Storm Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
With these articles coming out about B.Smith now, I think we as a club did the right thing turning away from signing this bloke and focused in on getting Mahoney here instead.

Brandon could turn out to be more of a headache then first thought.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a spoiled, petulant brat!
I'm really glad we didn't pursue him.
He'll have no trouble soaking his nose in white powder in Sydney's east!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

‘We have so many piss-ups’: Brandon Smith reveals ‘massive drinking culture’ at Storm

Brandon Smith has revealed drinking is “a massive part of the culture” at the Melbourne Storm in an explosive tell-all interview.
Smith detailed a wild drinking story involving Dale Finucane and said club legend Cameron Smith “loves a beer”.

Yet another crack in the so called "Melbourne Culture", how's that myth going Bellamy?

Always a Bulldog
Every club in the history of Rugby League has had a massive drinking culture. It's not like the other clubs drink herbal tea.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow. Brandon comes across as a moron. If you don't have a decent grasp of the language you speak, best give public posts a miss.
He’s a Kiwi, they speak funny too.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Even Kimmorley can see how big the cracks are;

Kimmorley can see the wheels falling off.
Is it because of the culture?
Is it because they're going to have players leave next year?
Is it because their heart and souls aren't in the Melbourne Storm anymore?

Is it possible that even Bellamy can't Spakfilla that size cracks?

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

The five-eighth admitted his form on the field suffered following a weekend betting spree.

“Every Saturday I was in a gambling routine. Some days I’d win and have a really good game.

“Some days I might lose a lot of money and it was like a roller coaster.

“I’d have this anxiety about a big loss hanging over my head and it showed in the way I played. The days when you do your arse are shocking.”

Munster also revealed that he once placed a bet in the sheds before a game, hiding from teammates and coaching staff in a toilet cubicle to watch the race on his phone.

“I’ve sat down and worked it out. Some years I’ve lost more than six figures from my savings.”

"Melbourne culture", exploding the biggest NRL myth even more every day.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Anti-vax Melbourne Storm star Nelson Asofa-Solomona won't return his captain's calls.

How’s that “Melbourne Culture” looking, players not on speaking terms, and the GM still avoids making any decision. Where are your balls scumbag, too scared to make the call, he needs to go everyone knows it. Plainly he’s more scared of a vaccination than even the all powerful “Melbourne Culture“ can overcome. Get a skin full with Brandon to help you gather the courage to do what you should have done months ago. Or snort a few lines with Munster, then get out a red pen and put a line through his contract.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Not seeing any of that much hyped “Melbourne culture” you farkin flogs. Where is their moral compass pointing, assaulted a woman and then tried to hide it from them and the NRL, only telling Melbourne some 2 weeks later when police made the charge public. I did notice his official address remains at Sunnybank Hills, maybe just me but it seems hypocritical to play for the only NRL team in Vic and have your address 2,000 kilometres away in Qld. FMD at least pretend that you‘re actually a Melbourne player.

Always a Bulldog

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not seeing any of that much hyped “Melbourne culture” you farkin flogs. Where is their moral compass pointing, assaulted a woman and then tried to hide it from them and the NRL, only telling Melbourne some 2 weeks later when police made the charge public. I did notice his official address remains at Sunnybank Hills, maybe just me but it seems hypocritical to play for the only NRL team in Vic and have your address 2,000 kilometres away in Qld. FMD at least pretend that you‘re actually a Melbourne player.

Always a Bulldog
Mate. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation but do you possibly have a thing against the Storm? Perhaps feeling that their special culture is some type of myth.

Sorry if I'm stepping out of line on this one as I really don't want to offen, but reading between the lines with you it does seem you feel that way. But ... you do keep your cards quite close to your chest when you're talking about Melbourne, don't you?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Go outside and get some fresh air and some sun bro LOLL

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation but do you possibly have a thing against the Storm? Perhaps feeling that their special culture is some type of myth.

Sorry if I'm stepping out of line on this one as I really don't want to offen, but reading between the lines with you it does seem you feel that way. But ... you do keep your cards quite close to your chest when you're talking about Melbourne, don't you?
No reading between the lines necessary, just read the lines themselves. Melbourne are an embarrassment to the NRL, pretty much every bad thing about the game in the last 15 years has come from there. FMD the list is endless, from 2 contracts to hip drops and chicken wings and they are the sole reason why we now have this farked up set restarts that ruins the game. Then they have the farkin hide to claim some sort of magical "Melbourne culture", what a load of bullshit.

Always a Bulldog

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No reading between the lines necessary, just read the lines themselves. Melbourne are an embarrassment to the NRL, pretty much every bad thing about the game in the last 15 years has come from there. FMD the list is endless, from 2 contracts to hip drops and chicken wings and they are the sole reason why we now have this farked up set restarts that ruins the game. Then they have the farkin hide to claim some sort of magical "Melbourne culture", what a load of bullshit.

Always a Bulldog
hard to argue with this

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can hate and doubt Melbourne all you want, but they'll still make the top 4 this season even with all of the players they have missing and the off field controversies... That's because of Bellamys coaching ability and the on field "culture" he's built.

They've had off field issues for years and it's never affected their performance on the field. It won't be any different this time around. Every year fans and people in the media predict that this will be the year that they fall apart and it never happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.