Status
Not open for further replies.

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
• Ben Barba last scorer ($26)
• Bulldogs 13+ ($4.25)

x $10 = $1,105.
**** me I never thought it would be that much! No word of a lie I made that pretend bet but I guess they all say that. I never gamble though and just create some fake ones for fun but I've been thinking lately of having a flutter.

You're a champion for finding that for me CK :thumb:

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
I'm lovin this. All the "we're f#@ked" after 2 games posts. Even better "bring back sonny bill ****** we need him badly" posts. Fair enough I eventually had a spit about Hannant, but after 2 games some of the posts needed the 60-14 to wake themselves up. Show a bit of faith f@#k yas, every team has a few crinkles. We will be a force to be reckond with this year.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooohhhh YEAH. Bring it baby.

I loved bobcats comment in the press conference regarding the stink in the 1st 3 minutes. "Ennis wouldn't have said anything to Myles.Would he?" ROFL
I still want SBW back tbh. Imagine him inside Idris. We'd be unstoppabulldogs heehee

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm going to get absolutely ripped for saying this and am not trying to be negative for the sake of it but in my honest opinion, I thought we weren't anywhere near as good as that scoreline suggests. I think the result had way more to do with the Roosters being woeful than us being brilliant.

I think that win, by that margin, was the worst thing that could have happened to us because I have grave fears it will gloss over a lot of issues which are still there with our team and were clearly evident against the Roosters.

Did we have a much improved attitude and intensity? Absolutely. That was great. Did we deserve to win? For sure. Could the Roosters have played any worse? Probably not. Could the Roosters have had more misfortune for about 4 of our tries? No.

Again, I'm thrilled we won but IMO our defence was still very poor today. Idris still is a huge problem out there, we still let anyone offload, still have no line speed and still don't slow down any play the balls.

Our attack, willingness to spread the ball and depth/decoy running was very good and a marked improvement on the first two weeks so that was a huge positive and a massive step in the right direction.

We can be a premiership winning team. But not until we fix these little areas in defence up. I would have much rather beaten the Roosters today 16-4 as long as we did those little things right. And the fact that we did none of those things right today scares me that despite thrashing the Roosters today, we haven't turned the corner as quickly as everyone might think. And, knowing how this team has a tendancy to take things for granted, I fear that next week we'll just go through the motions or flaws like I suggest won't be corrected.

I know I'm going to get ripped for this post. I know I'm going to be called negative, stubborn, hard to please etc. And I hope I'm dead wrong and will have egg on my face in a couple of weeks time. But after today this is the way I see where our team is at.

bulldogs2010

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to get absolutely ripped for saying this and am not trying to be negative for the sake of it but in my honest opinion, I thought we weren't anywhere near as good as that scoreline suggests. I think the result had way more to do with the Roosters being woeful than us being brilliant.

I think that win, by that margin, was the worst thing that could have happened to us because I have grave fears it will gloss over a lot of issues which are still there with our team and were clearly evident against the Roosters.

Did we have a much improved attitude and intensity? Absolutely. That was great. Did we deserve to win? For sure. Could the Roosters have played any worse? Probably not. Could the Roosters have had more misfortune for about 4 of our tries? No.

Again, I'm thrilled we won but IMO our defence was still very poor today. Idris still is a huge problem out there, we still let anyone offload, still have no line speed and still don't slow down any play the balls.

Our attack, willingness to spread the ball and depth/decoy running was very good and a marked improvement on the first two weeks so that was a huge positive and a massive step in the right direction.

We can be a premiership winning team. But not until we fix these little areas in defence up. I would have much rather beaten the Roosters today 16-4 as long as we did those little things right. And the fact that we did none of those things right today scares me that despite thrashing the Roosters today, we haven't turned the corner as quickly as everyone might think. And, knowing how this team has a tendancy to take things for granted, I fear that next week we'll just go through the motions or flaws like I suggest won't be corrected.

I know I'm going to get ripped for this post. I know I'm going to be called negative, stubborn, hard to please etc. And I hope I'm dead wrong and will have egg on my face in a couple of weeks time. But after today this is the way I see where our team is at.
I agree and disagree.

