Hickey eager to lead the Bulldogs pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Seriously? FMD that can't be good if true.
my old man was watching the game and sideline reporter said the medical staff said he has a punchered lung and was being taken to hospital

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
hmmm he has a punchered lung thats why he has bleeding and man his size isnt supposed to be picked up and dumped like that
punctured lung usually leads to a rib injury so it looks like he might be out for a while

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
punctured lung usually leads to a rib injury so it looks like he might be out for a while
True that... in order to puncture ones lung, something in the ribcage normally has to go snap first.

FWIW if it's punctured he could be back in as little as 1-2weeks, as you can't really do much to repair the puncture but let it heal itself (unless it's a huge tear, but then he wouldn't have walked off the field). Biggest problem is the collateral damage. If he's snapped/broken/cracked ribs he could be months out, if not season (depends highly on the damage).

Perhaps the biggest problem though is the mental issue this could create. Big bloke ends up like that from a smaller bloke. Just as Hickey is starting to hit hard and put his body on the line he suffers an injury. I'd like to think he'd shrug it off, but chances are he'll be hesitant to go for big hits in future (hope I'm wrong there).

tempo

Pritteee Good
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be proud of your team mates for putting on a legal hit that puts a bloke of hickey's size in hospital? That's the mentality the Bulldogs require to win a premiership. They fired up for about 20 mins in the second half but that's not good enough.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Terrible terrible player who average poor minutes and metres

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt call it a legal hit, there was a penalty for what ended up taking him out of the game, we sure missed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.