Search results

1. oldpuppy

News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

I've never seen a good worker at my workplace sue for disciplinary reasons. I've seen shit house workers suing using multiple decks of victim cards.
  2. oldpuppy

Opinion Bailey Hayward

Bailey is making good of his opportunity in first grade. He might get squeezed out with Preston and Mann coming back but when called upon again, it's good to know what we'll get from him.
  3. oldpuppy

Opinion Video ref forward pass adjudication

A forward pass is always an infringement. And the bunker found this before the play of the challenge dispute. I never understand the ruling is different when a try can't be called back In similar circumstances.
  4. oldpuppy

Team after the bye

Could be one of his knees is out for the season and the other knee should be ok for round 12. I'm just having a wild guess.
  5. oldpuppy

James Fisher Harris signs with Warriors

We have bought and overpaid she rex. napa, Thompson, Woods and overfilled our trophy cabinets. We need to back off a little to comprehend our success with big $$ forwards.
  6. oldpuppy

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

The auto correct person failed in English but somehow he was still given the job. :)
  7. oldpuppy

Official Bronson xerri to make club debut

lol . I like it!
  8. oldpuppy

Perception By Other Fans

We win 2 games in a row and we make the hate list again :)
  9. oldpuppy

Perception By Other Fans

His hands where Will Hopoate silky. And he's lightning on his feet. Been ages since we've had a centre beat his man with a swerve and speed in the one motion.
  10. oldpuppy

Perception By Other Fans

The perception I feel from other fans is we are an improving team and I don't feel the hate is there like it was a few years ago. The hatred now only seems to be isolated by some bitter journalists.
  11. oldpuppy

Bondi stabbing

Advice taken. Thank you.
  12. oldpuppy

Bondi stabbing

I wasn't implying that the mentally ill event that took place was foreseeable. That's impossible. I just took a moment to discuss in general an opportunity that some security reforms are needed at shopping centres. There isn't a venue or event these days with that lack of security . I can...
  13. oldpuppy

Bondi stabbing

I would be interested to know if you find out. it's concerning to us as my step daughter works at a retailer there as well after school. The shoppers don't pose a threat. Unfortunately at most centres there's a core of unemployed Karens that harass the vulnerable.
  14. oldpuppy

Ciraldo’s selection headache after storm thriller

Most bunny supporters I know thought Taafe was the right replacement for Adam Reynolds but for some strange reason, Demetriou went for the likes of Ilias. I'm beginning to like Taafe. Seems to have that composed creativity and has good tenacity for a little bloke. Defensively, i think he can...
  15. oldpuppy

The right edge is screaming for opportunities and the right choice no.7 can give them that. We are very close to being potent on both sides.
  16. oldpuppy

Bondi stabbing

The government needs to put pressure on shopping centres to increase security and police presence. My partner as a cleaner at one major centre fears for her safety on the job. Too many aggressive fools lurk all day without any reason to be there.
  17. oldpuppy

Cameron Ciraldo

I also can see Taafe, Xerri and Curran on that list of being better at the bulldogs.
  18. oldpuppy

The backline last week was as strong as we've had in ages and CC surely needs to stick with it. He needs to find a spot for Taaffe in the 17 and now might be a chance to give up on the Hutchinson experiment as our 7.
  19. oldpuppy

Opinion Goal Kicking the difference!

His left side goalkicking needs more tweaking for sure. Overall he strikes them well compared to 2022.. I would prefer his tactical kicking be more on focus. all good teams have a good back 3 and he has to learn the awareness to find the ground and seperate them.
  20. oldpuppy

News Gould drops cryptic clue over star forward’s future

is the dog wearing a toupee?
  21. oldpuppy

3,2,1 Vs ourselves

3 Kikau 2 Burton 1 Mann was good to see Patolo and Hughes doing a steady job off the bench in the first half. Salmon was out of his depth in the water. :p
  22. oldpuppy

A wins a win

haha and the tranny was the ugliest gentleman ever seen.
  23. oldpuppy

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

I'm happy to accept we are paying good money for an elite centre. He serves our team's needs better there
  24. oldpuppy

