Opinion Thompson

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine being sold our heritage and then coming here to play with Pay and Co.
Comes from a winning culture.
Looked fitter than most of our blokes after not playing = discipline, professionalism. Probably thought, WTF these blokes been doing?

He's in the bubble surrounded by mediocrity.

Being interviewed by Elliot, the cheerleader of the leadership group. Fuckin hell.
Absolute amateur hour these last couple of seasons.
Thomo listens to real music (Stone Roses etc) and Elliot probably listens to k pop. Thomo probably likes the finer things in life, the real deal.
He might not have made a huge impact this year but everything hes done has been with integrity.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes once we have a real coach.
I hope we signed Elliot on the cheap.
He probably does listen to K Pop!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call 5-11 with a +/- of -181 ‘doing well’. More wins than the Bulldogs this season doesn’t say much. We’ll see how things go on Saturday but I think talk of Holbrook being a top tier NRL coach is premature. 2021 is the litmus test for both teams.
Could you imagine this place if we signed a second rower to 1.5 million? Meltdown city.

Holbrook is getting heaps of wraps tbh, for doing what Dean Pay did at the end of lost seasons.

Ask yourself this. If Baz comes in next year and has a similar record to what Holbrook has now, do you think all these people singing Holbrooks praises will do the same for Baz?

Last thing, have you seen Holbrooks 1.5 million dollars signing play lately? Doesnt look worth more than 500k atm LOL

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could you imagine this place if we signed a second rower to 1.5 million? Meltdown city.

Holbrook is getting heaps of wraps tbh, for doing what Dean Pay did at the end of lost seasons.

Ask yourself this. If Baz comes in next year and has a similar record to what Holbrook has now, do you think all these people singing Holbrooks praises will do the same for Baz?

Last thing, have you seen Holbrooks 1.5 million dollars signing play lately? Doesnt look worth more than 500k atm LOL
Holbrook shits all over Pay and Tbaz

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Mate please... do you mind with that sort of logic?? Of course it wouldn’t matter what the club did, if the team isn’t full of cap busting stars signed overnight with a record number of broken contracts then the club is inept. There will always be the irrational.

A fine bunch of coaches and administrators most of the Kennel would make :-).

Can’t wait for #SackBaz, #SackCotric among others.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holbrook shits all over Pay and Tbaz
At this point he has a worse win percentage than Pay in the NRL....LOL.

I dont know if hes better than Barret, like I said if Barrett does a similar job with our junk team next year I doubt you'll be singing his praises, like you do Holbrooks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
At this point he has a worse win percentage than Pay in the NRL....LOL.

I dont know if hes better than Barret, like I said if Barrett does a similar job with our junk team next year I doubt you'll be singing his praises, like you do Holbrooks.
Because Holbrook has history of improving sides, getting results and winning. Done it in the juniors, lower grades, and England...now imo he's going to do it in the NRL and has made a promising start with the Titans.

When he rocked up the the Titans he absolutely SMASHED the senior players and scared that fatty Boyd so much that he retired. Identified a player like Fogarty very early on in pre season and made him halfback..turned players like Taylor, Proctor, etc careers around and has them heading in the right direction. These are just a few examples of things you want to see from your coach and his staff.

Obviously the real test will be in a season or two like previously mentioned, but so far so go nood. He has also managed to rebuild key areas of the 17 within a season via recruitment and development of players that we're widely considered shit by many.

On Fifita idk, personally I'd probably have a melt down if we signed an edge forward on his coin like mentioned...but hey, they didn't want to match our offer to Thompson so what does that say?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
On Fifita idk, personally I'd probably have a melt down if we signed an edge forward on his coin like mentioned...but hey, they didn't want to match our offer to Thompson so what does that say?
You don’t know what they were ‘willing to match’ and Thompson said he always wanted to play for the Bulldogs. You throw your toys out of the cot at Thompson’s alleged salary but you’re OK with ~double for Fifita? Is that purely because the Dogs aren’t paying it? Right now Fifita probably just wants out of the Ponies and may come good next year but it’s a huge gamble that may blow up in their faces. Him on ~1.5m is worse than Thompson on ~50% of that in my view. But too early to judge both, though you seem to have made up your mind on Thompson.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because Holbrook has history of improving sides, getting results and winning. Done it in the juniors, lower grades, and England...now imo he's going to do it in the NRL and has made a promising start with the Titans.

When he rocked up the the Titans he absolutely SMASHED the senior players and scared that fatty Boyd so much that he retired. Identified a player like Fogarty very early on in pre season and made him halfback..turned players like Taylor, Proctor, etc careers around and has them heading in the right direction. These are just a few examples of things you want to see from your coach and his staff.

Obviously the real test will be in a season or two like previously mentioned, but so far so go nood. He has also managed to rebuild key areas of the 17 within a season via recruitment and development of players that we're widely considered shit by many.

Doesn't say anything. Just says they didn't want to go as high as us.

So you say he's on 900k, correct? All it says is the Titans didnt want to go more than 800k LOL. So he still rates him.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I dont known what the Titans offered tbh, but just because they didn't sign him doesnt mean Holbrook all of a sudden doesn't rate him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Doesn't say anything. Just says they didn't want to go as high as us.

So you say he's on 900k, correct? All it says is the Titans didnt want to go more than 800k LOL. So he still rates him.
1.7 million