New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay furious at his team’s draw for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lets not make excuses and blame the draw.

We are all playing the same teams.
Except there are good teams & bad teams & the top 8 from last year get to play the easier teams twice & the bottom 8 get to play the harder teams twice.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What I don't get is the seedings. Is that still around? Usually it was the top teams go into a pool with the other top teams who play each other twice. The blockbuster derbies (mostly Sydney teams) play each other twice. And the bottom 8 usually have less chance of facing the top 4.

Maybe they scrapped that system seeing we get 7 games against top 4 teams meaning we were (according to a hypothetical seeding) a top 4 team last year.

I can't say it's corruption just gross mismanagement and idiocity.

The fact of the matter is roosters always get Sunday games (is it a surprise seeing gallop, gingle etc had associations with the team in the past). Broncos always get Friday ch9 games (I could understand when there was 2 9 games on but now with 1 free to air game it makes no sense anymore).

Like other have said. Either make it a 30 round Comp to make it clear cut and fair or drop some teams and make its 26 or 24 rounds with a proper for and against comp.
They dropped the seedings years ago. They should have the first 15 rounds playing each team once, then based on the previous years first 15 rounds have seedings to make the draw fairer, but Todd wouldn't be able to get that into his thick skull plus the media who runs the game wouldn't get what they want.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck off the trials. Each teams plays each other (15 rounds) Have a week off for the test match, pacific nations cup. Then play the other 15 games. Have a Top 6 with a 3 week final series. Slot in origin whenever you want.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh so we are one of the unfortunate clubs who copped the maximum number of 5 day turnarounds? What a surprise!

Haha welcome back to the dogs Dean. We get the tough end of the stock a lot here, but good to see you speaking your mind and I'm sure you'll do well despite the little roadblocks the nrl likes to throw our way....haha.

Dirty*Deeds

Waterboy
Reaction score
14359082_1113336862079848_4606825150476106232_n.jpg NRL Pet Cocks ,Next level of game control.. Refs and bunker couldnt help them... NRL has to lend a hand.. nothing suss move along..

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fucking joke! Pathetic excuse for a league team the Roosters getting a free pass....wtf?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why am I already seeing the bulldog DNA coach fkn complaining about something we can't control nor change?
Come out and say fuck the nrl and the fucken draw, we bulldogs *****, we'll fuck you up in one day turn arounds. That's what a bulldog would say.
But seriously not happy seeing whinging already.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
30 games is way too many. The comp should be 2 divisions of 8 teams. You play every team in your division twice and every team in the other division once for a total of 22 games. The top 4 from each division make the finals. Origin on Sunday with no NRL games. You have international games not including Australia on the Friday and Saturday.

Division 1:

Canterbury
Parramatta
St.George
Cronulla
Penrith
Souths
Sydney Roosters
Wests Tigers

Division 2:

Melbourne
Brisbane
North Queensland
Gold Coast
New Zealand
Canberra
Newcastle
Manly

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How do the NRL fuck it up so easy... 16 teams in the comp (including yourself). So 15 other teams.

30 rounds, and you play each team twice. SIMPLE!

I like it but maybe the season drags on too much as it is. Maybe play all teams once start the finals and then bring on the rep games more internationals at the end of year.

Not friendlies,real tournaments with all players available and not hurting origin chances in future

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you calm the fk down? Serpent deserves a little more respect than just flaming him outright for being a Parra fan. He doesn't blanketly flame us for being Dogs fans so show him the same courtesy.
Is it that Parra fan forum is so smeared with shit that he can't post on it, I just thought this forum was for Bulldog fans.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well at least if we make the top 4 we'll know we earned it and wont be going into the finals with question marks.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it that Parra fan forum is so smeared with shit that he can't post on it, I just thought this forum was for Bulldog fans.
This site is for Bulldogs discussion, anyone can take part as long as they are civil. I am a member on the Manly and Parra forums, it isn't a massive deal.

hulk hogan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
New coach already making excuses lads, Pay already talking like a loser, its not a good sign or message to be sending to the team.

Pay is going to be a dead set disaster unfortunately.
Why dont you worry about your own team who have done nothing for decades kink chokers

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look on the Brightside Deano... Atleast we don't have to wait for games.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you calm the fk down? Serpent deserves a little more respect than just flaming him outright for being a Parra fan. He doesn't blanketly flame us for being Dogs fans so show him the same courtesy.
Dude in this instance he was clearly trolling, so what do you expect?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck off the trials. Each teams plays each other (15 rounds) Have a week off for the test match, pacific nations cup. Then play the other 15 games. Have a Top 6 with a 3 week final series. Slot in origin whenever you want.
Exactly. 3 trials and all that crap.

Stuff the world club challenge. Forget about the trials. Have the round 1 game Souths vs dragons (as the charity shield) maybe on a Wednesday (to launch the season).

Have a full home and away schedule. If they think they will have player burnout make the squads larger. I think I read somewhere smith played 37 games one year. At the end of the day even with 30 rounds most of the nrl won't get close to that.

Stop having byes. If you have origin reps bad luck you play without them. So if you have origin reps they'll only play 27 nrl games max if they aren't picked they can play 30 plus the finals (maximum 4 more games).

At the end of the day the cap will go up. The tv right will go up (seeing as there will be maybe 40 more Games from the 6 extra rounds). And you have a fair home and away season.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loving the "us against the world" mentality.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And for the international fixtures you can almost flick them. And international games aren't nrl. So if a player chooses to represent their country it's up to them. No more then a handful of rep games a year anyways (I wouldn't mind not having any to be honest as we know the results most times).

Status
Not open for further replies.