Bulldogs BACK TO BELMORE Game Day Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
QUESTION: Did morris and lafai both play centre at the same time? If so, who was on what side? Also, how was the communication between the boys on field?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So we were only missing:
Reni Maitua
David Klemmer
Josh Reynolds.

and they were missing:
Greg Inglis
ALL Burgess brothers (still in UK)
John Sutton
Ben T'eo

Lets not bash around the bush here... had Souths fielded a full side, we'd have been blown off the park given we only held them to equal points at half time.

I realise it's our first game, and it's a trial, but we should have had Souths covered easily. I have a bad feeling we are a LONG way off this year, despite looking fitter.

I think the 9s will tell us a lot about how our season will shape up.

How did Corey Thompson and Kane Brennan look out there today?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More importantly ... How was the feel with no cheerleaders to perve at

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I believe they did, Morris on the left, Lafai on the right.

Communication seemed OK, can't say I heard or saw anything out of the ordinary. I thought our senior side treated it as a training run :( our juniors were much more enthusiastic and communication was defs heard.
Cheers man.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did jaline graham get a run guys.
shit go by dogs management 40 frikin dollars
are u kidding me... Back to belmore for the fans my arseeee

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So we were only missing:
Reni Maitua
David Klemmer
Josh Reynolds.

and they were missing:
Greg Inglis
John Sutton
Ben T'eo

Lets not bash around the bush here... had Souths fielded a full side, we'd have been blown off the park given we only held them to equal points at half time.

I realise it's our first game, and it's a trial, but we should have had Souths covered easily. I have a bad feeling we are a LONG way off this year, despite looking fitter.

The end result should never be the aim at a trial. As a coach, des would have set small goals for each individual and the team that they had to reach. This would show him how well each player can follow instructions and play to what the boss wants. I say this would have been des' major goal from the trial.

Look at manly over the years, they never impressed during the trials and they are the most successful team of the last decade.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
a lot of the main squad left after 20min and hit the showers, so its a bit difficult to say what could have happened. but i still fear about our outside backs. we havent got anyone thats very quick nor big enough to make an impact.

lafai at right centre isnt an option imo, so i dont know where he'll fit in.

that cox bloke was really impressive too.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
**** off Doggies management for this.
$40 dollars!!!
I can get a carton of heinekin for this.
This is not only for us diehard fans but to entice others away from the other bullshit codes.
Go back to yesteryear trials. Nothing to get in and maybe seeing the next big coming through.
Remember years ago at Lidcombe Oval, no admission price and saw what i thought and many others did the
next big two to make it.
Did they make it?.........Bloody oath T. Lamb and G.Jack.
Both signed for West Magpies and later went to be legends at their respective clubs.
Next year with this heat and $40 bucks admission prices I know where I will be.

DSC

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So we were only missing:
Reni Maitua
David Klemmer
Josh Reynolds.

and they were missing:
Greg Inglis
John Sutton
Ben T'eo

You have left out Issac Luke and Bryson Goodwin but it was still a trial and players don't committed 100% in these games. You are also forgetting that three of our tries were disallowed by referees. The real win was no injuries that's all I care about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
a lot of the main squad left after 20min and hit the showers, so its a bit difficult to say what could have happened. but i still fear about our outside backs. we havent got anyone thats very quick nor big enough to make an impact.

lafai at right centre isnt an option imo, so i dont know where he'll fit in.

that cox bloke was really impressive too.
Morris must move to the right and make way for lafai. It is best for the team. If morris questioned this id tell him to hop on his bike. If i was coach...

G

Grub

So we were only missing:
Reni Maitua
David Klemmer
Josh Reynolds.

and they were missing:
Greg Inglis
John Sutton
Ben T'eo

You,weren't even at the game, so what a outrageous comment !!
Tu,

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MATCH SUMMARY (the way I saw it)

RABBITOHS 28 BULLDOGS 20

1st half we fielded our more experienced guys. All the forwards were impressive, especially Kasiano, Pritchard and T-Rex. The left side (Hodko + Morris) and Mbye on the right seemed to work well. Both halves were very solid in their limited first half minutes. Defence needs working on with Mbye being caught out a few times. He'll learn from that.

2nd half our younger boys came on. And we may have unearthed a future star. Patty Templeman was very impressive for his first unofficial FG game. He played 5/8th, and didn't look out of place. He showed maturity with some nice kicks for repeat sets and his passing game is very solid. I rate him higher than Mbye as a player in the halves, I see Mbye as more of a hooker. Patty also has a nice step and running game, which he gets from playing fullback. He still made some errors and he could of done some things better, but he defs is someone to look out for. Hopefully he puts pressure on Hodko and Reynolds although Trent was good today and we know how good Reynolds can be. He'll fight it out for the utility spot I'd say with Mbye.

Tyrone Phillips reminds be of when Barba first came into grade. Showed some good signs and looked sharp, although made schoolboy errors in terms of catching bombs and passing. He still has a long way to go although Sam Perrett being safer, is still not what we're looking for as fans.

Any q's lemme know.

Have a nice day!
Awesome updates and match report bulldogs_fan.... For those of us that couldn't make it to Belmore, you kept us in the loop. Kudos

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
From what I can gather from our first trial this year the feedback is more positive than the trials after the 2012 season.
There was not much enthusiasm then as far as someone from the lower grades or new signings that would push for top grade spots.
This year, even after our first trial there is a sense of expectatiion from outside of last years established 1st grade we are going
to be up with the tops sides and even being top 'dog' for years to come.
I say exciting years to come. Des didnt extend his contract for money only.
He can see a bright future for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.