Opinion Thompson

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Doesn't say anything. Just says they didn't want to go as high as us.

So you say he's on 900k, correct? All it says is the Titans didnt want to go more than 800k LOL. So he still rates him.
The only reported amount that's come out regarding what Thompson is on is 850k by the DT. There was competition from a few top clubs (who pulled out early) and clubs around our position. That obviously means we had to pay overs and even potentially more to outbid teams like the Titans and Warriors. This is the problem we face in regards to signing anyone decent. In reality we bought a ~500k player who's currently not even playing to that value.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Surely it was more of a mal
Meninga dud decision than Holbrook

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only reported amount that's come out regarding what Thompson is on is 850k by the DT. There was competition from a few top clubs (who pulled out early) and clubs around our position. That obviously means we had to pay overs and even potentially more to outbid teams like the Titans and Warriors. This is the problem we face in regards to signing anyone decent. In reality we bought a ~500k player who's currently not even playing to that value.
I was replying to Beast about "what it coul mean" that they pulled out. And it doesnt mean anything. They still like him as a player and just didn't want to go as high as we did.

What ever they were offering would have been overs too, we just went more.

My main point was it means nothing that they pulled out or we outbid, Holbrook still rates him.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because Holbrook has history of improving sides, getting results and winning. Done it in the juniors, lower grades, and England...now imo he's going to do it in the NRL and has made a promising start with the Titans.

When he rocked up the the Titans he absolutely SMASHED the senior players and scared that fatty Boyd so much that he retired. Identified a player like Fogarty very early on in pre season and made him halfback..turned players like Taylor, Proctor, etc careers around and has them heading in the right direction. These are just a few examples of things you want to see from your coach and his staff.

Obviously the real test will be in a season or two like previously mentioned, but so far so go nood. He has also managed to rebuild key areas of the 17 within a season via recruitment and development of players that we're widely considered shit by many.

On Fifita idk, personally I'd probably have a melt down if we signed an edge forward on his coin like mentioned...but hey, they didn't want to match our offer to Thompson so what does that say?
I can assure you the Titans offer was more and a couple of other clubs aswell.
I bet Thompson is gutted now he didn’t sign for them, but then again there’s still time....
How much is he on this week 999k, you Bellend

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can assure you the Titans offer was more and a couple of other clubs aswell.
I bet Thompson is gutted now he didn’t sign for them, but then again there’s still time....
How much is he on this week 999k, you Bellend
I very much doubt that.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt he turned down more to come to us too tbh. But then I think Holbrook just paid 1.5 million for a SRer, so who knows.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unlike you I only state the facts. Not gossip or hearsay
If you really know him, has he lost weight from when he played in Super league? I know he isnt the biggest prop going around but wat hing the Superleague GF, he looks 5 kegs bigger to me.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unlike you I only state the facts. Not gossip or hearsay
Provide confirmation then..you know if they're facts?

I find it extremely unlikely that he rejected bigger offers to join us..we literally sign fucking no one of note yet you want us to believe we pulled off this AND on less money than other clubs offered? Mate we're paying fucking DWZ and Napa around 550k ffs.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you really know him, has he lost weight from when he played in Super league? I know he isnt the biggest prop going around but wat hing the Superleague GF, he looks 5 kegs bigger to me.
He’s the same weight mate, give and take 103 kgs, maybe a kg off clean shaven

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s the same weight mate, give and take 103 kgs, maybe a kg off clean shaven
Ok, must be the Jersey lol.

I think hes a good player btw, but I hope he plays better than he has shown in the last few digs.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Provide confirmation then..you know if they're facts?

I find it extremely unlikely that he rejected bigger offers to join us..we literally sign fucking no one of note yet you want us to believe we pulled off this AND on less money than other clubs offered? Mate we're paying fucking DWZ and Napa around 550k ffs.
Like I have stared previously he always wanted to play at bulldogs, he hasn’t joined us for the money albeit he has a good deal,
Give him time, he will come good

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I think hes a good player btw, but I hope he plays better than he has shown in the last few digs.
I agree mate, first game went well, faded away since

i totally agree mate, he needs to be a lot better, hopefully a win and a couple of tries at the weekend

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson hasn't been as good as Jammer was when he first came, but our team is also a lot shitter overall than when Jammer joined us.

More than happy that we have him and definitely keen to see how he goes after a proper off season and with a new coach and some new blood around him. He will be one of our best next year imo.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So when the dogs won games late in the season it meant shit because we had nothing to play for etc but when the Titans do it Holbrook is the next Jack Gibson. A lot of this is coming from you Marley/Sandshoe/beast or whatever you’re calling yourself this week who also told us Steve Georgalis was the next big thing and should be the first grade coach.
Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Brilliant today amongst DUMB DUMBER and DUMBERER.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thompson was way better today. He ran hard and was great on kick chase and putting pressure on in defence. His fitness was a lot better.

He should have had a try. That was a bullshit decision. I'd love to see some offloads and tackle busts but Thompson played well today and hopefully he can build off that for the last three games.