New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay furious at his team’s draw for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha cheers mate, thanks, im not offering the club advice, im just having my say on a forum like we all are, just talking opinions.
Nobody at the dogs is taking advice from a nuffy eels fan on a forum thats for sure.
Its like some of you guys have this siege mentality going where everybody is trying to destroy your club and forum, some lose sight of the footy talk, humour and banter and think everybody is out to get you when thats not true at all.
Im not here to destroy your forum of hurt your club.

My brothers a life long fan of the dogs and the dogs are my favourite games of the seaon, the dogs have actually had a part in my life as many of my good mates and brother are fans, the banters been great and we are two westies the dogs and eels, fought some great battles over the years.
Ok so you said Pay is a bad choice for our club, then who do you think our club should have appointed, or do you think we should have kept Hasler. For me Pay is the right choice, I like Jim and he would have been my choice if he had even hinted that Des was doing a bad job. perhaps he did tell Dib but we might never know that.
As far as some of us having a siege mentality, you were not at our fan forum last June I was, where Raelene Castles said that a news paper executive told her that if his paper printed adverse news about our club that edition would swell an extra 30K--40K extra copies, (more profit for that paper) but I suppose you don't believe it, also their are many other example where it is clear that many involved in Rugby League want us to lose every single game. Anyway if we ever meet I'll give you many more examples why some of us have developed a siege mentality.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok so you said Pay is a bad choice for our club, then who do you think our club should have appointed, or do you think we should have kept Hasler. For me Pay is the right choice, I like Jim and he would have been my choice if he had even hinted that Des was doing a bad job. perhaps he did tell Dib but we might never know that.
As far as some of us having a siege mentality, you were not at our fan forum last June I was, where Raelene Castles said that a news paper executive told her that if his paper printed adverse news about our club that edition would swell an extra 30K--40K extra copies, (more profit for that paper) but I suppose you don't believe it, also their are many other example where it is clear that many involved in Rugby League want us to lose every single game. Anyway if we ever meet I'll give you many more examples why some of us have developed a siege mentality.
Bro you think we dont have the same issues with the media at parra?
Bad stories is what sells papers not good ones, thats just the way it goes.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you have Hadley and at least a few others blowing the Parra trumpet in the media, I can't think of one media personality blowing our trumpet, so if we have one please tell us who he or she or an it is (now that the gender rules are going to change).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this proves that pay doesnt understand bulldogs culture

he has been at parramatta for too long where everyone is happy for them and does them favours so they can succeed, he is used to it

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
True, a bad story is a good story in the eyes of the media but don't think for a second that Parra are targeted like the Dogs are. Infact I can't think of a single club that is made an example of more by the NRL or media than us. If you guys were than you wouldn't have seen such a piss poor penalty for salary cap cheating.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it trolling if its exactly what i believe and have stated before you signed him?

So because it was against the grain im trolling? it wasnt even banter, it was stating my opinion, i dont remember the joke or banter aspect, perhaps you have dificulties in judgement.
What part of it gave you the impression it was a joke?

Was it trolling when i stated he was the wrong choice of coach for you guys and he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed before you signed him?

Is everything i say thats not positive classed as trolling? obviously.

How could i have said it so it wouldnt have been trolling, and what exactly is your definition of trolling?

Im the one saying it, not you, you can attempt to label what ever you like with your troll calls, ''everyone who isnt positive towards the dogs is a troll'' what nonsense.

With all due respect, man up bro, accept that others may have an opinion thats different to yours and quit being so fucking sensitive, this is a footy forum, people have different opinions, i cant believe all the nonsense calls of troll over here from some, we embrace fans of other teams over on the eels forum, we have some fun with them, most are good guys and add to the flavour.
We are not all out to get you.
Its clear im not malicious or attacking your members here, how about lighten up and let adults have a difference of opinion without resorting to 'troll' labelling.

cheers
Mate, I have no issues with people having differing opinions, and one of the most lenient mods on here so dont come at me with that BS.

You said yourself, and I quote "Dont mistake my whacky and dark sense of humour or sarcasm for trolling." You made out like it was a joke / sarcasm with your own words you fruitcake!

You were f#$king trolling, you know you were, and now your trying to worm your way out of it by playing the victim. "Man up" and own it.

Also, dont be a patronizing asshole either.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, I have no issues with people having differing opinions, and one of the most lenient mods on here so dont come at me with that BS.

