we have a 30 player roster, that's how a team should be judged. Plus I think you are seriously underrating Dufty and Burton and who the fark knows who the 1/2 will be for Round 1 let alone rounds 2 to 25. You are also assuming that JMK will be the 9, when he may not be. You are also building in zero improvement during the season, which is an important KPI for the coaching staff. If none of the 30 players improves then Barrett should be sacked on that alone.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No coach, or his staff, seems to be able to motivate the players sufficiently to be the best they can play.

There is a seriously lacking attitude of intensity, professionalism, tackle dominance, resolve and comraderie.

Hardly any player plays to their potential, or past performances, and near on zero actually improve.

This missing resolve, and improved attitude, when we have new players, staff etc is what has so many fans worried that this year is more of the same as the past several years and they are all primarily issues that should be dealt with and improved by coaches!

We are all hoping they will start getting their act together.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gus needs to teach him about proper footy of fuck him off we havent made finals footy since 2016 its now 2022

link to the petition is here:https://www.change.org/p/john-khoury-sack-trent-barret-from-the-cantubury-bulldogs-coaching-staff
Mate, get your grammar checked. The grammar used in your petition makes it sound like it was written by a 5 year old...

For years and many years now since 2016 the mighty bulldogs havent made the top 8 due to the lack of proper coaching signing bad coaches that havent coached in their lifes etc etc we need this to end now otherwise we are gonna be getting bad coaches forever

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No coach, or his staff, seems to be able to motivate the players sufficiently to be the best they can play.

There is a seriously lacking attitude of intensity, professionalism, tackle dominance, resolve and comraderie.

Hardly any player plays to their potential, or past performances, and near on zero actually improve.

This missing resolve, and improved attitude, when we have new players, staff etc is what has so many fans worried that this year is more of the same as the past several years and they are all primarily issues that should be dealt with and improved by coaches!

We are all hoping they will start getting their act together.
Very eloquently said Wendy. Unfortunately what you said is too true. That's on the coaching staff.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A worry on 360 kent and buzz, i know its buzz, but both saying some players already commenting on Baz, saying there is a lack of attention to detail. Probably from blokes coming from Melb. Bad signs

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A worry on 360 kent and buzz, i know its buzz, but both saying some players already commenting on Baz, saying there is a lack of attention to detail. Probably from blokes coming from Melb. Bad signs
The boys look happier than ever.. fuck buzz and Kunty