Bulldogs in crisis: Club great Steve Mortimer says he’ll quit if Des Hasler gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My sisters friends of friends, of friends, of friends knows a few of the bulldog board members and apparently what will most likely happen is Ivan sign with dogs.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck some people make me laugh.. they complain when players or explayers just give scripted P.C responses to the media, the one time someone speaks the truth and speaks from the heart, it's considered over board by some? Give me a fucking break

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is more exciting than our previous season ffs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
LOL yes what a true fuckwit he is and some morons think he's capable of sudden change ???????
Turveys comeback should have just been our completions for the year lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
lol you have just said everything that the media has written and not comitted to anything, too funny.
He's 100% right this time.

I've had to bite my tongue a little on this.. but enough is enough.

Turvey IMO has always been controversial when there has been destabilization at the club. Club legends dont always make good administrators. Media love him because he's a snitch go to man like Benny Elias, Brett Kenny, Ray Price, Johnny Raper, Max Krilich. Legends but sour grapes.
He's what Peter Peters is to Manly...

Yep, Mr I WAY out of touch on this issue.
Okay, I'll break silence on this one with a little more.

Read.
Digest.
Understand.

CEO on the green mile...She has a voice through Turvey and he is talking from his arse.She has thrown the board and des under the bus...
Ahh let the sheep believe what they want.

People are clearly too blind to realise that this whole "Hasler being sacked" via the media has obviously come from someone...

*points to the man in question*

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You telling our number 1 club legend to shut the fuck up. He has every right to speak his mind.
No I'm telling our "number 1 club legend" to shut the fuck up and stop dragging the clubs name through the dirt.

Where do you guys think the media is getting all this information from about Hasler on the rocks?
MORTIMER

AND DOES IT COME AS NO SUPRISE THAT
Suddenly he's in a few papers, shooting multiple comments off about Hasler going.

ADD TO THIS
Coorey himself states that nothing has been talked about Haslers position.

PUT 2 and 2 TOGETHER.. ITS OBVIOUS WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
This "number 1 club legend", is doing his best to use trial by media to give the rest of the board no other choice but to sack Hasler and keep his mate Castle free from the swinging axe.

WHY DO YOU THINK HE THREATENED TO WALK IF HASLER REMAINS?
It's not because of that, it's because they'll quickly find out he was shit talking to the media to try and have Hasler removed, and they'll remove him from his position on the board.

SIMPLE AS THAT!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, des used stats when defending himself to Mortimer.
What stat did he use to defend she Rex or floppa not playing on Sunday's or under 20s running dead last 3 years in a row???

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe for one second that Toovey would put castle over the best interest of the club
I won't cop that
He may be leaking certain shit but so did lamb and a few others feel exactly the same way.
Some players do not want a bar of him
I have spoken to 3 at their own house
I won't divulge who

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In summary:
- he's let Pritchard Barba Ennis Finucane Tapou Chisholm & others go. Look at them now
- when he was at Manly 1st grade competitive and lower grades crap
- when he came to Dogs the lower grades were competitive. Look at them now
- he has only attracted Sherex Liccha HopoffonSundays and BMoz. I rate Bmoz
- 3 times hes failed to attract his mate Foran to the club. Why?
- Matautia brothers signed then backflipped
- we predominantly sign forwards - why
- he rarely changes first 17 no matter how bad they play. Look at Trex. 4 years of mediocrity b4 he acted
- juniors leave because they know they won't get a crack
- finally dumb boring footy. Im sick of seeing Klemmer turn his back and run backwards into the opposition. Graham no longer runs to the line and passess, kicking game is crap, Reynolds runs sideways, Mbye doesnt get the ball, the Morris boys rarely touch the ball, hes bought reserve graders in Lee & Kennar blah blah blah etc etc etc.
- Pritchard wanted to stay, but club wouldn't give up the money and said no. Barba and Ennis were going anyway. Finucane it was either him or Jackson. Tapau has been average at best at Manly. Chisholm wanted to play first grade and was error prone.
- Hasler coming to the Dogs was also so he would be able to develop all grades (note the NYC/NSWRL training preseason, and often alongside NRL side).
- Holbrook left, Mullholland left, Cleal came in.
- club has attracted many names, but the club has sat on contracts too long or waited too long to approve making an offer and the players have gone elsewhere.
- Foran was almost ready to come over, until our board played sillybuggers with him, and our offer was too late.
- Mata'utias have gone to shit recently, and wanted too much money for untested players.
- How can one change a team when there is no depth (looks at Mr Cleal).
- Juniors are leaving because other clubs are tossing big coin at them. When you aren't prepared to give big coin, players leave. Simple!
- Dumb footy is a result of the club holding the purse strings and not ponying up big money for an established playmaker, but rather trying to make a playmaker out of "what we already have".

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anything it wouldn't suprise me if first / last discussion at the table Friday is accepting Moritmers resignation and showing him the door.

He's really put a blight on the clubs name speaking to the media like this... and the fact he's willing to walk away shows he cares little for the damage he is doing to the clubs reputation.

Hes's probably fucked off that the club won't sign his nephew Daniel Mortimer.

He can go... heck the sooner all these old heads piss off the better. They are just in their position for what they and their family can get out of it.

Dib - has a few relations playing at the club from memory.
Coorey - has a relation in lower grades, not to mention his (son?) who is a player manager for players at Bulldogs.

About the only bloke I don't think has a vested interest is Peponis.
Arthur Coorey is Bulldogs man through and through I couldnt question him, Mortimer, Peponis

However I agree that we shouldnt be airing our dirty laundry in public.. would have preferred comments remain inhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.