Ben Barba, 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSL

Doggies FTW
Reaction score
so what we r all saying is...barba for kimmorley???
No we still need noody... he works hard in defense as well as attack.. But agree Barba needs more mins.. i think they should interchange him and stagg more offen.. so we have noody, barba, ennis and roberts all at the same time..

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
if we r gonna start him then i dont c how it can be at 7 he just doesnt talk enough....

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
im pretty sure he played 80 mins in 08 at fullback against penrith.
Probably right actually.

Anyway, that was when he first cracked into FG as an undeveloped kid. Way different story now.

R

rocky IV

i thought it was pritchard running over the top of him all night? anyway he played 80 mins at fullback

that was when everyone was calling him a coward and he should not even be in the team

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i think tonites problem was the forwards got overrun esp in the last 20mins of 1st half...and some of the tackling was shocking..

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD this whole keping Barba on the bench business is going to make me rip my ****ing hair out very, very soon!

It's pissing me the **** off with each loss.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
i thought it was pritchard running over the top of him all night? anyway he played 80 mins at fullback

that was when everyone was calling him a coward and he should not even be in the team
You are right. Pretty sure he played there againt the cows too. scored a pretty good try from memory

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Barba's drawcard at the moment is that he's undetected. If you start him in the side, he may lose a lot of his attacking potential because he's going to get lined up and marked decently.

R

rocky IV

hhaha king of fairweather

we need that cape back next week uleh

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Barba continues to perform and I reckon it will only be a week more of Roberts starting, then BB will get his chance.

Forget all the reasons why we lost because Barba couldn't have overcome the poor defence etc. but he still shone and made things happen. He would have made it interesting if he took that intercept. I loved his enthusiasm and determination, something lacking in a lot of others tonight. That ball he stole from Wesser and trying to do things when Ennis was happy to continue the standard plays. Barba still could have been more involved but his apprenticeship is going along nicely.

X

XxFoVoSxX

tbh, i don'tsee the harm in moore allowing barba to start for 1week.. try him outand see how he goes... drop roberts to the bench for 1 week and let barba have a go ffs..

no disrespect to roberts but i'd like to see barba play a full 80mins for 1 week and see how he goes, it all else fails put him on the bench and use him as impact again, it couldn't do much harm could it?

or does moore think the safer options are the better options? it's good to chance your arm around, surprise your opponents...

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Don't worry Fovos it's not far away. I just hope barba can fire straight away as he has been off the bench. That's the concern with a player that is used to coming on late in the game but at least starting he doesn't have a deficit to worry about. He's come on when we've been well behind in 2 of the matches and handled it well though which has been impressive.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roberts was very good for the first half of last year and his form was patchy after that. I was a huge supporter of his last year and while I'm not giving up on him, I also think NO player, not Noddy, not my man crush the General, not Stagg, not anyone, should be exempt from getting dropped to the bench or reserves if a lack of form is clearly evident. (Those are just examples, not saying they should be dropped)

With a few of our players a wake up call is needed. Barba has clearly shown he deserves to start. He's our only spark in attack at the moment which is a massive worry. Roberts, like many others, has been poor and it should be Barba's chance. But I fear that Tadpole won't be proactive and is against making changes such as these for some strange reason.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Umm Moore stated in the press conference that Barba isn't far away from a start. hth

X

XxFoVoSxX

Roberts was very good for the first half of last year and his form was patchy after that. I was a huge supporter of his last year and while I'm not giving up on him, I also think NO player, not Noddy, not my man crush the General, not Stagg, not anyone, should be exempt from getting dropped to the bench or reserves if a lack of form is clearly evident. (Those are just examples, not saying they should be dropped)

With a few of our players a wake up call is needed. Barba has clearly shown he deserves to start. He's our only spark in attack at the moment which is a massive worry. Roberts, like many others, has been poor and it should be Barba's chance. But I fear that Tadpole won't be proactive and is against making changes such as these for some strange reason.
bingo! the bold part is absolutely spot on, he needs to shake shiit up abit and HTFU! drop any ***** who isn't performing and give those who are performing a chance... for example.. if general is playing piss poor, relegate him to the bench and put barba for example at fullback, if turner isn't performing, relegate and give tia kilifi a chance and the list goes on...

won't happen, but wish it would tbh :(

drop those who are playing like duds ffs moore!

Status
Not open for further replies.