Idris was terrific today. I have to disagree with you. I thought his defence was good. He moved up and made a decision where as last week he just stayed back.

A few of the tries were lucky but we were nothing short of excellent.

Agree that our defence needs work especially when wrapping the ball. This was an issue last year also but much improved.

How about we take in the great performance and worry about everything else later?

Only negative out of the game I can see was Hickey. It's like I'm used to being disappointed by him. He moves so laturally and is so lazy it's pathetic.

Ahh trying to stay positive. My apologies. :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree and disagree.

Idris was terrific today. I have to disagree with you. I thought his defence was good. He moved up and made a decision where as last week he just stayed back.

A few of the tries were lucky but we were nothing short of excellent.

Agree that our defence needs work especially when wrapping the ball. This was an issue last year also but much improved.

How about we take in the great performance and worry about everything else later?

Only negative out of the game I can see was Hickey. It's like I'm used to being disappointed by him. He moves so laturally and is so lazy it's pathetic.

Ahh trying to stay positive. My apologies. :grinning:
Again mate, I'm not trying to be negative I'm really not. I'm over the moon we won. And for sure we can worry about the rest this next week. But for me we still have more to worry about than the scoreline suggests. I'll put it this way...

I had my mates engagement party today and couldn't watch the game so I recorded it. At the party they had the TV on all over the bar and I couldn't avoid the score. Then my mate told me the full time score. Obviously I was pumped and surprised at the thrashing we gave them. I was so excited to go home and watch the game but upon watching it expected to see a performance that was a bit more deserving of a 50 point win than the one I ended up watching.

But I'm hopeful next week against Souths we win by 48 again only this time we play a lot better. That's remaining positive isn't it? :D

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You raise a fair point, Ben. And it's justified.

Though, you have to give credit for the fact that we:

a) Made use of every opportunity the Roosters coughed up.
b) Played as a team for the first time this year
c) Played pretty much 80 minutes of football
d) Attacking game was superb
e) Attitude has returned

There is plenty of positive to come out considering the above. So long as we don't get ahead of ourselves by the scoreline as you said, and realise that the Roosters were woeful, then we should continue to win plenty more games. It's just about continuing to build upon what we brought into today's game, and not getting cocky about it as you said.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You raise a fair point, Ben. And it's justified.

Though, you have to give credit for the fact that we:

a) Made use of every opportunity the Roosters coughed up.
b) Played as a team for the first time this year
c) Played pretty much 80 minutes of football
d) Attacking game was superb
e) Attitude has returned

There is plenty of positive to come out considering the above. So long as we don't get ahead of ourselves by the scoreline as you said, and realise that the Roosters were woeful, then we should continue to win plenty more games. It's just about continuing to build upon what we brought into today's game, and not getting cocky about it as you said.
Well said Rami and I definitely agree with all of the areas you pointed out. The attitude (which lead to better effort, enthusiasm and intensity) was the most important thing for me.

What was most pleasing was seeing the smiles on everyones faces and seeing them all run in to celebrate every try. More importantly, we had something to smile about! Hopefully having that luck today and catching the Roosters when we did can jumpstart our season.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said Rami and I definitely agree with all of the areas you pointed out. The attitude (which lead to better effort, enthusiasm and intensity) was the most important thing for me.

What was most pleasing was seeing the smiles on everyones faces and seeing them all run in to celebrate every try. More importantly, we had something to smile about! Hopefully having that luck today and catching the Roosters when we did can jumpstart our season.
I still can't stop smiling. Have not been this bubbly for weeks lol

X

XxFoVoSxX

why were you at the game if you thought that?

you idiots
i dont know, imo you should only go if you suspect that we can win

unless you have a season ticket i guess
gtfo of here idiot, if you believe everything we say then you should uppercut yourself..

alex along with myself and others(including hani) say dumb shiit at the game.. doesn't mean we dont support the team.. i was calling for the dogs to get sacked for not nailing 70.. does that mean i'm a shiit supporter? or don't respect my team?
please.. where were you at the game? or are you tarik in disguise?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
gtfo of here idiot, if you believe everything we say then you should uppercut yourself..

