Grant

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not even worth discussing. We missed our opportunity last year when he was cheap. Now Melbourne won't let him go and he'd cost a fortune anyway.

We'll just have to hope someone like Clark, McInnes or Brailey is lined up for 2022 and will likely have to make do with JMK/Katoa/Wakeham for another year.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We think Grant is too expensive but selling Napa and Hopa would more than pay his $1M and those 2 wouldn't even be missed
Agree with that logic mate for up to a mil..sadly I doubt the Mexicans will let him go.. Or will they at a certain price??

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All these players have some sort of SOO clause built into their contracts.... some say it’s worth an extra 30-50k that there club will have to fork out.... so how does the Storm do it? With JAC, Welsh, Kaufusi, Munster, Lee, Grant.... surely that’s blows their cap out doesn’t it?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a heap of money his way we offered over 500 before he played first grade

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: throw me a million dollars and I’ll be a superstar on www.superstarwithamillion$$$.com you can watch me spend it

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All these players have some sort of SOO clause built into their contracts.... some say it’s worth an extra 30-50k that there club will have to fork out.... so how does the Storm do it? With JAC, Welsh, Kaufusi, Munster, Lee, Grant.... surely that’s blows their cap out doesn’t it?
Brown paper bags and their players still sign 2 contracts - the fake one for the NRL and the real one kept in house.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He turned us down when he was a nobody... forget it lol
he literally was guaranteed first grade, fuckwit
Could have been more about playing under Pay. Not sure how hard we went for him either. I doubt it was anywhere near as hard as we have gone for Burton

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Foran was considered to be worth $1m+ for 3 years by us and Ben Hunt was valued at $1.2m x 3 years when Dragqueens picked him up....what is Grant worth seriously? Make him an offer of $1.2m x 4 years. He and Burton and Flanagan are 3 spine players we can build our club around for a decade.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not even worth discussing. We missed our opportunity last year when he was cheap. Now Melbourne won't let him go and he'd cost a fortune anyway.

We'll just have to hope someone like Clark, McInnes or Brailey is lined up for 2022 and will likely have to make do with JMK/Katoa/Wakeham for another year.
This.

Silly even contemplating that we'd be able to get him. There's absolutely no chance.

B Smith on the other hand. Surely now he'd be questioning whether to stay at Melbourne?