Retro Gaming

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently there was a big Pokemon World Championship the other week at Sydney Olympic Park... wife was telling me it was a massive nerd fest LOL

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've played a few over the years. I think the first one i played was a pc game Bart vs The Space Mutants. Also there was The Simpsons Arcade arcade machine i'd play at the mall sometimes. Krusty's Fun House which i think was on the NES or Mega Drive? My favorite one though was definitely Simpsons Hit & Run. For a kids game i really rate it.
Yeah Bart vs the Space Mutants was the very first Simpsons game. It was on NES and all 3 Sega platforms at the time (SMS, MD and Game Gear).

The Simpsons Hit & Run got sued by Sega America for copying the gameplay of Crazy Taxi. Apparently it was an out of court settlement lol.

Virtual Bart on the Mega Drive was ok too, I only heard about that one after watch a review for it on YouTube.

This Aussie guy does good reviews:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy who was the world champ at donkey kong, he was in the that movie "King of Kong" recently got outed as a fraud. He was apparently playing it on MAME instead of the original hardware.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The guy who was the world champ at donkey kong, he was in the that movie "King of Kong" recently got outed as a fraud. He was apparently playing it on MAME instead of the original hardware.

I'm not sure what's worse.. the cheating... or the fact someone wasted all this time making a video to call out a cheat LOL

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@MatstaDogg @Mr Invisible @blueyedsamurai Any of you guys seen Pixels? Very funny movie that's practically made for 80s/90s kids like us:

Appearances by Pac Man and Donkey Kong play very big roles in the movies.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/pixels/assets/images/onesheet.jpg

I'm a little tempted to watch it. It got absolutely destroyed in the reviews. I also haven't liked any of Adam Sandler's movies since Little Nicky so it's hard to get up the effort to watch it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fantastic doco.. Ahh so they finally caught up with Billy Mitchell!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'm a little tempted to watch it. It got absolutely destroyed in the reviews. I also haven't liked any of Adam Sandler's movies since Little Nicky so it's hard to get up the effort to watch it.
Definitely not a 10/10 movie. This one is one of those movies that is so bad, it's good. It's like a cheese omelette with extra cheese.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I didn't think it was too bad to be honest. Plenty of 80s references and an overall fun movie.

Definitely no where near as bad as Jack and Jill and those Netflix comedies he makes now.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'll pass...I got my fix for that kinda thing with Wreck it Ralph.

Adam Sandler - Used to be funny, but very hit and miss these days.
Kevin James - Absolute dud in every movie he's been in.
Peter Dinklage - Annoys the shit out of me.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I'll pass...I got my fix for that kinda thing with Wreck it Ralph.

Adam Sandler - Used to be funny, but very hit and miss these days.
Kevin James - Absolute dud in every movie he's been in.
Peter Dinklage - Annoys the shit out of me.
Nah bro, you need to watch it because of the pac man creator. That man tries to reason with pac man himself. I died laughing in that scene LMAO.

...my sweet little boy.
Look how big you've grown!
I am so proud of you.
It's so sweet.
He's so sweet.
But all these destructive things
you're doing...
...it's wrong.
I am your father.
I know...
...you're a good boy.

*PAC MAN BITES HIS HAND OFF*

No!
Somebody kill that stupid bitch!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
speaking of game movies, that power glove kid from the wizard ending up being a pedophile.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Wahesh talking of retro/gaming & movies this reminds me of some kind of game they'd bring out back in the 80/90's.

Here is the full movie.

Also while i'm at it, this one is worth a look too.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That one looks pretty good. I think I'll watch it in full when I get home. It looks extra cheesy - just the way I like it :D
It only goes for like 30 odd minutes and it is definitely cheesy, it's nothing to take seriously which is why i liked. Plus as bad as it is to have Hitler as a character in it i could help but laugh at him because of how he acts and talks in it. U'll see what i mean when u watch it.

The Turbo Kid movie is pretty cool too u should watch it too sometime as well.

Also both movies has awesome soundtracks, very retro snyth style.

Wahesh

Reaction score
It only goes for like 30 odd minutes and it is definitely cheesy, it's nothing to take seriously which is why i liked. Plus as bad as it is to have Hitler as a character in it i could help but laugh at him because of how he acts and talks in it. U'll see what i mean when u watch it.

The Turbo Kid movie is pretty cool too u should watch it too sometime as well.

Also both movies has awesome soundtracks, very retro snyth style.
I can't wait to watch it bro (I'm at work now), hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight.

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh talking of retro/gaming & movies this reminds me of some kind of game they'd bring out back in the 80/90's.

Here is the full movie.

Also while i'm at it, this one is worth a look too.

Bro I watched it last night. How good is it? So bad, it's good. It had a real 80s feel to it. You could have actually passed that to be an 80s movie. Loved it :D

How hot was Barbarianna on that wolf? I know I'd want her on my side. Triceracop... cool lol.

They're making another one that's got Arny in it, but I'm not sure if it's a full length feature or just another short.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5765844/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Finally... some fan art for you man!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro I watched it last night. How good is it? So bad, it's good. It had a real 80s feel to it. You could have actually passed that to be an 80s movie. Loved it :D

How hot was Barbarianna on that wolf? I know I'd want her on my side. Triceracop... cool lol.

They're making another one that's got Arny in it, but I'm not sure if it's a full length feature or just another short.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5765844/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

Finally... some fan art for you man!

Glad you like it mate. Yeah it definitely is so bad it's good and the fact that they made it that cheesey and over the top on purpose is why i enjoyed it. Hitler doing his speach then doing some dodgy karate moves makes me laugh everytime.

Next time you got a chance watch Turbokid. It's not as overly cheesy or over the top as Kung Fury but it still has elements of both. I liked both movies for different reasons.