Storm Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation but do you possibly have a thing against the Storm? Perhaps feeling that their special culture is some type of myth.

Sorry if I'm stepping out of line on this one as I really don't want to offen, but reading between the lines with you it does seem you feel that way. But ... you do keep your cards quite close to your chest when you're talking about Melbourne, don't you?
Their culture is winning, that is it. Identify the best talent at a young age and give them the coaching & training to be successful.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Their culture is winning, that is it. Identify the best talent at a young age and give them the coaching & training to be successful.
You forgot to mention cheating the Salary Cap like no one before or since and then the illegal tactics that they have introduced in order to win. Sure they identify the best talent and then they teach them how to cheat. That's why when players leave Melbourne they often aren't the same, because other coaches aren't looking for new ways to cheat every season like Melbourne.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Exiled Storm prop Nelson Asofa Solomona set to switch codes

Exiled Melbourne Storm prop Nelson Asofa-Solomona is reportedly set to leave the NRL to play rugby in the Japanese League One competition ahead of the 2023 season.

According to Fox Sports, the two-time premiership-winning prop will join the Panasonic Wild Knights, who are coached by former Wallabies mentor Robbie Deans.

The Storm have tried to contact the 25-year-old over the past few months but haven't managed to resolve the matter.

"I'm very hopeful 'NAS' will come back," Storm captain Jesse Bromwich said last month. "He's a powerful man and a big part of our team. "A lot of us boys care deeply for him and I've tried to reach out to him, but I didn't get anything back. "I know he's got his beliefs around vaccination and it's up to him, but we really want him to come back, so hopefully the matter resolves itself soon."

Japan's law is free of such rules regarding vaccination, which could be a hub for players avoiding vaccination.

How's that much hyped "Melbourne Culture" looking? Pretty farked I'd say, won't take calls from his coaching staff and doesn't even respond to fellow players. The myth is rapidly disappearing into the mist.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You forgot to mention cheating the Salary Cap like no one before or since and then the illegal tactics that they have introduced in order to win. Sure they identify the best talent and then they teach them how to cheat. That's why when players leave Melbourne they often aren't the same, because other coaches aren't looking for new ways to cheat every season like Melbourne.

Always a Bulldog
It is getting tiring of your storm bashing honestly, every chance you get you bag them. Move on

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol with all respect we are no better ...
Really ................... did we have players on 2 contracts at the same time? For 5 farkin years? Add to that free boats, cars for the wife, interest free loans, the list of rorts is endless.

Did we introduce the chicken wing, hip drop, grapple tackle, rolling pin, crusher, crocodile roll, cannon ball, ankle twists etc etc?

Pretty much every bad thing about the game in the last 15 years has come from there.

Always a Bulldog

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really ................... did we have players on 2 contracts at the same time? For 5 farkin years? Add to that free boats, cars for the wife, interest free loans, the list of rorts is endless.

Did we introduce the chicken wing, hip drop, grapple tackle, rolling pin, crusher, crocodile roll, cannon ball, ankle twists etc etc?

Pretty much every bad thing about the game in the last 15 years has come from there.

Always a Bulldog
LOLLLL bro we cheated the fuck outta the cap and we can't pick and choose which bits we want to hate ... we're just as bad. We cheated.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
LOLLLL bro we cheated the fuck outta the cap and we can't pick and choose which bits we want to hate ... we're just as bad. We cheated.
There's cheating and there's CHEATING!
Did we have any premierships revoked? They had 2.
Did we have any minor premierships revoked? They had 3.
Sure we had points deducted, but so they did they, which is the only thing that is remotely the same.
Did the NRL fine us $1.6 million? Ours wasn't even a 1/3rd of that.

As bad as that is, their recording of cheating on the field is unsurpassed, they introduced almost everything that is bad in the NRL.

Always a Bulldog

Status
Not open for further replies.