Search results

1. tempo

The Temper Trap - Aus Tour

Agreed. I liked them when I first heard them but have forgotten them after hearing more tracks. No way they have the material to charge $59 and I can't believe a band so young is charging that much. I bet Evermore still don't cost that much and they have heaps of decent songs.
  2. tempo

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I've gotten into this show more and more lately and love it now. Very manic and crazy comedy with great characters. Danny Devito is in it too and it's some of his best work tbh. Any other fans?
  3. tempo

Splendour In The Grass 2010

I can't see us ever having a festival that compares to coachella dude. They usually get heaps of awesome bands but this splendour lineup isn't bad. Probably won't go though. Only into a handful of the bands. So glad I saw the Pixies last month when they were here and surprised they're coming...
  4. tempo

What Gibbs really said to Hannant

On the notion that what is said on the field should be left there, I don't believe so because just like other ways of sweeping issues under the rug, it negates responsibility and consequences and allows people to think it's ok to say certain things in some domains. The footy field is a part of...
  5. tempo

Jamal Idris Vs Willie Talau

^and he's already better than Talau. Willie wasn't that good tbh. Now Idris v Vagana, that's a comparison worth having. Vagana would have it over him because he had agility and more pace. Idris is a steamroller but not as potent as Nigel.
  6. tempo

Bulldogs Teams Announced Rd7

Baa "You don't know how big the corner is, it could be a roundabout" haha. Barba was playing second receiver in that training run hmm... talk of Roberts V Lockyer... could be smoke and mirrors. Start Barba and have him run circles around Lockyer.
  7. tempo

Canterbury’s SG Ball side off to the grand final qualifier

Ahh isn't winning finals producing? Or do you mean developing juniors into first graders? We've developed plenty in recent times. Something like 8 of the 2009 team were juniors. Hickey, nanai, Winitana, Utai, El Masri, Phelps?, Barba etc. Terrible luck (or lack of defence) for the HM boys btw...
  8. tempo

Your lineup for Bulldogs vs Broncos

Patten Turner Idris Morris Goodwin Barba Kimmorley Hannant Ennis Armit Ryan Gordon Stagg Browne Halatau Hodgson/Paea Roberts Warbo had to go. I've defended the bloke but he's been a passenger too much lately, while Halatau (if fit) offers heaps more. I'd play Green instead of Hodgo or Paea if...
  9. tempo

Farah or Ennis for Blues? Why the jury is still out...

Good point adamski. When the big challenges are put to the mEnnis, he rises, while Farah crumbles. Another reason mEnnis WILL be NSW number 9.
  10. tempo

Loser Farah a winner of Ennis For State of Origin - SMH

Ennis will be the NSW hooker, it doesn't even deserve discussion. Bellamy likes him and the selectors like his uncompromising style.
  11. tempo

Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Whatever your impairment Rod you have NFI. Barba scored our only try against the Dragons in fact, when nobosdy else looked likely. He did it on his own. Against the Roosters he scored 3 in half an hour or something like that with each displaying a different skill. Why didn't Roberts or Kimmorley...
  12. tempo

Kim Kardashian

TMZ reckons she did Greasy (as they called Ronaldo) because he's one of Paris's many ex's and Paris got with Bush after he and Kim broke up. It was a revenge ****, if indeed they did root. Hmm that sounds like I give a **** what these ppl do but I just find TMZ entertaining. I'm more...
  13. tempo

What Gibbs really said to Hannant

That's priceless haha. I agree about mormonism but think all religion is a joke, just some are more ridiculous than others. It's not right to insult someone over their faith though and the fact it was Gibbs, well that's the main issue for me. I can't stand the bloke and like I keep saying...
  14. tempo

Ben is right about being proactive rather than reactive and I just remembered, don't know if it was more than 5 mins after barba came on but he did almost setup or score a try himself with excellent support play. IMO reverse the roles and let Roberts sit on the bench as a utility that is used...
  15. tempo

Get a clue rod! You talk about risk putting barba on. I put it to you that it's a risk NOT putting him on. Every time he's come on he's made something happen through sheer brilliance and you are defending not using him. His minutes should be increasing not decreasing regardless of the style of...
  16. tempo

Ben Hannant at fulltime

Seeing Shrek steamroll that grub is one of my top 10 highlights of the last 20 years tbh. Gibbs still mouths off and is still a **** prop. We need a weapon to destroy him in our home game against them. I can only think of one and it's based on legend haha. Joel Rommmmmelo. Hickey can pull...
  17. tempo

