Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed our chance when we wouldn't cough up the so called "overs" this year

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s been said here perfectly.
I’d love Grant, but we’ve missed that boat.
The only way is to ask his manager how likely is a 1.1 mil offer of getting f him and if there’s no positive answer then move on or we’ll miss others.
We need to be looking at the likes of
McInnes, Clarke, Smith and co.
Grant is probably pie in the sky now.
That said, watch him end up at Roosters in the future....

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Too bad he's only going to get 10 months of it (according to Bellamy).

Go Dogs
10 months at the Storm before jumping in Bellamy's suitcase and heading to Brisbane.. (Broncs or 2nd Brissy team)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you can listen to it through the SEN app
I found a link if anyone wanted to listen:
"The Game Plan with Shane Flanagan" I'd assume. *around the 7 minute mark.

It's probably just one throw away line so probably not worth listening...

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I found a link if anyone wanted to listen:
"The Game Plan with Shane Flanagan" I'd assume. *around the 7 minute mark.

It's probably just one throw away line so probably not worth listening...
It's at like the 33 minute mark where he says it

rfs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I really do NOT understand why we don't/didn't throw 800k? 1M at Harry grant?

He's a world class 9. Please can someone explain to me why the club didn't go after him harder? I know back before he played a first grade game we offered him a 3yr deal worth 1M.

We haven't had a hooker since Ennis, who we gave away for Liecha. I'll stop there before I break my keyboard or my LED monitor.

Harry Grant is the next long term hooker for QLD, the best hooker the NRL has seen since Smith.

Some things i'll never understand....

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Melbourne Storm will have 3 contracts set aside for Harry. Brown Paper Bags, boats and diamond rings

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He's a world class 9. Please can someone explain to me why the club didn't go after him harder? I know back before he played a first grade game we offered him a 3yr deal worth 1M.

We haven't had a hooker since Ennis, who we gave away for Liecha. I'll stop there before I break my keyboard or my LED monitor.

Harry Grant is the next long term hooker for QLD, the best hooker the NRL has seen since Smith.

100000%
Without a decent hooker, we're just pissing in the wind next year.

Reactions: rfs

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a franchise player you can build around. The storm aren’t stupid enough to let it go. After last night, I would spend 1mil a season for him. He is going to be that good. I hope C. Smith decides to be selfish and play on for another season to push him out.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We have actually twice tried to sign him the last time 500k a year 2 year deal and Melbourne offered more and guaranteed he game time first grade.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have actually twice tried to sign him the last time 500k a year 2 year deal and Melbourne offered more and guaranteed he game time first grade.
Then we shall try try and try again. Until we get our man. Even if we front load his contract.

He's the best prospect since Cook

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then we shall try try and try again. Until we get our man. Even if we front load his contract.

He's the best prospect since Cook
Last time he nearly sign but Melbourne match it and gave top 30 and 2 or 3 first grade

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no way Melbourne paid anywhere near or more than 500k, otherwise he would not of been loaned out to the Tigers

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
So you’re saying Melbourne dropped half a Mil on a Qld Cup player and then loaned him out to the Tigers for a year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you’re saying Melbourne dropped half a Mil on a Qld Cup player and then loaned him out to the Tigers for a year?
Yh, why not? They get to keep him and Tigers cover his wage for the year giving them cap space. Makes sense.