Retro Gaming

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Focusing specifically on Retro/Classic games, what are you favorites?

Many of us here would be either 80s or 90s babies, meaning we grew up in what was undoubtedly the golden era of gaming.

My favorites that immediately come to mind include Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Alien Storm.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The Arcade version of this game was much better than the home console ports... much more play-ability 3 players together, while the Master System and Mega Drive versions only allowed for 1.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Focusing specifically on Retro/Classic games, what are you favorites?

Many of us here would be either 80s or 90s babies, meaning we grew up in what was undoubtedly the golden era of gaming.

My favorites that immediately come to mind include Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Alien Storm.
I still got 2 copies of golden axe also got 3 of Michael jackson moon walker and about 70 other games and a few master systems

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than the ones listed above.. Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, Super Mario Bros, Sonic, Outrun, Legend of Zelda, Paper Boy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Commander Keen, Jill of the Jungle, Pitfall, Flashback, Gauntlet, Another World, Prince of Persia, Super Metroid, Bomberman, Duck Hunt, Aladdin, Donkey Kong, Earthworm Jim, Speedball 2, Castlevania, Battletoads, Alone in the Dark, Day of the Tentacle, Willow...

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, All excellent games. I'm sure I missed a few hundred games.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I forgot some of the best ones..

Altered Beast:

"Rise from your grave!"

"Welcome to your doom!"

That game was EPIC. I used to get so psyched up seeing the blue wolves running towards me lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Other than the ones listed above.. Alex Kidd, Wonderboy, Super Mario Bros, Sonic, Outrun, Legend of Zelda, Paper Boy, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Commander Keen, Jill of the Jungle, Pitfall, Flashback, Gauntlet, Another World, Prince of Persia, Super Metroid, Bomberman, Duck Hunt, Aladdin, Donkey Kong, Earthworm Jim, Speedball 2, Castlevania, Battletoads, Alone in the Dark, Day of the Tentacle, Willow...

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head, All excellent games. I'm sure I missed a few hundred games.
The ones I highlighted I remember well.

I used to LOVE the Alex Kidd games. Miracle World and Shinobi World and Lost Stars.

Sonic was awesome. I wasted so many hours of my childhood on Sonic 1 (Master System) then when I got Sonic 2, I couldn't put the controller down lol. I used to compare it to Donkey Kong in the Sonic you would collect rings and in DK you used to collect bananas lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have a deep love for Metal Slug due to the pixel art involved in that game as well as the funny sound effects, cartoon-like animation and general comedy. I play it on Mame32 still and love playing with 99 credits just for fun. Man those weapons were epic though - shot gun and flame shot. And when you picked up too much food you turn fat and your weapon gets enhanced :tearsofjoy:

Reaction score
i was a megadrive kid, streets of rage, madden 92, road rage, desert strike, double dragon, sonic, street fighter 2, outrun, had them games and a shit ton of others

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My all-time fav..

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis..just epic..this should've been Indy 4...

IMG_0495.JPG

Monkey Island 1+2..were excellent also..

IMG_0496.JPG

You can still get the Indy on Steam..and the Monkeys..with updated graphics..on your iPhone or iPad.. Both from the legendary Lucas Arts..Great puzzles and humour..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Thats a bad version, megadrive is where its at.

I always loved the elevator stage. Grabbing enemies and simply tossing them over :tearsofjoy: That was the best. It was also the only stage I would never used the squad car backup lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh man how can I forget fighting games.

I LOVED Street Fighter 1 & 2 - Ken was always the guy I picked. And Mortal Kombat 2 - loved sub zero and also Kitana.

Goro used to make me rage hard lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
In terms of 3D fighting games:

I can still pick my 8-man dream team from that character selection screen:

1. Bryan Fury
  2. Anna Williams
  3. Nina Williams
  4. Eddy Goro
  5. Kuma/Panda
  6. Julia Chang
  7. True Ogre
  8. Gon
Yep, Gon. Seriously underrated character who can be absolutely lethal when used correctly.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always loved the elevator stage. Grabbing enemies and simply tossing them over :tearsofjoy: That was the best. It was also the only stage I would never used the squad car backup lol.
Did you play the other ones? Streets of rage 2 was my favourite, has awesome music as well.