Loser Farah a winner of Ennis For State of Origin - SMH

The Tigers are fast becoming darlings of the 2010 NRL yet they are still an average team. All the Lote love prior to the season and in the first few rounds and adoration for their attack. Their defence has always been an issue and last friday it was the best i've ever seen it but they had no...
  18. tempo

No apologies-Bryce gibbs aka scumbag

Clearly not and to make him even more of a farkwit he denies it and talks about what is manly and tough. he's nothing but a grub that has never been able to back up his words. I loved when he mouthed off in the media and got owned by Shrek several times.
  19. tempo

Ben Hannant at fulltime

I don't know what it was about but Hannant was very p'd off about something that was said and Fifita just got in the middle of it.
  20. tempo

I'm criticial of Moore's use of the bench tonight. With the Tigers forwards tiring and gaps appearing after 25 minutes, it was a perfect time to bring Barba on but Moore showed what we were used to with Folkes, in that he was afraid to change things because we were winning. We were only up by 12...
  21. tempo

Congratulations to the winners of the Fetch-a-Friend, 18th Member and Scan the Crowd

Lucky guy. You had to fetch 10 friends to go in the draw for the major prize iirc and he only fetched 12, so with his one entry he won, versus that bloke's aunt who would have gotten 10 entries.
  22. tempo

Tim Browne 2010 Discussion Thread

Browne's first run in the top grade was as good as a youngster could expect. He was impressive in the limited time he had. He was even better than Hickey tbh because he actually forced the defence back.
  23. tempo

Daniel Harrison 2010 Discussion Thread

Has anyone seen Harrison play this year? I'm guessing he still hasn't got the bulk to handle FG. Like others said Fensom is shorter and heavier and he's handled it well, being 1st or 2nd on the top tacklers list. Moore gave taupau a go so he should do the same for harro who has at least been...
  24. tempo

Bulldogs Round 5 Press Conference

I don't know why people are criticising Moore. He has described the performances accurately so far this season and is rightfully frustrated like the fans after another game was lost that should have been won. You can't expect a coach to hit the panic button after a few losses but the loss to the...
  25. tempo

Tigers Have There Own Problems.

Sheens could play Lawrence at 5/8th as he has in the past but I doubt he will because he's too good for them down the flank. I hope he does though as it will help us. I think they lose a fair bit with Moltzen out as he is quick off the mark and a dangerous ballrunner. It makes the defence a lot...
  26. tempo

For those of you that want Mateo...

Credit to habibsta for his opinion stated on tk a few weeks ago when everyone wanted Mateo, including myself. After reading habibsta's views I realised he was right and it was evident again tonight. See when Thompson got the ball and ran past Mateo like he was standing still? He's either unfit...
  27. tempo

What Is Wrong (Merged)

What a turncoat! He only tipped them to be in (and win?) the grand final this year on the first footy show.
  28. tempo

Canterbury side Vs Warriors

Yeah and some people are too stubborn to admit they were, and still are wrong.
  29. tempo

Canterbury side Vs Warriors

Green was too quiet last match, hence he was rightfully dropped. As little flair as Warburton has, he is very reliable especially in defence where we need him most. Moore is trying out players, hence he gives Browne a chance this week but people on here want wholesale changes, which is just...
  30. tempo

Hannant chases $150,000 pay rise

He signed a friggin contract, that's what's so bad about it. At least when SBW did it he had a case. While hannant is a great prop he doesn't score and set up several tries.
  31. tempo

Umm Moore stated in the press conference that Barba isn't far away from a start. hth
  32. tempo

What Is Wrong (Merged)

Btrain don't confuse effort with intensity/aggression/determination. IMO there has been effort in all games. Not for the full 80 in most but even tonight we made huge inroads up the field for a lot of the match but the lack of intensity in defence especially killed us. Just comparing the last...
  33. tempo

Jamal Idris 2010 Discussion Thread

One of the few highlights tonight was seeing Jamal drive Dave Taylor back one-on-one and palm him off and he fell to the ground. He also swatted Sutton off like a fly in a run near the end of the match where he plamed off 3 times. It seems someone's gotten in his ear telling him how strong and...
  34. tempo

Don't worry Fovos it's not far away. I just hope barba can fire straight away as he has been off the bench. That's the concern with a player that is used to coming on late in the game but at least starting he doesn't have a deficit to worry about. He's come on when we've been well behind in 2 of...
  35. tempo

