Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought the draw was pretty favourable for us in a lot of ways, but I admit I didn't notice the turnaround thing.

IMO it shouldn't be that much of a big deal, a lot of players play better with less of a break anyway.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
New coach already making excuses lads, Pay already talking like a loser, its not a good sign or message to be sending to the team.

Pay is going to be a dead set disaster unfortunately.
Talking like your team is a genuine premiership threat hahahaah B.A should be sacked for giving his team and parra fans a false sense of security and making them think they will win a comp within the next 10 years. Your blokes supposed hot streak making you a supposed Premiership chance was laughable, you boys won your remaining 9/10 games but only two of those wins where against teams in the 8, the win against the Storm was when a majority of their regulars where out and you had a full squad and Brisbane are not the team they once where. All the other wins bottom half of the table mate ahahhah. Keep thinking times have changed at Parra mate.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Soon the NRL will start handing out fines for criticising anything in the NRL. Kim Jun Greenberg

We all know the NRL draw is a running joke. Until each team plays each other twice home and away it will never be fair. The current system is useful for the NRL because they can balance out the competition. In 100 years of Rugby League they still can't figure out how to play each team twice home and away.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, I agree at the end of the day it's a few 5 day turnarounds plus a few harder games and we just need to be a bit harder if we're going to be good enough to overcome this and give 2018 a shake.

My big issue with this is the 5 day turnaround is a big ticket item at the moment in terms of perceived draw fairness. Playing more top teams is a little harder to control and changes every year. However as a combination cof both there is significant bias going on in terms of who has and hasn't benefited from these 'advantages'.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
New coach already making excuses lads, Pay already talking like a loser, its not a good sign or message to be sending to the team.

Real men when faced with the enemy become more determined to fight back, under Dean Pay the true Bulldog character will shine and our DNA will be restored.
SO WHAT YOU CAN DO IS GO BACK TO THAT ARSEHOLE OF PLACE PARRAMATTAAND GET WELL AND TRULY F----U---K.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In comparison, the Roosters don’t play a rival top four team until round 11 against Brisbane and have the second least amount of games against top four opponents (four in total).

They also play the most games against the bottom four sides.
lol.
I see the NRL executive have received Uncle Nicks "gifts"

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Real men when faced with the enemy become more determined to fight back, under Dean Pay the true Bulldog character will shine and our DNA will be restored.
SO WHAT YOU CAN DO IS GO BACK TO THAT ARSEHOLE OF PLACE PARRAMATTAAND GET WELL AND TRULY F----U---K.
Can you calm the fk down? Serpent deserves a little more respect than just flaming him outright for being a Parra fan. He doesn't blanketly flame us for being Dogs fans so show him the same courtesy.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the titans, merge roosters, rabbits and parramatta :grinning::grinning::grinning:, bring in home and away competition! Simples!!!!

Call them...... South East Sydney eels!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/38c9a9d56c838cf4f4b287be77a0945d

NEW Canterbury coach Dean Pay has slammed the Rugby League Players Association for siding with the NRL over the issue of player welfare relating to five-day turnarounds.

Pay was far from happy that the Bulldogs were one of four clubs along with Wests Tigers, St George Illawarra and Melbourne hit with the equal most five-day turnarounds when the 2018 NRL draw was released.

While those four clubs have three five-day turnarounds, other clubs like Sydney Roosters, Newcastle and Gold Coast have none.

Parramatta, Brisbane, Manly, North Queensland, Cronulla and Penrith all have one, while South Sydney, New Zealand and Canberra have two.

RLPA boss Ian Prendergast issued a statement praising the NRL for what he claimed was a “fair and balanced draw” that included a further reduction in five-day turnarounds.

In actual fact, short-turnarounds only reduce by one game next season, going down from 25 to 24.

But citing an almost 50 per cent reduction between 2016 and 2018, Prendergast said the “balanced draw is a result of the ongoing collaborative approach that the NRL has taken in managing these issues.

“Five-day turnarounds have a significant impact on the overall health and safety of our members.”

Told of those comments, Pay responded: “Hip, hip, hooray.

“They (the RLPA) have obviously looked at it, haven’t gone into it, and said it is good for everyone.

“Like, seriously. You talk about looking after players. They talk about player welfare.

“It is what it is, we just have to deal with it.

“But we go from Townsville on a Saturday (in round six) to the Roosters in Sydney on Thursday (in round seven).

“And the Roosters don’t have any five-day turnarounds?

“There is nothing we can do about it but you would think it would come out a bit fairer than that.”