alex along with myself and others(including hani) say dumb shiit at the game.. doesn't mean we dont support the team.. i was calling for the dogs to get sacked for not nailing 70.. does that mean i'm a shiit supporter? or don't respect my team?
please.. where were you at the game? or are you tarik in disguise?
oh you were joking? ok carry on then

X

XxFoVoSxX

oh you were joking? ok carry on then
if you were referring to my thread, no i wasn't joking about that.. i was being quite serious..

about the other **** i say... yes i was joking.. dogs getting smashed by 30.. clear joke... where don't you sense the sarcasm in all that being said?

new bald prediction.. might even put money on it.. dogs to get smashed 20+ by the rabbits...

see how that pans out.. i may aswell get slammed for it now even though i'm clearly taking the piss...

run along now roddy.. sit behind your tv and jump onto your comp writing about how you fear the cops and have no friends...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if you were referring to my thread, no i wasn't joking about that.. i was being quite serious..

about the other **** i say... yes i was joking.. dogs getting smashed by 30.. clear joke... where don't you sense the sarcasm in all that being said?

new bald prediction.. might even put money on it.. dogs to get smashed 20+ by the rabbits...

see how that pans out.. i may aswell get slammed for it now even though i'm clearly taking the piss...

run along now roddy.. sit behind your tv and jump onto your comp writing about how you fear the cops and have no friends...
its ironic that you attack my ability to detect sarcasm, because that is exactly your problem here

ok it wasnt clear, but i was being sarcastic in my posts also

X

XxFoVoSxX

proving a point big man, i'm not like half these donkeys here who take back what they said.. i stick by what i said about those who i have critisized... so far most except 1 has proven me wrong and i'm man enough to admit it, doesn't mean i don't like my team and it is sad of you to even question anyones love for this team...

if you're going to slam people, slam those who actually have nfi about the game and team in general.. not those who go to almost every game of the season through the good times andthe bad...

correct me if i'm wrong but you aren't exactly too shabby yourself.. hows about you get up off that chair and come to a game ;)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
proving a point big man, i'm not like half these donkeys here who take back what they said.. i stick by what i said about those who i have critisized... so far most except 1 has proven me wrong and i'm man enough to admit it, doesn't mean i don't like my team and it is sad of you to even question anyones love for this team...

if you're going to slam people, slam those who actually have nfi about the game and team in general.. not those who go to almost every game of the season through the good times andthe bad...

correct me if i'm wrong but you aren't exactly too shabby yourself.. hows about you get up off that chair and come to a game ;)
well im fat and ugly so i dont like people seeing me, i definetely dont like 20,000 people seeing me

but im working on this jenny craig for men thing, so we'll see later in the year what can happen

but wait i didnt explain it properly, i was being sarcastic about the posts in this thread when i asked why did you go to the game if you thought we were going to lose

whenever i call someone an idiot on the kennel, i do it as im saying something stupid myself for comedic effect (i certainly dont think you or alex are idiots even if you thought we were going to lose) it does lead to confusion if im not being clear

btw in the other thread i understand your comments, but i dont like the timing of it

it felt like a knee jerk reaction thread after 2 losses

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I was one of the ones that thought we would get creamed and I stand by my decision based on how we played the previous two weeks.

However I am very glad I was wrong and the boys came out on top. Lets hope they keep this run up.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i don't think this thread is for people who had doubts of a win against the roosters, but those who were 'certain' of being smashed and for others who were calling for alot of sackings of a team who was only taken out of the 2009 grand final run because of injuries and a team who swamped the dally m's

no, the start to the season wasn't good, but you don't drop your bundle after 2 weeks. especially a team who proved last year what they can do. turn up with the right attitude, get back to the gameplan which made us successful more than any other team last year and just as importantly, hold onto the ****ing ball lol, but just basic fundamentals, not massive changes

it wasn't a slick performance, it wasn't anywhere near perfect, but it gave us a boost of confidence and was a stepping stone, a big big step in the right direction. we don't get over excited about this win, we can be happy about it, but we stay aware of the job at hand and we build from this

time will tell if the squad can do as much. the odd loss will come along the way, but we don't drop the bundle, because we know what this team can do. there are still a few question marks over a few things though and hopefully once hodgson and paea are back, we can cover more of our flaws

keep the faith

Status
Not open for further replies.