Official Cronulla release Valentine Holmes to pursue NFL dream

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha good luck brother. There are kids in high school that would put him on show.

Dream in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I can't see him succeeding in any position, MAYBE a kick returner, but will get demolished.

And a massive fkn lol at these nrlol duds thinking they can make the NFL. Nrlol is a backyard bogan backyard joke. NFL has to be one of the most professional sport in the world. Plus you need brains for NFL.

No fucking idea these dreaming *****.
In fairness, I couldn't see an NRL player coming over here at his age and being a success in the NRLol either. Not that they would want to take the pay cut. Pretty different skill sets. Besides, they couldn't cope without their coach/ Daddy calling time out every couple of minutes to hold their hand and talk them through each play.

Lol I just don't get why some of you have such a woody for that sport. Watching American football would have to be one of the most boring things to do on the planet. The only good thing the NRL has given the world is Colin Kaepernick! :D :P

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuuuuuck. Enough! Stop this "I like Madden so I'm going to try the NFL".
They only try to crack the NFL because they know they aren't good enough athletes to play NBA. That's where the real athletes in the US are at :P

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He was a third string running back/punt returner for a garbage franchise.

Half the games he played were in the pre-season aswell.

In terms of a NFL player he was shit.
Yeh but he still fukn got a contract and made some good runs.. give him some credit. Love him or hate him he done a lot fkn better then that nfl hack who played a game for the knights in 99 and got his arse handed to him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeh but he still fukn got a contract and made some good runs.. give him some credit. Love him or hate him he done a lot fkn better then that nfl hack who played a game for the knights in 99 and got his arse handed to him.
It was a great effort to go from NRL to NFL I agree but I’m talking about from purely a NFL player point of view he wasn’t very good.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was a great effort to go from NRL to NFL I agree but I’m talking about from purely a NFL player point of view he wasn’t very good.
The games have two vastly different skill sets....no NFL player who decided to give NRL a try at that age would succeed either. It would take a pretty exceptional athlete from the NFL to even get as far as Hayne did. I'm no fan of Hayne, but the idea NFL athletes are so much better is straight up horseshit....and the idea they have more sport smarts is even stupider. Most of them wouldn't know how to tie their own shoelaces without a coach to micromanage them and talk them through the process.

Standard NFL time out to explain art of shoelace tying... "Make two loops, wrap them around each other..." "Whoah.... slow down coach."

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Australian and Queensland Origin representative recently checked out a major NFL franchise during a visit to Nike’s head office in the United States.

He is under contract to the Sharks for next season and was expected to sign with the North Queensland Cowboys from 2020 onwards to be closer to his family.

This is why the move to the United States is such a shock.

The Daily Telegraph understands he wants to move immediately.

In 2016 he trialled in front of NFL agents with Cowboys forward Jason Taumalolo.

Sharks coach Shane Flanagan says he is unaware of any move.

Holmes only returned home to Sydney on Monday from his overseas break.

The fullback is expected to meet with Sharks chief executive Barry Russell on Wednesday to sort out his future.

The Cronulla star reportedly notched 4.6 seconds for the 40 yard dash, comparable to the likes of Houston Texans receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Tampa Bay star Mike Evans.

Holmes had been expected to link up with North Queensland in 2020. In 2017 he revealed were it not for Ben Barba’s drugs ban he may have headed to the NFL at the end of 2016.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/630f1ee3eab77133196387914a54a1dd
I can already hear Shane Flanagan sooking and blowing his nose with Klennex already!

Holmes has no chance of making it in the NFL, too small, too slow and his ego is definetely outweighing his brains here but it’s worth it just to see Flanagan fucken squirm and sook fucken lmao to that!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Whats wrong with him trying ?? I don't understand the hate. If he wants to do this then why should we bash him ? It's his life not yours. Also not sure if it is any Aussie thing but fuck me people here in Aus love to hate their own when they try something. Every other country seems to get behind their own except us.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of what anyone says..Hayne still played elite NFL with his only experience in the game playin Madden on the PS..and having a knock around with UTS..that’s a mighty achievement..even if the 49ers were shit..if he wasn’t so far up himself..and acted like a Prima Donna loving the spotlight..and went back to the practice squad..the colossal prick would have made a good fist of it..

Anyway as for Holmes..good luck to the bloke..if he wants to have a go..I ain’t gunna say you’re kidding yourself.. How many sports people have been told you are too small..you are shit..and turned it around.. I mean it’s not the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.. @ASSASSIN how many times you’ve been told you’re f*$ked..too many to count my man..but proved the nay sayers wrong.. So if a person wants to follow a dream..go for it..so what if he fails ..at least he had a go!

Look at my Tagline..

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats wrong with him trying ?? I don't understand the hate. If he wants to do this then why should we bash him ? It's his life not yours. Also not sure if it is any Aussie thing but fuck me people here in Aus love to hate their own when they try something. Every other country seems to get behind their own except us.
Totally with you on this, you dont get many chances in life and he is grabbing it with both hands. He's been to a number of trials and has impressed. Good luck to the bloke.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Totally with you on this, you dont get many chances in life and he is grabbing it with both hands. He's been to a number of trials and has impressed. Good luck to the bloke.
Good luck to him 100% good on the kid.

Suck shit to sharks and qld [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure how this works with Cronullas cap. Surely if they are holding his contract open, he will be included in their cap.

The Cronulla Sharks have granted Valentine Holmes an immediate release to allow him to chase a contract in the NFL.

The Sharks
released a statement on Tuesday saying Holmes – who represented Queensland and Australia in 2018 – had requested, and been given an immediate release from the final year of his contract.

Holmes asked Sharks fans to understand his decision to leave the NRL.

"I will be forever grateful to the Cronulla Sharks Football club and the Sharks fans for the past five years of support, it was a special moment we all shared winning the club's first ever NRL premiership," he said.
"I understand this decision may come as a shock to many but I personally believe it's the right time for me to challenge myself and pursue this NFL opportunity.
"Hopefully the fans can understand and support me as they have done throughout my career."

Cronulla have former international Josh Dugan and Matt Moylan on their roster who are capable of playing at fullback to replace Holmes.

If Holmes fails to land an NFL contract and returns to rugby league, he must play for the Sharks in 2019.

If his NFL dream fails to materialise, he will be an NRL free agent for the 2020 season and beyond as per his existing contract.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like the bloke and I wish he signed with us, but myself and other long time NFL supporters know he has slim to no chance to make it.

Hayne was a publicity stunt, it worked to sell jerseys, on the field he was a liability.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I like the bloke and I wish he signed with us, but myself and other long time NFL supporters know he has slim to no chance to make it.

Hayne was a publicity stunt, it worked to sell jerseys, on the field he was a liability.
Man I wish we signed him as well, if he fails hopefully he can come to us but he most likely will go to the Cowboys. I can see your point but is their any harm in old mate trying ? I have just started watching NFL and fuck me the game is so heavy based around tactics kinda hard to watch hahah but I am slowly enjoying it.