You said yourself, and I quote "Dont mistake my whacky and dark sense of humour or sarcasm for trolling." You made out like it was a joke / sarcasm with your own words you fruitcake!

You were f#$king trolling, you know you were, and now your trying to worm your way out of it by playing the victim. "Man up" and own it.

Also, dont be a patronizing asshole either.
In reference to my quote youve got there, i was referring to my general style, like my message to all dogs fans blog and saying semi was a kava drinking bum and we are better off without him, thats stuffs just silly shits, giggles and banter, its clearly sarcasm, i didnt mean you to take that as i said it about my comments about pay, there was nothing dark or whacky or sarcastic about my comment here, i was stating my opinion and ive proved it wasnt trolling because i said the exact same thing on here numerous times BEFORE you signed him, you didnt call me out for trolling then when i used the same matter of fact tone.
But now youve bought him you claim im trolling when im stating the exact same opinion.
You are completely wrong here, ive just clearly proved it, carry on.
Just because you are a moderator doesnt make your observations right, far from it, youve clearly misjudged this one.
You are being the 'asshole' not me.

Ive just bumped my post in the Hasler sacked thread claiming Pay would be a poor choice imo and wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, no calls from you for trolling in there?
But now youve bought him, i say the same thing but claim hes already making excuses, and now youve decided im trolling LOL and demand i admit something i wasnt doing because its your perception i was trolling? You are wrong, its as simple as that.

''Playing victim'' and ''man up' and own it' over a perceived troll comment' lol, get a grip, i can assure you id have no problem admitting i was trolling if i was, its not a capital offence.

Lighten up mate, this is silly, have a chat to mr invisible about me, he gets were im coming from i think, we have good respectful banter, and so do many of the regulars around here.

And get used to hearing shit about your team you might not agree with and not having to resort to the teenage girl 'troll' call, its lame, not everybody is here to upset you.

If you dont want me here just tell me to leave and ill leave, simple as that.

cheers

Last edited:

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im actually not trolling, you wouldnt hear Brad Arthur complaining about those things straight after a draw comes out.

I dont think its a good look.

Cheers to Gareth for the defence, kind of him, theres a big difference between trolling and just some friendly banter with dogs fans, my brothers a dogs fan, we always joke with each other exactly like i do here, its just how dogs and eels fans are to each other, and all rival NRL fans, banter is in our culture.
I can handle the abusive posts, i realise im on another teams forum and that goes with the territory, water off a ducks back, im not complaining.
The regulars who know me a bit and treat me well and know im just a joker is more than i can ask for or expect.

Im not a troll, im never malicious and communicate with everybody around here with respect and gentle banter.

Dont mistake my whacky and dark sense of humour or sarcasm for trolling, if i was here to troll id be being malicious in some way or another, my history and manner here shows thats not the case.

cheers
Bloody parra fans lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Things to take from this article:

1. Pay sounds like a fighter. Won't bite his tongue when he feels it is relevant
  2. We have a tough draw. Whoopie-di-do. This article will be irrelevant come next year.
  3. Those saying "we got dudded again".... we actually got an easy draw in 2017, and still flopped.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if pay will get a 10k fine at some stage during the season :p any takers? Hahaha. He has been under Stuart for the best part of 10 years after all :p

What are the odds that he makes a refs complaint and fined:

First 6 weeks
7-18
19-seasons end
Will get through the season without any Infrigments

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In reference to my quote youve got there, i was referring to my general style, like my message to all dogs fans blog and saying semi was a kava drinking bum and we are better off without him, thats stuffs just silly shits, giggles and banter, its clearly sarcasm, i didnt mean you to take that as i said it about my comments about pay, there was nothing dark or whacky or sarcastic about my comment here, i was stating my opinion and ive proved it wasnt trolling because i said the exact same thing on here numerous times BEFORE you signed him, you didnt call me out for trolling then when i used the same matter of fact tone.
But now youve bought him you claim im trolling when im stating the exact same opinion.
You are completely wrong here, ive just clearly proved it, carry on.
Just because you are a moderator doesnt make your observations right, far from it, youve clearly misjudged this one.
You are being the 'asshole' not me.

Ive just bumped my post in the Hasler sacked thread claiming Pay would be a poor choice imo and wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed, no calls from you for trolling in there?
But now youve bought him, i say the same thing but claim hes already making excuses, and now youve decided im trolling LOL and demand i admit something i wasnt doing because its your perception i was trolling? You are wrong, its as simple as that.

