New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay furious at his team’s draw for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In actual fact, short-turnarounds only reduce by one game next season, going down from 25 to 24.
That may be but there is one less round this year..... To be a ' fair and equitable draw' the playing field must be a LEVEL with all teams sharing the burden of five day turnarounds. Looks like the Broncos once again favoured as they have only ONE five day turnaround.

Broncos won't know what to do this year as they have only five Friday night games. rest of their season reads Thursday 8 ( five of those away): Sat 6 and Sunday 5.
Of more concern to me is that two of those 5 day turnarounds are coupled with long flights that further reduce the ability to manage the teams recovery and fitness. At least they could have managed that aspect of things a lot better than this. I do think that the "journalist may have sensationalized Pays response. He might have been a bit critical but the responses as quoted in the article don't lead me to the conclusion that he is furious.
Once again not so much when these games occur but where...........

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dude in this instance he was clearly trolling, so what do you expect?
Im actually not trolling, you wouldnt hear Brad Arthur complaining about those things straight after a draw comes out.

I dont think its a good look.

Cheers to Gareth for the defence, kind of him, theres a big difference between trolling and just some friendly banter with dogs fans, my brothers a dogs fan, we always joke with each other exactly like i do here, its just how dogs and eels fans are to each other, and all rival NRL fans, banter is in our culture.
I can handle the abusive posts, i realise im on another teams forum and that goes with the territory, water off a ducks back, im not complaining.
The regulars who know me a bit and treat me well and know im just a joker is more than i can ask for or expect.

Im not a troll, im never malicious and communicate with everybody around here with respect and gentle banter.

Dont mistake my whacky and dark sense of humour or sarcasm for trolling, if i was here to troll id be being malicious in some way or another, my history and manner here shows thats not the case.

cheers

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I thought our draw wasnt too bad but didnt realise the number of 5 day turnarounds this year. Roosters none hey. Wow. Well we can rise to the challenge. Roosters will have less excuses next year when they choke, especially if they also have Cronk. Roosters will prove you can even choke with Cronk in the side. they are the masters of choke.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's just taking the chance to back his players. Us against everyone. Better than the dribble we've been seeing for the last couple of years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As far as it goes If the NRL wanted to make the draw fairer they could do it quite easily. If the NRL wanted to do things fairly they could potentially increase the number of games by a few and make most teams play each other twice. Maybe not 30 games, but 28 with a shorter finals series that rewarded only consistent teams might be better. They could spread out origin games with three byes for all teams at the same time. Scrapping thursday night games would be a big start. The only winner from thursday games is pay TV. If the thursday night games aren't part of the sponsorship deal the NRL should think of fans first. The majority of fans I've heard speak about it don't like the mid week games and It really is hard for many fans and most families to attend on a thursday. They could start by scrapping the rules regarding compulsory squads for the nines. If teams want to send half their NRL squad thats their choice, but it's probably harmed a few teams in the two years since it began by injuring crucial squad members for the sake of another money making venture when teams are still trying to build fitness towards the real footy season. The All stars game also annoys me for the same reason. Now that the big sponsorship deal is in place, let the standard of the competition be the drawcard rather than a series of gimmick games and competitions.

Im actually not trolling, you wouldnt hear Brad Arthur complaining about those things straight after a draw comes out.

Cheers to Gareth for the defence, kind of him, theres a big difference between trolling and just some friendly banter with dogs fans, my brothers a dogs fan, we always joke with each other exactly like i do here, its just how dogs and eels fans are to each other, and all rival NRL fans, banter is in our culture.
I can handle the abusive posts, i realise im on another teams forum and that goes with the territory, water off a ducks back, im not complaining.
The regulars who know me a bit and treat me well and know im just a joker is more than i can ask for or expect.

Im not a troll, im never malicious and communicate with everybody around here with respect and gentle banter.

