Retro Gaming

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has anyone here played Road Redemption which is meant to be the spiritual successor to Road Rash?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone here played Road Redemption which is meant to be the spiritual successor to Road Rash?
I didn't even know Road Redemption existed! Road Rash brings back so many memories! I used to play hours and hours of it on my old Win95 PC and eventually on the PS1. Simple and fun!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I didn't even know Road Redemption existed! Road Rash brings back so many memories! I used to play hours and hours of it on my old Win95 PC and eventually on the PS1. Simple and fun!
I played it heaps on my Gameboy. I loved everything about it, the music and gameplay. You can imagine how excited I was to play it on the Sega Mega Drive and Win 95 once I got to them. Such an awesome game.

Road Redemption's preview was commended by the developers of Road Rash - that's how awesome it looked.

Check this out:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have my Raspberry Pi set up with a large amount of games. Now I'm just waiting for my Nespi case to arrive http://retroflag.com/ and my NES controllers to arrive.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have my Raspberry Pi set up with a large amount of games. Now I'm just waiting for my Nespi case to arrive http://retroflag.com/ and my NES controllers to arrive.
Is that only compatible with NES games? The Retron 5 console is known to be capable of playing a wide range of games from NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance cartridges via HDMI. However they have to be legitimate. I won't run copys or bootleg versions of them.

Also are you talking about games that are pre-loaded into the system or games you've had from back in the day?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that only compatible with NES games? The Retron 5 console is known to be capable of playing a wide range of games from NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance cartridges via HDMI. However they have to be legitimate. I won't run copys or bootleg versions of them.

Also are you talking about games that are pre-loaded into the system or games you've had from back in the day?

Nah, compatible with anything. That link I shared it purely for the case. It's just a plastic case for the Raspberry Pi. Then you load all the games on to an SD card along with Retropie software, stick it in the Raspberry Pi, stick the Raspberry Pi in the NESPi case, plug in some controllers and HDMI/power cables and you're good to go.

Of course there's a lot more involved than that including ripping the original games so you can play them off flash card, and setting up the Retropie software correctly with the right emulators so it works well.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah, compatible with anything. That link I shared it purely for the case. It's just a plastic case for the Raspberry Pi. Then you load all the games on to an SD card along with Retropie software, stick it in the Raspberry Pi, stick the Raspberry Pi in the NESPi case, plug in some controllers and HDMI/power cables and you're good to go.

Of course there's a lot more involved than that including ripping the original games so you can play them off flash card, and setting up the Retropie software correctly with the right emulators so it works well.
I've been looking to get a Rasberry Pi Gameboy kit, as I'm more of a portable gamer. Everytime I think about doing it, I keep then changing my mind and thinking the GPD XD would be the better option for portable emulation.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe @Raysie They made something like that for the iPad called iCade.

Not exactly something I would want to carry around on the train lol. Plus I would get so obsessed it would drain the battery.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha nice! So many cool custom gaming creations out there.

Wahesh

Reaction score
New(ish) game on Android and iOS called Sega Heroes. It's like a connect 3 puzzle game where when you connect 3 colours, the character assigned to that colour attacks an opposing character. It's pretty fun, I'm at level 42 right now.

Great nostalgia with many awesome Sega characters across multiple platforms over the years return transforming your phone into a handheld console :D

upload_2020-2-6_9-2-46.png

^ Banner from their Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sega_Heroes/

Official website: https://www.sega.com/games/segaheroes

Gameplay. Simply connect 3 then watch the animated attack/action :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dug out my arcade stick too and hooked that up

That looks awesome.!! But I’m PlayStation only, had an Xbox an got rid of it. The original Xbox was the shit though, can’t beat old school.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need to get online for Street Fighter 2 because I would destroy anybody here; haven't been in about a decade 8-)