2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, basically Bellyache is saying that the players are liars...don't forget the statement from the Melbourne chairman said that the players maintained they were that drunk that they did not know what they were doing...that now seems to be a real cop out and an out and out statement that they did nothing wrong because they could not remember it....

“THAT’S WHAT DISAPPOINTS ME SO MUCH”: BELLAMY LAMENTS STORM TRIO’S BEHAVIOUR
BY LACHLAN GELEIT 5 HOURS AGO

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has expressed his disappointment in Storm trio Cameron Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis’ behaviour after video emerged of them partying with what appeared to be a white substance.

After being reprimanded by both the club and the league for bringing the game into disrepute, Bellamy says the players are “well aware” of what they did wrong.
Speaking to 4BC Radio, the legendary coach says the players can’t afford to continue making similar mistakes as significant education awaits them.

“There has been a lot said and it has been really disappointing for us as a club, it’s been really disappointing for the game,” Bellamy said.

“Those guys are very aware they’ve done the wrong them.

“It’s really important now we give them the help and guidance they need to not be making those mistakes again.”

With the white powder in the footage believed to be illicit drugs, Bellamy expressed his disappointment in the trio’s “illegal” actions.

“A lot of people say to me it (illicit drug use) is rife in society now but ... for me, when I was their age we used to go out after a game and have six, eight, 10 schooners. That was what we did in those days,” Bellamy explained.

“I don’t know whether having a snort of cocaine or a line of cocaine is worse for your body or worse for you than half a dozen schooners.

“The big difference is having half a dozen schooners isn’t illegal. That’s what disappoints me so much is that these guys earn a good living, they’re doing what they love in life and what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.”

The trio will all miss Round 1 of the 2022 season on top of their financial punishments.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So, basically Bellyache is saying that the players are liars...don't forget the statement from the Melbourne chairman said that the players maintained they were that drunk that they did not know what they were doing...that now seems to be a real cop out and an out and out statement that they did nothing wrong because they could not remember it....

“THAT’S WHAT DISAPPOINTS ME SO MUCH”: BELLAMY LAMENTS STORM TRIO’S BEHAVIOUR
BY LACHLAN GELEIT 5 HOURS AGO

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has expressed his disappointment in Storm trio Cameron Munster, Brandon Smith and Chris Lewis’ behaviour after video emerged of them partying with what appeared to be a white substance.

After being reprimanded by both the club and the league for bringing the game into disrepute, Bellamy says the players are “well aware” of what they did wrong.
Speaking to 4BC Radio, the legendary coach says the players can’t afford to continue making similar mistakes as significant education awaits them.

“There has been a lot said and it has been really disappointing for us as a club, it’s been really disappointing for the game,” Bellamy said.

“Those guys are very aware they’ve done the wrong them.

“It’s really important now we give them the help and guidance they need to not be making those mistakes again.”

With the white powder in the footage believed to be illicit drugs, Bellamy expressed his disappointment in the trio’s “illegal” actions.

“A lot of people say to me it (illicit drug use) is rife in society now but ... for me, when I was their age we used to go out after a game and have six, eight, 10 schooners. That was what we did in those days,” Bellamy explained.

“I don’t know whether having a snort of cocaine or a line of cocaine is worse for your body or worse for you than half a dozen schooners.

“The big difference is having half a dozen schooners isn’t illegal. That’s what disappoints me so much is that these guys earn a good living, they’re doing what they love in life and what they did was illegal and they were very, very well aware of that.”

The trio will all miss Round 1 of the 2022 season on top of their financial punishments.
Yep, Bellamy admitted that they did coke.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Burton was done for coke in the Penrith off season. No way that we would be pushing for sacking. A lot of great players are risk takers in life. This has always been the case with rugby league players. Social media just makes it more visible now. Tbh, all I care about is winning games, the boys can get on the rack every weekend as long as they play well.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Burton was done for coke in the Penrith off season. No way that we would be pushing for sacking. A lot of great players are risk takers in life. This has always been the case with rugby league players. Social media just makes it more visible now. Tbh, all I care about is winning games, the boys can get on the rack every weekend as long as they play well.
During the season no way. In the off season I don’t care.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Bellamy is so full of shit ……..

Bellamy, though, sounds like he won't be letting Munster - and other contracted players - leave the club before their contract expires.

Munster is on his last chance, next fark up and he will be sacked. So if he wants to go to the Dolphins a year early all he has to do is pretend to get drunk and do a nudie run through Spencer St station, Bellamy will drop kick him out the door. Hello Dolphins he’s a free agent.

In fact doesn’t actually need to do it, just tell them that he will if they don’t release him. “More disrepute for you or I get released, your call farkers“.

Always a Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you're saying it's ok if they are racking up the weekend table points if they are racking up the weekend table points? I like it, and personally think you're onpoint!

Last edited:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
A few lines of coke at the end of tough year… who cares!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
True - but the difference in the way the media would treat it, if a Bulldog player was involved, would be very different.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Cracks, cracks everywhere ……… where is this supposed Melbourne culture, placing the team first, except when it comes to training & playing with his teamates, then it’s every farker for themselves, I don’t care about you mate, I’m good with my choice.

They‘re on the slippery slope, taking drugs, filming your team mates taking drugs, then sticking it up on the internet, lying to the NRL Integrity Commission, Dolphins pinching your players, cutting off your best source of juniors and now it’s some player who thinks he is more important than the team. Surely desertion is next, who will it be, BSmith, Grant or maybe Munster to be first domino to fall.

The Melbourne Myth gets more mythical by the day.

Always a Bulldog

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Cracks, cracks everywhere ……… where is this supposed Melbourne culture, placing the team first, except when it comes to training & playing with his teamates, then it’s every farker for themselves, I don’t care about you mate, I’m good with my choice.