Dont mistake my whacky and dark sense of humour or sarcasm for trolling, if i was here to troll id be being malicious in some way or another, my history and manner here shows thats not the case.

cheers
Most people could guess that you are a joker after the confidence in your thread about the Eels winning the comp and Radradra being no loss the other day :p

You'll have to forgive a lot of the posters here. They need someone to target since Hasler and Cleal are gone. You just happen to be a good target.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

cheers
Our club has just appointed a new coach after the Hasler disaster, and when someone comes along and starts printing negative stuff about our coach 4 months before a ball is kicked, proves to me that someone is trying to start a negative campaign against the coach and club, some fans are so stupid that they will gobble up anything and as a result the negative stuff about our coach gets out of control. I believe that fan power had a lot to do with Des been sacked which I agreed with.
YOU MIGHT FOOL OTHER DOGS FANS BUT YOU WILL NEVER FOOL ME.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our club has just appointed a new coach after the Hasler disaster, and when someone comes along and starts printing negative stuff about our coach 4 months before a ball is kicked, proves to me that someone is trying to start a negative campaign against the coach and club, some fans are so stupid that they will gobble up anything and as a result the negative stuff about our coach gets out of control. I believe that fan power had a lot to do with Des been sacked which I agreed with.
YOU MIGHT FOOL OTHER DOGS FANS BUT YOU WILL NEVER FOOL ME.
Mate dont be ridiculous lol ''trying to start a negative campaign against our coach and club'', i was saying negative stuff about Pay well before you signed him, i dont think hes the sharpest tool in the shed from his time at Parra and i dont think he'd have learned much under Ricky, i think hes a poor choice for you guys, time will tell..
I stated a few times here he wouldnt have been my choice well before he was picked.
The media will realise this soon enough for themselves in good time.
Yes of course fan power got rid of Dez, because Ray Dib knew he'd be out of a gig next elections if he kept him.
This type of talk from Dean only confirms hes worried and making excuses 4 months before a balls been kicked, not a smart move from Deano but as i said, hes never been known for being the smartest tool in the shed.
Good luck to him though, nice bloke, he might very well prove me wrong.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As far as it goes If the NRL wanted to make the draw fairer they could do it quite easily. If the NRL wanted to do things fairly they could potentially increase the number of games by a few and make most teams play each other twice. Maybe not 30 games, but 28 with a shorter finals series that rewarded only consistent teams might be better. They could spread out origin games with three byes for all teams at the same time. Scrapping thursday night games would be a big start. The only winner from thursday games is pay TV. If the thursday night games aren't part of the sponsorship deal the NRL should think of fans first. The majority of fans I've heard speak about it don't like the mid week games and It really is hard for many fans and most families to attend on a thursday. They could start by scrapping the rules regarding compulsory squads for the nines. If teams want to send half their NRL squad thats their choice, but it's probably harmed a few teams in the two years since it began by injuring crucial squad members for the sake of another money making venture when teams are still trying to build fitness towards the real footy season. The All stars game also annoys me for the same reason. Now that the big sponsorship deal is in place, let the standard of the competition be the drawcard rather than a series of gimmick games and competitions.

Most people could guess that you are a joker after the confidence in your thread about the Eels winning the comp and Radradra being no loss the other day :p

You'll have to forgive a lot of the posters here. They need someone to target since Hasler and Cleal are gone. You just happen to be a good target.
Cheers Al, appreciate it mate.

All good with the banter here, as i said i understand im on a rival forum, i expect a bit of abuse and sledging, no complaints here.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

cheers
What you did in that post was the stereotypical definition of trolling. It wasn’t banter or your “dark sense of humour.” Don’t take one thing and try to call it something else.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bottom line is that a draw should fair generally no teams should disadvantaged more than others. Deano is only protecting the welfare of the players and I personally think that club has that responsibility to their players. As opposed to making excuses.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The bottom line is that a draw should fair generally no teams should disadvantaged more than others. Deano is only protecting the welfare of the players and I personally think that club has that responsibility to their players. As opposed to making excuses.
That's exactly right, like I was saying, we can't have any excuses at all! This is going to be a beautiful season next year if we can get Foran to click into gear and everyone grows in confidence!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Soon the NRL will start handing out fines for criticising anything in the NRL. Kim Jun Greenberg

We all know the NRL draw is a running joke. Until each team plays each other twice home and away it will never be fair. The current system is useful for the NRL because they can balance out the competition. In 100 years of Rugby League they still can't figure out how to play each team twice home and away.
It used to be that both sides versed each other in home and away rounds but not since the number of teams were increased from 12... In 1967 when Cronulla and Penrith entered the competition 22 rounds were played meaning every one played each other twice..those were the days. No top 8 just the top four teams playing it out for the premiership...