The Bulldogs also open the season with back-to-back games against Melbourne and the Roosters, who finished the regular season placed first and second.

All up, Canterbury has 13 games against top eight teams and play top-four sides seven times.

In comparison, the Roosters don’t play a rival top four team until round 11 against Brisbane and have the second least amount of games against top four opponents (four in total).

They also play the most games against the bottom four sides.

Parramatta also fared well with one five-day turnaround and only play top four rivals Storm, Roosters and Broncos once during the season, with six games against bottom four teams.

As difficult as it is to come up with a draw that is going to please every club, the 2018 edition certainly raises more questions about the fairness of the competition under the current draw format, where teams don’t play each other twice.

The Tigers were also hammered, copping probably the worst draw of any team.

On top of having the equal most five-day turnarounds, they start with an opening five rounds playing all top four teams from 2017 including premiers Melbourne twice.

They take on the Roosters first followed by Melbourne, Brisbane and Parramatta.

They then have to back up against the Storm in round five on a five-day turnaround for the match to be played in Auckland as part of a double header.

The Tigers then face Manly in round six followed by Newcastle in Tamworth and Parramatta again in round eight.

Not that chief executive Justin Pascoe was complaining.

“The draw is the draw, there will always be perceived winners and losers,” Pascoe said.

“We have little control over it as a club so what we can’t control we feel is pointless worrying too much about it.

“The fact we play a lot of this year’s top sides early we are excited about and will give us an early barometer on where we are as a football side.”
Welcome to the National Rorting League
Controlled by CRIMINALS
Refereed by CROOKS
Nothing will ever change
It's called The Greatest Rort of All :rage::rage::rage:
It never stopped me supporting the Bulldogs !!!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets not make excuses and blame the draw.

We are all playing the same teams.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And you would know, following the Eels is the opitome of disaster.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I don't get is the seedings. Is that still around? Usually it was the top teams go into a pool with the other top teams who play each other twice. The blockbuster derbies (mostly Sydney teams) play each other twice. And the bottom 8 usually have less chance of facing the top 4.

Maybe they scrapped that system seeing we get 7 games against top 4 teams meaning we were (according to a hypothetical seeding) a top 4 team last year.

I can't say it's corruption just gross mismanagement and idiocity.

The fact of the matter is roosters always get Sunday games (is it a surprise seeing gallop, gingle etc had associations with the team in the past). Broncos always get Friday ch9 games (I could understand when there was 2 9 games on but now with 1 free to air game it makes no sense anymore).

Like other have said. Either make it a 30 round Comp to make it clear cut and fair or drop some teams and make its 26 or 24 rounds with a proper for and against comp.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I like that we have a hard run to start our season it'll be good for the boys I reckon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lets not make excuses and blame the draw.

We are all playing the same teams.
We're not really and that's another massive problem. I don't understand how there isn't a real home and away draw in the NRL. We have a shitty salary cap because the NRL wants to keep the comp level yet they don't even have teams play each other the same amount of times haha.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We're not really and that's another massive problem. I don't understand how there isn't a real home and away draw in the NRL. We have a shitty salary cap because the NRL wants to keep the comp level yet they don't even have teams play each other the same amount of times haha.
It sounds like a lot of legal tape preventing it from happening and no one in NRL HQ willing to put their hands up. Stadium contracts, conflicting schedules with other sports etc etc.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Is there a wanker button to click on in this forum?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Of more concern to me is that two of those 5 day turnarounds are coupled with long flights that further reduce the ability to manage the teams recovery and fitness. At least they could have managed that aspect of things a lot better than this. I do think that the "journalist may have sensationalized Pays response. He might have been a bit critical but the responses as quoted in the article don't lead me to the conclusion that he is furious.

Playing top four sides early in the season is hopefully not too big of an issue. With the two Melbourne games being out of the way early on we may actually have a very small advantage in that they'll still be working at life after Cronk's departure. But having the Roosters on a five day turnaround coupled with a reasonably big trip back from Townsville will make it virtually a four day turnaround. All in all though if we're not willing to knickle down under the pressure of short weeks is that it will test our resolve. If we come through it well it should add some confidence to the squad.
Are you saying journalists sensationalise things? Why would they do that? To sell papers & get more clicks? Journalists are the people with the most integrity in this World!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Personally I like the start of the year playing Melbourne & the Roosters first 2 rounds.
We might get a jump on them before they click into gear.

Bitching about the draw is pointless & pathetic as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe it is us that will take a few rounds to click into gear with a new half in Foran & coach & no doubt a new game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.