They‘re on the slippery slope, taking drugs, filming your team mates taking drugs, then sticking it up on the internet, lying to the NRL Integrity Commission, Dolphins pinching your players, cutting off your best source of juniors and now it’s some player who thinks he is more important than the team. Surely desertion is next, who will it be, BSmith, Grant or maybe Munster to be first domino to fall.

Always a Bulldog
Get the popcorn ready

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The full range of safety measures are unworkable surely.
NRLol.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Vlandys doesn't want to insist on vaccinations for players, because he can hook players up with Ivermectin via his racing contacts. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe Vlandys doesn't want to insist on vaccinations for players, because he can hook players up with Ivermectin via his racing contacts. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Nah Vlandys is a genius. He knows the states will make it hard for unvaxed players to play, so he can sit back and not be the bad guy (to the anti vaxers)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
It amazes me how after all of this time people still underestimate how great Bellamy is at club level. They've had tonnes of off field issues with pplayers over the years and they've still dominated and won more premierships than anyone during that time.

I'm sure you were saying the same thing last year once Cam retired.. That they were done and this is the beginning of the end.. Yet they were still dominant minor premiers and lost in the GF qualifier.

Even if they lose Munster and Grant, they'll still be a top 4 team with the rest of the squad and the replacements they'll develop to fill their shoes with Bellamy at the helm.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It amazes me how after all of this time people still underestimate how great Bellamy is at club level. They've had tonnes of off field issues with pplayers over the years and they've still dominated and won more premierships than anyone during that time.

I'm sure you were saying the same thing last year once Cam retired.. That they were done and this is the beginning of the end.. Yet they were still dominant minor premiers and lost in the GF qualifier.

Even if they lose Munster and Grant, they'll still be a top 4 team with the rest of the squad and the replacements they'll develop to fill their shoes with Bellamy at the helm.
Like I have told Bellamy he will never be considered in the same class of coaches that have won premierships at more than one club. One club, in one city, owned for much of the time by the NRL itself and a media company that suppressed all negative media, alone with no other NRL competition in the whole state, that cheated the salary cap like never seen before, had multiple premierships revoked and gets its players from 2 states away and has only ever had, what is it, 1 local. When he stepped out of that extreme bubble to coach NSW he was an abject failure.

Bellamy has an expiry date, in desperation they threw $millions (plural) at him to stay, with only 1 more year guaranteed coaching. The Dolphins entering the NRL cuts off their major source of players and with the Titans now offering an alternative to the Donkeys, Melbourne will not be solely attractive for the elite juniors from SE Qld.

Don‘t for a second think any of the above means I believe Bellamy isn’t a good coach, but FMD he has had a huge advantage for far too long.

Always a Bulldog

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like I have told Bellamy he will never be considered in the same class of coaches that have won premierships at more than one club. One club, in one city, owned for much of the time by the NRL itself and a media company that suppressed all negative media, alone with no other NRL competition in the whole state, that cheated the salary cap like never seen before, had multiple premierships revoked and gets its players from 2 states away and has only ever had, what is it, 1 local. When he stepped out of that extreme bubble to coach NSW he was an abject failure.

Bellamy has an expiry date, in desperation they threw $millions (plural) at him to stay, with only 1 more year guaranteed coaching. The Dolphins entering the NRL cuts off their major source of players and with the Titans now offering an alternative to the Donkeys, Melbourne will not be solely attractive for the elite juniors from SE Qld.

Don‘t for a second think any of the above means I believe Bellamy isn’t a good coach, but FMD he has had a huge advantage for far too long.

Always a Bulldog
And Bennett didn't have a massive advantage with Brisbane for his first four premierships? Like they were ever under the cap. At Canberra when he was there they were busted for cheating the cap. Most premiership winning teams cheat the cap. Even bad teams like Parra when they were wooden spooners were found to have cheated the cap.. Need I remind you our best teams of the past 20 years were the result of cap cheating..

Everyone said he was only successful because he had Slater, Smith and Cronk as well as Inglis etc.. He wins without all of those players and now people find a new reason..

If Bellamy took over at Parra or even Manly that they'd win a premiership within 2 years. He'd be successful at other clubs too. He just hasn't had to move around like Bennett because he doesn't have as huge an ego as Bennett and doesn't burn bridges wherever he goes.. I'm sure Bennett regrets ever leaving the Broncos.

And Origin doesn't prove anything. Fittler has won several series. Are you suggesting that he's a better coach than Bellamy? His record at the Roosters suggests otherwise..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And Bennett didn't have a massive advantage with Brisbane for his first four premierships? Like they were ever under the cap. At Canberra when he was there they were busted for cheating the cap. Most premiership winning teams cheat the cap. Even bad teams like Parra when they were wooden spooners were found to have cheated the cap.. Need I remind you our best teams of the past 20 years were the result of cap cheating..

Everyone said he was only successful because he had Slater, Smith and Cronk as well as Inglis etc.. He wins without all of those players and now people find a new reason..

If Bellamy took over at Parra or even Manly that they'd win a premiership within 2 years. He'd be successful at other clubs too. He just hasn't had to move around like Bennett because he doesn't have as huge an ego as Bennett and doesn't burn bridges wherever he goes.. I'm sure Bennett regrets ever leaving the Broncos.

And Origin doesn't prove anything. Fittler has won several series. Are you suggesting that he's a better coach than Bellamy? His record at the Roosters suggests otherwise..
To be fair coaches improve also. Fittler is a better coach now than he was in 2009. Also some coaches are better at rep level than club level and vice versa. In saying that Bellamy is the GOAT NRL coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.