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Post Game Round 5 | Bulldogs 30 - 26 Roosters

We have to learn how to defend better against 1 or 2 less players.
  25. oldpuppy

OFFICIAL | GAME DAY Round 5 | Bulldogs vs Roosters

time to bring the 2004 team on
  26. oldpuppy

Rumour Player swap between Ilias and JAC

creating threads whilst on an Easter show ride is prohibited.
  27. oldpuppy

Payback 100 years in the making

lol you nailed it. I suppose they can do the old prick test for DNA purposes.
  28. oldpuppy

Payback 100 years in the making

Did the officials get a feeling at all if this was an all women's game. :p
  29. oldpuppy

THE REAL REASON FOR BULLDOG'S NEW LOOK

Deborah Harry has nothing on our own new Blondie! Naturally!
  30. oldpuppy

Official Great photo moments from game that matter

Yes. Kiraz's head saved our winger from a tonsil injury.
  31. oldpuppy

News 'Walk towards pressure': Stephen Crichton's promise to Bulldogs after blockbuster NRL move

Could well end up been as important as Thurston and Asotasi were in changing the course of their clubs fortunes after we lost them from a then successful system.
  32. oldpuppy

News New Dogs trait great ‘couldn’t believe’

Its been ages since we blooded youngsters in the trials and they excelled and lived up to the hype. Great times for our club in the near future.
  33. oldpuppy

Old school Bulldogs players

"Hey google!"
  34. oldpuppy

Your favourite Bulldogs GF win & why?

born in 1967 so I missed those first 2 GFs. only just! lol
  35. oldpuppy

I agree with the 1995 GF pick as it was one that we weren't supposed to win. The heartache of losing in 1979 under similar circumstances was soothing many years later.
  36. oldpuppy

1938 and 1942. Before then, trophy cabinet was empty.
  37. oldpuppy

News Burtons view of the shape of planet Earth.

A few years ago I was up on the observation deck on the Berj Khalifa. Burton is correct! The world is flat. And so is his hometown Dubbo.
  38. oldpuppy

Fave song lyric / 1 liner

Metallica song : Disposable heroes. A very meaningful pre chorus that's accompanied by a great James Hetfield riff and Cliff Burton bass line. *Soldier boy, made of clay Now an empty shell Twenty one, only son But he served us well Bred to kill, not to care Do just as we say Finished here...
  39. oldpuppy

Opinion Which individual will have the biggest impact on our season?

Critta gets my vote as well. Latrell Mitchell was a similar big game clutch player but Critta has surpassed him and does it better. Also competes the 80 minutes.
  40. oldpuppy

Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

As a kid I always thought Bob McCarthy and Steve Mortimer on the same team made us invincible.
  41. oldpuppy

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Those 3 would balance our forward roster well and not eat into the cap quite the way a one million dollar plus prop would. Could also make us way more attractive for a descent halfback if still needed to come over at fair value to fill the void until the young halves in our system refine their...
  42. oldpuppy

News NRL market watch: Bulldogs, Dragons lead chase for Jarome Luai, Addin Fonua-Blake

Last i heard he agreed to terms but the tigers failed to bring a a pen and paperwork.
  43. oldpuppy

Dragons and Dogs in, Roosters out of Addin Fonua-Blake race amid new Warriors clause

Why are some bagging the signing of Crichton now just because we missed out on AFB?
  44. oldpuppy

Opinion Pre Season Training

anyone arriving late at training so far?
  45. oldpuppy

News 'Dogs gave me a purpose': Xerri grateful for second chance

How good is it that he's inspired by Crichton's feats in the game and the challenges they had against each other in the juniors. Good thing is their next chapter in their competitiveness is together in the bulldogs team. I think this will flow through the squad in a massive way.
  46. oldpuppy

News Bulldogs star Karl Oloapu breaks silence on career defining spinal surgery, rehab, Anthony Minichiello’s advice

He has youth on his side to not feel he's missing his moment. Needs to focus that he's 110% recovered. NRL came too soon in his journey but he showed some good qualities amongst the nerves and rawness. I recall some good hits on big forwards and a robusting solo try. Think it was against the...
  47. oldpuppy

Any one do traffic control?

