South Sydney players in alleged lewd video chat - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think one thing is being missed here and it's the most legitimate avenue to fining the club a hefty amount.

Souths claim they got the first email and all other emails went to the spam folder. Souths claimed that they replied to the first email insisting they'd investigate but given there was no further correspondence with the woman, this would point to them not giving it enough attention and ignoring it until it went away.

So the CLUB did the wrong thing, if we're talking about disrepute. Why isn't this aspect being investigated?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think one thing is being missed here and it's the most legitimate avenue to fining the club a hefty amount.

Souths claim they got the first email and all other emails went to the spam folder. Souths claimed that they replied to the first email insisting they'd investigate but given there was no further correspondence with the woman, this would point to them not giving it enough attention and ignoring it until it went away.

So the CLUB did the wrong thing, if we're talking about disrepute. Why isn't this aspect being investigated?
100%

We did not offend a single person with our mad Monday antics.

Yet, here we are, and despite what people may suggest of the woman - she did the right thing and addressed it immediately with the club.

If their fine is not in line or more than what we copped - Greenberg can honestly fuck off. He's become an embarrassment, and quickly making Dave Smith look like Steve Jobs.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And now the lady involved offers no further comments / can't be reached.
No doubt she's received her hush money and is enjoying her all expenses paid holiday.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It shouldn't matter, there are photos, they have her earlier emails.
Agreed, and as other posters have pointed out this whole episode, in particular the cover up which Souths have form for and the other domestic violence case, has brought the game into disrepute.
Action needs to be taken, however the NRL will continue to deflect and minimise until it's forgotten.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed, and as other posters have pointed out this whole episode, in particular the cover up which Souths have form for and the other domestic violence case, has brought the game into disrepute.
Action needs to be taken, however the NRL will continue to deflect and minimise until it's forgotten.
What were the previous cover ups?

I have some recollection of something involving souths players on a trip to America that got covered up?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

I have some recollection of something involving souths players on a trip to America that got covered up?
That's the one, from memmory it was John Sutton and Luke Burgess arrested for an alcohol related incident in Arizona during a preseason training camp in 2015.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That's the one, from memmory it was John Sutton and Luke Burgess arrested for an alcohol related incident in Arizona during a preseason training camp in 2015.
Jailed overnight I believe?

Don't get me wrong. I have no interest whatsoever in other clubs player's misdemeanours.

I only care about how there is one standard for the Dogs and other Clubs can get cover ups and protection.

This past 2 weeks media has been disgraceful.

And this witch hunt has severe ramifications for the Club.

Most of us are a pack of old coots who've followed the club for ages with long standing family ties. The traditional heartland has changed demographics to more so soccer than league.

Where is the fan base going to come from with this generation when the CB Bulldogs are so badly portrayed.

The past Admin, Directors and coach ran the playing group into the ground with no superstars for kids to follow. And the style of play was as boring as bat $hit.

That aspect on the mend thankfully but geez there are hurdles to over come going forward.

I guess under the circumstances, the lot we have in charge now have us in the best position to again thrive...inspite of the media.

A lot should have been learnt over the past few weeks by the Andersons etc. Our future is in their hands.

Hope I don't sound too tired and emotional :grinning: but I worry where this will all end up.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They also let a player played in 2014 gf after some domestic violence incident. Only to be revealed afterwards that he actually had entered a guilty plea. Something along that line.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
And now the lady involved offers no further comments / can't be reached.
No doubt she's received her hush money and is enjoying her all expenses paid holiday.
No.. it's been reported she has headed overseas to South Africa and is refusing to be interviewed by Souths over it (probably so they can make her a monetary offer and it go away).

That said (and no offence to anyone here), but I'm yet to meet an honest South African.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Seibold "everyone has only heard one side of the story"
And NRL have "hit a snag" and might not be able to conclude investigation until after the GF.
What the fuck investigation goes like this .
NRL - Sam is this your dick?
Sam - arhhh yeah
NRL- Guilty investigation over.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No.. it's been reported she has headed overseas to South Africa and is refusing to be interviewed by Souths over it (probably so they can make her a monetary offer and it go away).

That said (and no offence to anyone here), but I'm yet to meet an honest South African.
You forgot that she decided not to be interviewed by the Integrity Unit AFTER speaking with the Souths CEO.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dont think the point was missed mate. Been mentioned by a few people here these last couple of days. And not just the point about being incompetent in answering the complaint but also the point about the integrity unit had not been made aware of it till recently.

Dunno why this has not been raised by the media

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont think so. Have u seen cooks missus. I dont think hes dumb enough. There are quite a few in that side though that are certainly dumb enough.
Yeah she looked average to be honest. Maybe I just saw bad pics?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You forgot that she decided not to be interviewed by the Integrity Unit AFTER speaking with the Souths CEO.
She did ? I hadn't read that.

Maybe shes wanting the police to do their job and proceed with it, rather than getting paid off by Souths and the NRL to make the allegations disappear.

True Blue

old dog
Reaction score
Simple question...……..has the game been brought into disrepute (as indeed the Dogs were charged with). The answer is a clear Yes if you apply the same judging criteria. Regardless of the results of any 'whitewash'.....ummm sorry I meant review, the game has already suffered as a result of two things:

1. Someone at SS did something naughty, because Sam has admitted that it was on his facebook account...so therefore it happened consensual or not
2. The bloody Daily Telegraph published the report and photos (much the same as Dogs mad Monday

Result ….heavy fine for Rabbits and exclusion of the DT from all NRL press conferences etc

Will it happen????……..NOT A BLOODY CHANCE....we know who runs the game (or should I say who runs the game down)

The DT release the story and now want to make slammin Sammy out to be the hero

Get a grip guys

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else received the "word on the street via a screenshot" but..

Word is it was the Roosters who leaked this story to the media. Apparently the chick is a friend of Crichtons sisters, who leaked it to the Roosters who in turn put it through to the media.

Take it with a grain of salt, but this message is going around in a few circles.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Heard a very interesting story today about Sam 'pride of the league' Burgess. Unfortunately I can't repeat it but he is very lucky he did it to a very decent guy. Let's just say if this got out now Mr Greenberg and all the media puppets he's got wrapped round his finger would have egg on their face eating their words. Kent made me wanna jump through the telle on NRL360 today, couldn't have sucked bargass off more if he tried. Sickening
Can you elaborate a little??

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL @ same crime, not even close. Yes there are inconsistencies with the NRL's stance and yes the punishment we received was completely ridiculous. At the end of the day the club and certain individuals should have done better so that we never got into this situation to begin with.
Their offence is worse mate imo.
Ours was about being incompetent. Not organising/managing the event properly, not warning the players adequately to watch themselves for events like this etc.
Based on my assumption that complaints like the one that south received have to be reported to nrl, their offence has that added element of deliberately breaking the protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.