What Is Wrong (Merged)

Spot on! I noticed it last year also. One game in particular I remember was versus Manly when they brought their typical aggression and speed game and we couldn't handle it. Every time we haven't controlled the ruck and the opposition forwards have dominated we have struggled. Basically it means...
  36. tempo

What Is Wrong (Merged)

If you honestly believe they don't care you're wrong. I don't think there has been a more passionate Bulldog than General. The smiling is because the situation is ridiculous. They had a shocking night with hands and probably laughing thinking that it couldn't get any worse and then it did.
  37. tempo

What Is Wrong (Merged)

I agree. No need to hit the panic button just yet. I'm hoping we win 3 from our next four though, just to stay in touch with the 8. The problem tonight was we weren't switched on which I was concerned about after a huge, easy win. Also Souths jumped us. The boys never would have expected such...
  38. tempo

Barba continues to perform and I reckon it will only be a week more of Roberts starting, then BB will get his chance. Forget all the reasons why we lost because Barba couldn't have overcome the poor defence etc. but he still shone and made things happen. He would have made it interesting if he...
  39. tempo

Hickey eager to lead the Bulldogs pack

Wouldn't you be proud of your team mates for putting on a legal hit that puts a bloke of hickey's size in hospital? That's the mentality the Bulldogs require to win a premiership. They fired up for about 20 mins in the second half but that's not good enough.
  40. tempo

Ben Hannant's rd 4 stat

I don't see how you can rely on stats when those are so different to the ones on FOX, which was 183m from 21 hitups and 46 tackles. Either way it's clear Hannant had a enormous game and he suffered a severe cut too. It's hard to be critical of the bloke when he's putting in like that.
  41. tempo

Hannant chases $150,000 pay rise

Well said. Even if his desire for more money is untrue, Hannant wants to get out after one season and I find it amusing that many are still supportive. I was too after his last 2 performances but I'm waning with more suspicion. It was rumoured quite some time before SBW left that he wanted...
  42. tempo

moeee

What's the cheapest and most reliable ISP Moe? I need to get rid of optus. I was considering TPG but if they're not reliable...
  43. tempo

Jersey Shore

It's a reality show where they selected a group of fake male and female italians, put them in a house on the jersey shore and watch as the dimwitted antics ensue. I watched it for a laugh but was mainly bored and disgusted.
  44. tempo

Lagi Setu to Roosters

According to Vossy's Around the Grounds, Wakefield would only release Tronc if they got a player in return. He mentioned Setu but I think he said he wasn't interested in going to the UK.
  45. tempo

Sharks Recruitment = lol

It's out of him and Brent Tate. Tonie Carroll would have been a worthy adversary if he was still playing. They're all in the Jay Leno fan club.
  46. tempo

Sharks Recruitment = lol

It's the sort of thing a rookie coach might do and has been shown over the years not to work. I think he must have lost confidence in himself because he was a good coach for a while there but unlike someone like Bellamy, he can't do anything with a few stars and a bunch of no names. @chris; re...
  47. tempo

Eels fume at Team MoiMoi

How ironic if we were to replace a bloke who lives with his wife and kids yet is homesick with a bloke that handles living in Sydney while his partner and children live in NZ. As wrong as it would feel to have Moi Moi in the blue and white I'd take him in a second. As if all you fans wouldn't...
  48. tempo

GC Titans : Salary cap scandal thread.

So it's a question of whether or not Searle was calling in debts or requesting loans and if you believe the emails, the answer is clear. Either way it doesn't look good for the Titans.
  49. tempo

The Matty Johns Show Thread 2010

Worst show in a long time. So ****ing boring! Webcke has the personality of a turd and when you look away there's another ad, which is actually better than watching the show.
  50. tempo

2010 Crowd Watch

Goes to show the Vics don't mind attending sporting events on good friday. I bet the AFL will change their stance next year after the good crowd today.
  51. tempo

what IS open tommorrow?

LMAO, and running every other business imaginable. Great work ethic tbh.
  52. tempo

Compliments - Who wants one ?

