Storm Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

"Melbourne Storm star Nelson Asofa-Solomona doubles down on vaccination stance." "The forward will not be able to train with the team from December 7, nor play Storm home games once the season commenced due to the Victorian Government's health orders. The Storm had been hopeful Asofa-Solomona, who's on a reported $675,000 a season, would change his mind but the 25-year-old's let his feelings be known on social media."

An even bigger hole punched right through the supposed "Melbourne culture", seems at least one player is no longer placing the team first. Asofa-Solomona plainly believes that his anti vax beliefs are more important than the team and to make it worse he announces it to the world on social media.

Always a Bulldog

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

"Melbourne Storm star Nelson Asofa-Solomona doubles down on vaccination stance." "The forward will not be able to train with the team from December 7, nor play Storm home games once the season commenced due to the Victorian Government's health orders. The Storm had been hopeful Asofa-Solomona, who's on a reported $675,000 a season, would change his mind but the 25-year-old's let his feelings be known on social media."

An even bigger hole punched right through the supposed "Melbourne culture", seems at least one player is no longer placing the team first. Asofa-Solomona plainly believes that his anti vax beliefs are more important than the team and to make it worse he announces it to the world on social media.

Always a Bulldog
Agree that clearly Nelson believes that this is a very important thing for him to do. He will also be a hero in the eyes of some for doing this. At the same time it will kill his career.

You could call it his Trafalgar moment...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Career suicide. Its not like any team is going to be ok with a player not being able to train or play. Tbh even if I was anti vax, I'd probably still do it to get the wages he does.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Nelson that it's OK to be afraid of needles, they can give him a general anesthetic so he will be asleep the whole time while they give him the injections.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What about the poor businesses that still have to pay anti-vaxxers tho.

Stood down on full pay (till when!!!)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cracks, cracks, everywhere! Solomona, Munster, BSmith, then Kaufusi off to the Dolphins following Hynes and Finucane off to the Sharks plus JAC to us and now ……

“Melbourne culture” ……. It’s a farkin myth.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It has all fallen apart since the real coach & referee has left Cameron Smith

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't write the obituaries for the Storm yet.. Despite all of the dramas and the players they've lost, Bellamy will still have them as a top 4 team and a contender.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't write the obituaries for the Storm yet.. Despite all of the dramas and the players they've lost, Bellamy will still have them as a top 4 team and a contender.
Yeah I’m not writing them off, I’m just saying they’re going to be thin in the middle. Plus they lost that other young forward Pene to the warriors

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They have Welch, Bromwich ,Jordan grant and josh king left

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not writing them off, I’m just saying they’re going to be thin in the middle. Plus they lost that other young forward Pene to the warriors
No doubt they'll have holes to fill but Bellamy always finds someone to fill in and do the job. I'm sure they'll get some Q Cup player to get them by. B.Smith will play in the middle more with Grant starting at hooker.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No doubt they'll have holes to fill but Bellamy always finds someone to fill in and do the job. I'm sure they'll get some Q Cup player to get them by. B.Smith will play in the middle more with Grant starting at hooker.
Yeah maybe after rd11 they can bring some people up but what if 1 or 2 of them go down before then. They’re fuuuuuuuucked

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah maybe after rd11 they can bring some people up but what if 1 or 2 of them go down before then. They’re fuuuuuuuucked
If NAS sits out the season then they can sign a replacement or two before the season starts with the 500k or so that he frees up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

‘We have so many piss-ups’: Brandon Smith reveals ‘massive drinking culture’ at Storm

Brandon Smith has revealed drinking is “a massive part of the culture” at the Melbourne Storm in an explosive tell-all interview.
Smith detailed a wild drinking story involving Dale Finucane and said club legend Cameron Smith “loves a beer”.

Yet another crack in the so called "Melbourne Culture", how's that myth going Bellamy?

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What a shitcunt way for him to be released by the storm.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

“We have so many piss-ups and it’s no secret that piss-ups build relationships, there’s a reason I was getting piss fit this whole time,” Smith said.

“Because you just start letting loose, you can talk and be yourself. At the Storm bro, drinking is a massive part of the culture.

“We had beer pong competition at my house and Scott Drinkwater, we were playing beer pong, Dale (Finucane) was blind, and Scott kept pouring vodka into his beer cups and he drank a bottle of vodka in 32 minutes, like a whole bottle and he was so pissed.

“He doesn’t realise how strong he is, he grabs you and just manhandles you around and 20 minutes later he’s got his shoe and he’s spewing into his shoe.”

The farkwit doesn't know when to stop. he just keeps on digging and the hole just keeps on getting deeper.

Always a Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.