I've never seen anyone speed past these hot young traffic management ladies. And noone cares they slow traffic down unnecessarily :)
  48. oldpuppy

SMH Luai

Not a real photo. Gus and Barret's head looked photoshopped to me.
  49. oldpuppy

Opinion Fanoua Blake in Kikau out

I'm hoping there's another way too instead of giving up Kikau. Both players are quality and both need to be here for us to start our climb towards a finals spot. We don't gain much by giving away quality to gain quality. And the other difference is AFB wants to come sydney and perhaps to us...
  50. oldpuppy

Rumour KIKAU for AFB swap

Kikau really didn't have an ideal preparation last summer. WC campaign then the passing of his father. Was off the pace compared to the rest of the squad to begin with and then had his pec injury. If there's no disruptions to his preparations over summer, we know the player he is and we need...
  51. oldpuppy

News What exactly are Phil Gould and his Bulldogs up to?

lol he's the alpha pajero and his followers do all the ranting. Hee haw ")
  52. oldpuppy

Moving in the right direction.

Well done Alan! You wrote this with calmness and passion. It's definitely a good lesson to some where you can express opinions of how you view the status quo of our club without calling out the failures of individuals with vulgarities. I'm just a humble fan who has followed the club for over 50...
  53. oldpuppy

News Jarome Luai meets with bulldogs as tigers ante the heat

Not sure if mentioned before but I recall a game when panthers lost and Jerome gave it to Salmon for missing his assignment on a defensive error. He possibly is the right fit for Ciraldo's methods as it appeared the current crop seemed confused defensively and even possibly resented his style...
  54. oldpuppy

Do we have too many props!?

That's why the academy needs to be set up on a cattle station full of energetic young bulls. Lol
  55. oldpuppy

Do we have too many props!?

We need Gus to set up a prop academy.
  56. oldpuppy

I thought he drove a Nissan Pa TROLL
  57. oldpuppy

You liar! Kerrod Holland never reciprocated your feelings that year. lol
  58. oldpuppy

The club was let down a little by the players they let go. They had the opportunity to be part of a club's strategic rebuild but chances where not taken. It's not rocket science that every article and thread identifies a lack of Props in our team or cannot come up with viable options that are...
  59. oldpuppy

Board re-elected unopposed

or how about this one? lol
  60. oldpuppy

new members that create accounts around election times.
  61. oldpuppy

I activated the MAMALUKE filter here and I now enjoy good footy topics from good members. :)
  62. oldpuppy

Rumour Addin Fonua-Blake

bound and gagged?
  63. oldpuppy

Player Swap 2004 – 2024

Tony Grimaldi for Karl Oloapu and Ogre for Sutton. Don't know how these current players made your 2024 team.
  64. oldpuppy

Favourite Bulldogs Tries of 2023

Fox and Averillo were our xfactor duo. Averillo's try scoring prowess will be missed but with Crichton and if xerri fires then plenty of good highlights are coming our way 2024.
  65. oldpuppy

Your favourite doggies centres from the 90s till present

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure if he gave you a chance to meet in real, he would warm to you. You would make him feel special.
  66. oldpuppy

Are we short!? Back row

You're right if we have both Preston and Kikau injured. But as of this moment that's an IF. What we have is 2 good backrowers in our starting team and very light on metre eating Props. We should allow the required process in pursuing the likes of AFB or any other quality prop instead of...
  67. oldpuppy

for mine jmoz stands alone in this list for longetivity as a bulldog centre. And I always thought he was better not been on the same side as Brett Morris. Don't know why but together I felt they got complacent defensively with a few misreads. The roosters played them effectively on the opposite...
  68. oldpuppy

Are we short!? Back row

pretty good there. I'm hoping that Sutton and Patolo can step up in 24. They struggled for impact when injected this year.
  69. oldpuppy

Kerrod Holland? you got his number? I need a cheap sparkie to look at my faulty garden solar lighting. They only work at night.
  70. oldpuppy

News Phil Gould explains Canterbury's recruitment approach

they literally did that every game.
  71. oldpuppy

Will Hopoate released from St Helens

7 years? he was that slow it felt like 20 years :)
  72. oldpuppy

Official Blake Wilson locked in for 2024 & 2025

Good re-signing. Better than a new signing just for the sake of it.
  73. oldpuppy

News Good Riddance

Hooters!
  74. oldpuppy

Any news on who our number 7 will be in 2024?