I could use a compliment and I'll give you one CK, for being the most common sense and articulate kenneler there is.
  53. tempo

The Kennel Photo Discussion Thread

Way to go Junior Kickass. Rock that hawk!
  54. tempo

The Mennis on NRL on FOX Tonight

For sure and i probably should be more tolerant but I'm a hard marker when it comes to being articulate. He probably kept on about it because he was so offended. I don't find people like Bobcat and moore to be defensive though.
  55. tempo

Say it once and get on with it. I don't like people being repetitive. Simple as that. And it's not major things that I'm talking about being defensive over. If it was I wouldn't have a problem. I wish they were like that when we had major issues, not the petty ones of late.
  56. tempo

Just to elaborate on what Ennis said about what was written, he was angered that the person didn't put their name to the article and accused him of joking about alcoholism which has been in his family and he doesn't take it lightly. He was fuming but it was annoying that he kept going on about...
  57. tempo

Just a heads up if you didn't know and don't normally watch, Mick Ennis will be on NRL on FOX tonight, 7:30 pm on one of the fox sports channels.
  58. tempo

GC Titans : Salary cap scandal thread.

Oooh the plot thickens. Polygraphs are admissable in some courts so that is pretty huge. I'd love to see Prince go down tbh. I've always disliked the smug ***.
  59. tempo

Sharks Recruitment = lol

It's partly recruitment but mainly poor coaching if Moore has gotten what he has out of Goodwin and Noddy, as well as using Green as a forward and already looking good. I don't know if Ricky ever did that. They have turned over too many players and have **** props. Douglas is alright i guess...
  60. tempo

Ayyy bru you **** up!

@Mr I: Wasn't his debut. @Blaq; should I bother saying since you found Slippery's version so funny? It was Gus and Sterlo actually, both just cracking up over it.
  61. tempo

Same here and if it aint broke, don't fix it. I'd hate to see what happened with Albert Kelly tonight. Ricky Stuart put him at fullback for the whole game and he had one of the most tragic performances I've ever seen. Time after time he got nowhere near bombs but they kept him there. How is...
  62. tempo

Barba looks a cut above as late appearance gives glimpse of potential

He scored a try through individual brilliance last week when we were under the pump versus the dragqueens.
  63. tempo

Male bonding amongst the players going too far...

They all shower together. Need I say more?
  64. tempo

Big News on channel 9 after break

Me too. Pretty sure he said the main issue was with his wife and kids missing their relos because there both from big families and they all live up there. think Ben said that it wasn't a problem for his personally but he was looking out for his family so they must all live down here. The club...
  65. tempo

Bulldogs v Rabbitohs Predictions

As good as the Souffs play at times, we have our heads screwed on now and I see us disposing of them with ease 38-16.
  66. tempo

MonDouche's Bulldogs Dungalo Report Edition 3 2010

It was quite a good mock actually, particularly the constant mentioning of Hickey's weight issues.
  67. tempo

Moore's spray turns mutts into the hounds of hell

I reckon Kev was being honest when he said we played alright last week because for long periods we dominated but just couldn't crack their line. You can't just base your view on the scoreline. I reckon Mick said something like, "The bathroom is that way Nate".
  68. tempo

The Egg-On-Face Thread.

Well said. I was concerned that they might come back because we let them score easy tries. Jamal let Anasta snatch that ball when it should be his job to take bombs if he's within range and Pearce busted the defence way too easily. The only reason we didn't let in more tries is because we kept...
  69. tempo

2010 Dogs Casualty Ward

^^I saw it coming a mile away. You only rush a player back if he's a star and you're desperate. Like if it's a final. What's the point of rushing back a solid player?
  70. tempo

Bulldogs v Roosters Post-Match Thread

Yep. Loved it. Brought back great memories of Finchy (or whoever that was) copping it.
  71. tempo

little bit of news

Way to keep a secret Mitch. If it is red boots dugan what does it mean for barba taking over for Patten at fb? Who cares i guess. It will mean we have even more strike. Dugan is a very impressive fb.
  72. tempo

RLW Article saying SBW camp will make annoucement on NRL Return

That's why I've shown him leniency and if he did what farenhyt said, I think most would accept him back in the kennel.
  73. tempo

The Egg-On-Face Thread.

I still want SBW back tbh. Imagine him inside Idris. We'd be unstoppabulldogs heehee
  74. tempo

The Egg-On-Face Thread.

