Retro Gaming

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I've just come home after living overseas for the last couple of years... How the hell am I gonna sell all this? By the way there's even more classic boxed consoles that are in those cardboard boxes too. I wanna get as good value as possible, but bloody hell selling this stuff individually is gonna be one pain the arse.

Unknown.jpg

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not selling my old consoles and games. All stored away priceless.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
@Wahesh I wish man! I'm moving to NZ in a few months and need the startup $$$. I've already seen just one of the mint Poke cards I have are $150 lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
@Wahesh I wish man! I'm moving to NZ in a few months and need the startup $$$. I've already seen just one of the mint Poke cards I have are $150 lol
Are they? Shit... I got a hole bunch of them up in my room somewhere. I might hold onto them for a few more years then 8-)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I had a lot of those cards when I was younger. Got lost somewhere along the way. Only found out the other week that some of the cards I had were worth over $2k a piece.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fuck me. How on Earth can such a thing be justified? It's just anime printed on a piece of cardboard.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck me. How on Earth can such a thing be justified? It's just anime printed on a piece of cardboard.
I think it's the strong nostalgia the kids of the 90s have towards them. Those kids now have money and want to spend it lol

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think it's the strong nostalgia the kids of the 90s have towards them. Those kids now have money and want to spend it lol
And the reason they spend their money on this stuff is why they can't afford their own home in 10 years time :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh man, who remembers the original "Call of Duty" game - going back to 2003 (I think) when it was first released? That was awesome. I particularly remember playing it online. You didn't need the DVD or anything, just connect to the internet and play. It was awesome. It was basically Death Matches, like an improved version of Counter Strike. I remember 2 teams used to start on opposite sides of the map in a WW2 setting and just take your positions, camping, throwing frags, waiting for some unlucky idiot to run into open space and get absolutely peppered with bullets :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And when your player gets killed, it'll show you a replay of last 5 or so seconds of the player who killed you leading up to your death. Then while you waited for the game to finish, you can either spawn as a ghost and travel freely throughout the map or follow someone still currently playing.

I also remember when you killed some, it used to say "You killed <player name here>" - and someone I killed once was called "your own mother" so the full quote said "You killed your own mother" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good times.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh man, who remembers the original "Call of Duty" game - going back to 2003 (I think) when it was first released? That was awesome. I particularly remember playing it online. You didn't need the DVD or anything, just connect to the internet and play. It was awesome. It was basically Death Matches, like an improved version of Counter Strike. I remember 2 teams used to start on opposite sides of the map in a WW2 setting and just take your positions, camping, throwing frags, waiting for some unlucky idiot to run into open space and get absolutely peppered with bullets :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

And when your player gets killed, it'll show you a replay of last 5 or so seconds of the player who killed you leading up to your death. Then while you waited for the game to finish, you can either spawn as a ghost and travel freely throughout the map or follow someone still currently playing.

I also remember when you killed some, it used to say "You killed <player name here>" - and someone I killed once was called "your own mother" so the full quote said "You killed your own mother" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Good times.
Great game. I still remember when I first played it and was under heavy enemy fire and I hid behind the body of a cow.

Original COD is one of the great gaming memories. That and the original Medal or Honor. The D-Day scene was so intense that I had to go for a smoke to calm down 'cause I felt like I was about to have a heart attack.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Great game. I still remember when I first played it and was under heavy enemy fire and I hid behind the body of a cow.

Original COD is one of the great gaming memories. That and the original Medal or Honor. The D-Day scene was so intense that I had to go for a smoke to calm down 'cause I felt like I was about to have a heart attack.
Oh yeah, the landing scene in Allied Assault - that was hard. Epic at the time, I remember.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the landing scene in Allied Assault - that was hard. Epic at the time, I remember.
That blew my mind the first time i played it. The first few Medal of Honor games were quite good for the time.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember in the original Call of Duty multiplayer, I saw some idiot camping in dead end in the Carentan map. I threw a frag in there, he came running out... and I was there waiting for him with my Thompson and absolutely pumped him with lead.

This is the stage I was talking about (not my video):

Wahesh

Reaction score
Anyone here played any of the old Simpsons games?

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How old we talking? I played Simpsons Wrestling on PS1 and of course Simpsons Road Rage and Hit & Run on PS2. All bloody good games too!

Wahesh

Reaction score
How old we talking? I played Simpsons Wrestling on PS1 and of course Simpsons Road Rage and Hit & Run on PS2. All bloody good games too!
Any. The Simpsons haven't really released anything major since the Simpsons Game back in 2007 so I suppose all games since then are considered retro lol. Well tapped out is an exception.

The Simpsons wrestling actually looks really good.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've played a few over the years. I think the first one i played was a pc game Bart vs The Space Mutants. Also there was The Simpsons Arcade arcade machine i'd play at the mall sometimes. Krusty's Fun House which i think was on the NES or Mega Drive? My favorite one though was definitely Simpsons Hit & Run. For a kids game i really rate it.