Bulldogs BACK TO BELMORE Game Day Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Not good, and sounds like Phillips might not be the answer.

We really ****ed up with Barba. We should of made sure we had SOMEONE. Locke/Hoffman whoever before we let him go.
Here we go, get over it ffs. He's gone. What would your option have been? Force a little wife beating grub to stay at the club where he was hated by the rest of the squad so he could put in 20% effort?
If that's not ****ing up I don't know what is

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like our young guns have plenty going for them.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who writes the match reports for the Dogs site, seriously?

They have named all the scorers for Souths but could only mention 4 Dogs players involved in the game, and same goes for the 20's game. They also repeatedly called Brendan Cox, Jordan lol.

Lindon McGrady looks to be a prospect from the sounds of it.

G

Grub

Thanks for the feedback, sounds like our young guns have plenty going for them.
Yeh we do bob, but des needs to play them, that's the issue.
it seems he is changing the game plan with Reynolds taking control, alba thurston and Cronk, if that is correct, then we can play a running half like mybe or templeton

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys. No surprise here in Tempo and Mbye, hopefully put a few doubters straight. Hopefully todays FB's were more of a discounting them than realistically playing them there this season. Sounds like they were completely shite. Glad to hear some good things about the forwards and the appearance/fitness of them. IMO either tempo or Mbye must have a bench spot this year, shame we can't fit both in the team.

G

Grub

Thanks for the updates guys. No surprise here in Tempo and Mbye, hopefully put a few doubters straight. Hopefully todays FB's were more of a discounting them than realistically playing them there this season. Sounds like they were completely shite. Glad to hear some good things about the forwards and the appearance/fitness of them. IMO either tempo or Mbye must have a bench spot this year, shame we can't fit both in the team.
At some stage this year I think we might

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I still think Mbye is the future hooker and Tempo could do a Lockyer and start at FB and go to 5/8 later!

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeh we do bob, but des needs to play them, that's the issue.
it seems he is changing the game plan with Reynolds taking control, alba thurston and Cronk, if that is correct, then we can play a running half like mybe or templeton
Sorry to correct you grub but you keep getting it wrong and its starting to get to me :grinning:
Its Templeman not Templeton sorry mate!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Here we go, get over it ffs. He's gone. What would your option have been? Force a little wife beating grub to stay at the club where he was hated by the rest of the squad so he could put in 20% effort?
If that's not ****ing up I don't know what is
Wake up mate, quiet simple. I would of agreed to release Barba, they release Hoffman.

Not bend over for some $ and be stuck in the EXACT problem we are in now.

I never said keep Barba, I would demand more for him then what we got. Daly M fullback for?

G

Grub

I still think Mbye is the future hooker and Tempo could do a Lockyer and start at FB and go to 5/8 later!
Mybe impressed at 5/8 today, he is def a bench player, just depends on how des plays his forward rotation.We have 2 props that can play 80 mins which helps, and Jackson and finnucane can also play 80 mins if required, so we have some options.We need a balanced side , lady year we were too forward orientated and we had no attack from 7 and 9

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Very dissapointing crowd.
I was surprised how small the crowd was. I rocked up at the end of the first game and it was sooo empty.

I think because we have been back to Belmore for three years now the novelty has worn off for some.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was surprised how small the crowd was. I rocked up at the end of the first game and it was sooo empty.

I think because we have been back to Belmore for three years now the novelty has worn off for some.
If we had won and the fans left excited and on a high they would return next year and bring friends and it would get bigger and better every year, I think whether it's a trial or not, back to belmore games should mean something and the team should play to win, jst my opinion,

G

Grub

If we had won and the fans left excited and on a high they would return next year and bring friends and it would get bigger and better every year, I think whether it's a trial or not, back to belmore games should mean something and the team should play to win, jst my opinion,
What do you expect, it is a trial for a start, most of the dogs fan have moved away from bel more, there is no parking, you have to get a train there which in itself I'd painful.
anz kills it

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I paid twenty to sit on the hill. **** paying for grandstand.

I will be at Redfern next year for sure.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It was a trial game and the #BackToBelmore novelty just isn't enticing enough to pay those ridiculous ticket prices to go and watch the game ... Perhaps the Bulldogs Management should take that into account instead of going for a quick cash grab at every opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.