**** me I never thought it would be that much! No word of a lie I made that pretend bet but I guess they all say that. I never gamble though and just create some fake ones for fun but I've been thinking lately of having a flutter. You're a champion for finding that for me CK :thumb:
  75. tempo

Blake Green 2010 Discussion Thread

I agree with all that mate but it again shows our coach's intelligence. He saw the same in Goodwin and look how he went last year. I thought Green was a smallish player that could obnly play halves and maybe hooker, but he's got some size about him. Much like Anasta imo and a handy buy.
  76. tempo

Bring Back Holdsworth

lmao mongoose
  77. tempo

Sarcasm right? Because 50-14 is plenty to get carried away with as well lol
  78. tempo

Random Bulldogs Pics

Broberts with the people's eyebrow... hmm banner?
  79. tempo

While i'm not getting carried away like I said, I'm encouraged because he's played a number of games where he's gotten progressively more involved and been more effective. Also re: the game being pretty much over. I think it was 30-14 or 34-14 at the time he came on and it's irrelevant anyway...
  80. tempo

Blake Green 2010 Discussion Thread

Green should be in the team as long as fit. We looked like a complete side today with good balance. The only question is, who to replace Hickey with. Hodgo or Paea?
  81. tempo

Name names. I was probably calling for his NRL debut too early around halfway through his first NYC season but he's shown that with more game time, he'll improve. Another preseason has also helped him. The funny thing is I'm still excited watching what he's doing but now it's in the NRL. I'm...
  82. tempo

man of the match

Moore commented on that in the press conference. Green is certainly looking like a good buy. I didn't know he was so versatile but Kevvie did, hence why we got him. I thought with him running the right edge, we were potent across the park. He stays there for mine.
  83. tempo

man of the match

Haha good call. He sure did gift us some tries and good possession. The thing about Josh Morris is he's deceptively strong. He showed it in his first try powering over (which he's done many times before) but he shrugged four defenders off to score his second. It's too hard to seperate most...
  84. tempo

Josh Morris manages to do it.
  85. tempo

This concerns me also. It's good to see him enjoy himself along with the other guys but his head seems to be growing the more he impacts on games.
  86. tempo

Video: Post Match Press Conference Rd3

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/28/2858250.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague - audio interviews with Pearce and B.Smith as well as our boys.
  87. tempo

Random Bulldogs Pics

What setup are you using Mr I and how do you get it into the stadium?
  88. tempo

I noticed throughout the match the friendly way in which carney and other Roosters played. Maybe that was their problem. Carney was smiling even after having a horrendous game and after one big hit he copped, he patted whoever on the butt. Mini did the same after Hickey smashed him.
  89. tempo

"Awful" part 3

You know you're travelling alright when you only kick 50% of your goals and make errors like kicking out on the full and kicking ingoal when you have numbers outside and still win by more than 40 :D
  90. tempo

Video: Post Match Press Conference Rd3

Bobcat would be loving that raucous laughter he got haha. Love hearing Moore discuss footy because he always says what I think in a clear and calm manner. He's got so much common sense and knows his footy. I can see another dynasty forming under him.
  91. tempo

Goodwin Taking The Kick to The 30m Line

I just commented about this in the post match thread. I loved the look on his face when he asked the trainer what he did wrong lol. After the first kick from touch on his non-preferred side went straight between the sticks, I thought, "This is too easy, we've replaced haz" but he missed the...
  92. tempo

Random Bulldogs Pics

I want that one of josh made into a poster. It's a classic. There goes the theory that they don't enjoy scoring tries.
  93. tempo

That's why we beat them by 46. If it was a better performance by the opponent we'd still have won but by 20 or less. Goodwin's kicking was a mixed bag. He kicked the most difficult ones from the left touchline but missed easier ones and i think Gus was right when he said that he placed the ball...
  94. tempo

Ayyy bru you **** up!

I felt sorry for the bloke but still laughed my arse off. Gus's comments made it funnier too.
  95. tempo

Official 2010 Jerseys

They might retain the camp quality logos on shorts. It would be a shame if they didn't. I'm not worried about the delay as I don't plan on purchasing one unless they accept one of my designs. haha
  96. tempo

NYC Score Updates v Roosters

Ahhh good to see their awesome defence is back.
  97. tempo

Official 2010 Jerseys

I'd choose Adidas or Canterbury but it will come down to how good the deal is. Here's some more exotic away jersey colour combos; Just thought that yellow jaycar logo could be replaced with camp quality pending the jaycar contract terms. I might do some completely different designs later...
  98. tempo

Folau won't be out for the season with a compound dislocated finger mate. They even said late in the match it was "suspected" compound. I imagine it would have hurt something awful but if it doesn't require surgery he shouldn't be out long. It was probably in the top 3 for attack because like...