''Playing victim'' and ''man up' and own it' over a perceived troll comment' lol, get a grip, i can assure you id have no problem admitting i was trolling if i was, its not a capital offence.

Lighten up mate, this is silly, have a chat to mr invisible about me, he gets were im coming from i think, we have good respectful banter, and so do many of the regulars around here.

And get used to hearing shit about your team you might not agree with and not having to resort to the teenage girl 'troll' call, its lame, not everybody is here to upset you.

If you dont want me here just tell me to leave and ill leave, simple as that.

cheers
*Sigh*

Yes... everyone is out to get me
Yes... everything said that's anti bulldog is trolling
Yes... cause I'm a mod all my observations are right

I said all those things.

/sarcasm

If you want to believe you "proved me wrong" as it helps you sleep better at night, then so be it.

No point arguing with stupid people, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
*Sigh*

Yes... everyone is out to get me
Yes... everything said that's anti bulldog is trolling
Yes... cause I'm a mod all my observations are right

I said all those things.

/sarcasm

If you want to believe you "proved me wrong" as it helps you sleep better at night, then so be it.

No point arguing with stupid people, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
I was the smartest in my woodwork class i'll have you know Nexus, what do you think of that?

Reactions: mez

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people again forgetting that the Roosters has the most 5 day turnarounds in 2017 ?
They had a tough draw but once again everyone expects the Chooks to again get the short stick.
Yes it’s not a bad draw, but a tough draw won’t stop u from making the 8 . Shit form will.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also not a great look Dean Pay having a bitch 5 minutes into his new role. Gives a bad impression to his players if he thinks they have a tough draw. The last thing the Dogs need after a horrendous couple of years is a coach who is already looking for excuses.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, a bad story is a good story in the eyes of the media but don't think for a second that Parra are targeted like the Dogs are. Infact I can't think of a single club that is made an example of more by the NRL or media than us. If you guys were than you wouldn't have seen such a piss poor penalty for salary cap cheating.
100% right. Even after we were stitched up with the 2014 grand final, the NRL still fined us for delaying the game. This was despite they were already way behind schedule with their fireworks and entertainment and were happy to waste additional time while Russell Crowe rang his stupid bell. If that is not a clear statement of how much we are hated, I don't know what is.

Dib has been bagged for a lot of things but full credit he has had the balls to go after the NRL and John Grant, having played a major part in him leaving.

mez

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also not a great look Dean Pay having a bitch 5 minutes into his new role. Gives a bad impression to his players if he thinks they have a tough draw. The last thing the Dogs need after a horrendous couple of years is a coach who is already looking for excuses.
Or could be showing some passion for the club rather just sitting there like stunned mullet (aka Des) and mumble along eh?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are people again forgetting that the Roosters has the most 5 day turnarounds in 2017 ?
They had a tough draw but once again everyone expects the Chooks to again get the short stick.
Yes it’s not a bad draw, but a tough draw won’t stop u from making the 8 . Shit form will.
So on that basis the Bulldogs should expect some difficulties for 2018 and in return expect all of the following for 2019:
0 five day turnarounds
A very easy draw playing the weaker sides twice
Keep all of our 2018 players we want
Upgrade current players onto improved contracts
Sign Ash Taylor at half back
Sign RTS at full back
Get favourable media treatment
No longer have referees like Sutton trying to sabotage us

..... I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So on that basis the Bulldogs should expect some difficulties for 2018 and in return expect all of the following for 2019:
0 five day turnarounds
A very easy draw playing the weaker sides twice
Keep all of our 2018 players we want
Upgrade current players onto improved contracts
Sign Ash Taylor at half back
Sign RTS at full back
Get favourable media treatment
No longer have referees like Sutton trying to sabotage us

..... I'd be pretty happy with that outcome.
Negativity is never a good thing, nor is sarcasm. A positive approach is the true essence of stability which lends itself to a healthy outcome.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if pay will get a 10k fine at some stage during the season :p any takers? Hahaha. He has been under Stuart for the best part of 10 years after all :p

What are the odds that he makes a refs complaint and fined:

First 6 weeks
7-18
19-seasons end
Will get through the season without any Infrigments
Under Stuart from 2013-17

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think your wrong, I think Pay is trying to instill the them and us mentality in the players, its the playing group who need the Bulldogs DNA, us true Bulldog fans already have it, I can assure that I for one will never lose it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.