Grant

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Man... I hope that performance pushes the club to do something crazy... I'm talking about 5-10 years, 1m a year. A Taumalolo style contract.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Knew that interview WOULD set tongues wagging but 1.2mil a year give it a rest.
Brandon Smith would be fucking great at our club for well under half that price we should go all out for him and sadly forget about Grant, who will be the next 10+ year star at C***s inc. Aka the Storm.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brandon Smith would be fucking great at our club for well under half that price we should go all out for him and sadly forget about Grant, who will be the next 10+ year star at C***s inc. Aka the Storm.
B. Smith is a good second option, but he's going to be expensive too, I'd say more than what you've figured for him. I've always thought B. Smith was the more realistic option.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I came on to start this exact thread

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How much you think? I reckon 450/500k am i close.Grant's value just went way up while Smith's price if he wants a 9 shirt has levelled a bit after tonight?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 million would get him I reckon

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya.
Giving Grant 1.2 mil and then trying to balance after 29 spots with 8 or so million.
B Smith would probably cost half and use the rest to buy a top notch back.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How much you think? I reckon 450/500k am i close.Grant's value just went way up while Smith's price if he wants a 9 shirt has levelled a bit after tonight?
There are a lot of bottom teams that could do with someone like Brandon Smith, Titans and Broncos for e.g. It's a bit more than opportunity to play his preferred position, hooker, we will have some competition. I also believe he genuinely loves the Storm and we know he's a bit crazy with his decision making. I've always thought he'd be in the 700-800k range. I've hard Grant at 1m for a while now. I saw enough from his performances at the Tigers, I don't think he's had a bad game yet and he always impresses me. We had to sign Cotric for 650k and he's a winger/centre. Thompson for a reported 800k, I think something in the 700-800k range makes sense personally. I genuinely think someone like Grant or Brandon Smith would really push us to be competing for a top eight spot and I'm not the most optimistic guy going around.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First player I'd have a poster of if we signed him ( :kissingheart: ). Wish we did it earlier for less, but offer him 1m and see what happens... I think he's done enough where the Storm will throw all of C. Smith's money at him if they had too. He'll be the best hooker for the next 10 years. Grant not giving the 100% he's going back to the Storm in his post game interview, don't tease us GRANT!
Yes I noticed that in the post game interview too. He's better than Cook already. Deserves Foran money. He'll be as valuable as Tedesco, Keary, Cleary, Fifita or Taumalolo (all on $1M+) for the next 8 - 10 years

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes I noticed that in the post game interview too. He's better than Cook already. Deserves Foran money. He'll be as valuable for many years as Tedesco, Keary or Fifita who will all be on $1M+
100%. Fifita isn't good value for what the Titans are paying imo (overs on overs for a second rower, unless he can transition into a lock, and even then I still think it's too much). Grant would be a much better buy.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1M+)
Yeh Grant > B Smith for sure. But B Smith is a better hooker than we have at the moment.
That game tonight might show Brandon it's no use him remaining at the Storm (if he wants to play hooker and remain the NZ hooker)

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are a lot of bottom teams that could do with someone like Brandon Smith, Titans and Broncos for e.g. It's a bit more than opportunity to play his preferred position, hooker, we will have some competition. I also believe he genuinely loves the Storm and we know he's a bit crazy with his decision making. I've always thought he'd be in the 700-800k range. I've hard Grant at 1m for a while now. I saw enough from his performances at the Tigers, I don't think he's had a bad game yet and he always impresses me. We had to sign Cotric for 650k and he's a winger/centre. Thompson for a reported 800k, I think something in the 700-800k range makes sense personally. I genuinely think someone like Grant or Brandon Smith would really push us to be competing for a top eight spot and I'm not the most optimistic guy going around.
Wow ok I don't think he is worth that as he doesn't play hooker but YES we should get him up to a certain point moneywise, he would be very good has mongrel too we need that.
Grant is a bridge and $$ wise too far I reckon, hope amongst hope I'm wrong he would win us comps without doubt :hearteyes:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I hope I wake up tomorrow to some Grant/B. Smith links ffs, It's been too long without any... half of it is BS anyways, but I just need some smoke and fire.