Have they resumed training yet? How do some gauge who is the frontrunner?
  75. oldpuppy

News End of Season Report Card 2023 -Bulldogs

It's a shame at the halfway mark he probably scored a C. Was let down badly by injuries to key personnel and replacements were way off the pace to sustain any competiveness. Unfortunately our position on where we finished on the ladder does dictate his score with an E.
  76. oldpuppy

News End of Season Report Card 2023 -Bulldogs

Saddam Hussein used camels effectively back in the day.
  77. oldpuppy

Signings

Big addition as in over 120kg? :)
  78. oldpuppy

Who wins in a 100m race between Foxx and Xerri? (Pole)

We find ourselves in a good place with these 2 speedsters. Add the next tier of fast players like Crichton, Taffee and Wilson, and we are up there with most backlines to finally keep up.
  79. oldpuppy

Bulldogs Jersey Flegg - We are the CHAMPIONS!!!

is the game in real time when watching it in real
  80. oldpuppy

The Melbourne Storm stole us

All I can see in your thread is an arrest.
  81. oldpuppy

Top 5 fastest bulldogs of all time -1996 onward

Agreed. Alomoti almost got mentioned before the Fox:)
  82. oldpuppy

News How Do You Expect To Win : Stephen Crichton's Blunt Assessment Of Canterbury’s Criticism Ahead Of Career Defining Move

Glad he signed for us early in the year . It would have been difficult to convince him later given how our season progressed.
  83. oldpuppy

News Thompson happy to take pay cut to play at the roosters

before he goes I wish him one more run at Shrek and Mason
  84. oldpuppy

Alamoti to the Panthers

Uncle Nick Politis probably try to bluff Gus in securing him on big dollars. Maybe Nick had his eyes set on another off contract Dogs player. Perhaps Averillo. Could it be Nick was outfoxed by Gus then Skeletor?
  85. oldpuppy

Social Media Fotuaika

I would like for us to sign him regardless if he's not able to come next year. He'd be a good long term acquisition in a position we desperately need. If he came earlier then even better.
  86. oldpuppy

News Bulldogs chase Tiger

The ears have excellent width. Could be useful defensively in overlap situations.
  87. oldpuppy

No Source Poasa Faamausili

Don't know anything about him and he might not be spectacular. However we ain't the only club that makes these type of signings. On minimum wage I guess we have to try something.
  88. oldpuppy

RFM you out there ? Your Silence is deafening !

the old fella in floral shirt has 3 arms?
  89. oldpuppy

Opinion JAC

There's not too many wingers that score those 3 tries yesterday. All speed. awareness and evasiveness Sure he's been down lately on form due to injury .I'm happy with what he's earning .We have one genuine rep player that the rest of the comp would love in their side. And we overthink that he's...
  90. oldpuppy

Rd 27 vs Titans 3-2-1

I give all my points solely to Kayo for the exclusive rights to this seasons award winning comedy. BULLDOGS CLASS OF 23.
  91. oldpuppy

Official Bulldog Vs Titan

imagine fox on his preferred left side! :)
  92. oldpuppy

Ref hates us. Is she from Coffs Harbour?
  93. oldpuppy

Kikau error rate today will equal his career tally
  94. oldpuppy

Dogs divide: Training ground punishment becomes a heated and emotional debate

At the end of the day was probably a half hearted wrestle amongst team mates to sharpen their tackling drills. I'm sure it wasn't the said player versus The Rock, Stone Cold , Undertaker, Big show etc.
  95. oldpuppy

The Lucky Wins

premature analysis. we have one more game to make things great again:)
  96. oldpuppy

Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

fringe first grader? need a clue here. who are our real first graders?