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate dont be ridiculous lol ''trying to start a negative campaign against our coach and club'', i was saying negative stuff about Pay well before you signed him, i dont think hes the sharpest tool in the shed from his time at Parra and i dont think he'd have learned much under Ricky, i think hes a poor choice for you guys, time will tell..
I stated a few times here he wouldnt have been my choice well before he was picked.
The media will realise this soon enough for themselves in good time.
Yes of course fan power got rid of Dez, because Ray Dib knew he'd be out of a gig next elections if he kept him.
This type of talk from Dean only confirms hes worried and making excuses 4 months before a balls been kicked, not a smart move from Deano but as i said, hes never been known for being the smartest tool in the shed.
Good luck to him though, nice bloke, he might very well prove me wrong.
OK Mate my apologies for been a bit rough on you, you must agree that it looks a little strange that a Parra fan is offering our club good advice.
So are you sure that your'e not a closet Bulldog fan, if you are let me know and I'll buy you a slab of your favorite.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What you did in that post was the stereotypical definition of trolling. It wasn’t banter or your “dark sense of humour.” Don’t take one thing and try to call it something else.
How is it trolling if its exactly what i believe and have stated before you signed him?

So because it was against the grain im trolling? it wasnt even banter, it was stating my opinion, i dont remember the joke or banter aspect, perhaps you have dificulties in judgement.
What part of it gave you the impression it was a joke?

Was it trolling when i stated he was the wrong choice of coach for you guys and he wasnt the sharpest tool in the shed before you signed him?

Is everything i say thats not positive classed as trolling? obviously.

How could i have said it so it wouldnt have been trolling, and what exactly is your definition of trolling?

Im the one saying it, not you, you can attempt to label what ever you like with your troll calls, ''everyone who isnt positive towards the dogs is a troll'' what nonsense.

With all due respect, man up bro, accept that others may have an opinion thats different to yours and quit being so fucking sensitive, this is a footy forum, people have different opinions, i cant believe all the nonsense calls of troll over here from some, we embrace fans of other teams over on the eels forum, we have some fun with them, most are good guys and add to the flavour.
We are not all out to get you.
Its clear im not malicious or attacking your members here, how about lighten up and let adults have a difference of opinion without resorting to 'troll' labelling.

cheers

Last edited:

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OK Mate my apologies for been a bit rough on you, you must agree that it looks a little strange that a Parra fan is offering our club good advice.
So are you sure that your'e not a closet Bulldog fan, if you are let me know and I'll buy you a slab of your favorite.
Haha cheers mate, thanks, im not offering the club advice, im just having my say on a forum like we all are, just talking opinions.
Nobody at the dogs is taking advice from a nuffy eels fan on a forum thats for sure.
Its like some of you guys have this siege mentality going where everybody is trying to destroy your club and forum, some lose sight of the footy talk, humour and banter and think everybody is out to get you when thats not true at all.
Im not here to destroy your forum of hurt your club.

My brothers a life long fan of the dogs and the dogs are my favourite games of the seaon, the dogs have actually had a part in my life as many of my good mates and brother are fans, the banters been great and we are two westies the dogs and eels, fought some great battles over the years.

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha cheers mate, thanks, im not offering the club advice, im just having my say on a forum like we all all, just talking opinions.
Nobody at the dogs is taking advice from a nuffy eels fan on a forum thats for sure.
Its like some of you guys have this siege mentality going where everybody is trying to destroy your club and forum, some lose sight of the footy talk, humour and banter and think everybody is out to get you when thats not true at all.
Im not here to destroy your forum of hurt your club.

My brothers a life long fan of the dogs and the dogs are my favourite games of the seaon, the dogs have actually had a part in my life as many of my good mates and brother are fans, the banters been great and we are two westies the dogs and eels, fought some great battles over the years.
Plenty of shits n giggles here mate, after all we let you write stuff lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What is with the NRL scheduling our games at a bad crowed attending times, Do you think they are deliberately trying to down the Bulldogs crowds
Examples
2017 draw: 5 Thursday nights games and 4 or 5 Friday 6.00 o'clock games and few early Saturday afternoon games.
2018 draw: 5 Thursday nights games and 2 Friday 6.00 o'clock games and few early Saturday afternoon games topped with 3 short turnaround games.
Or they simply hate us ?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fk do we play Storm and Roosters to start the season which was just like this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.