Opinion Who was your Bulldogs Idol/s when you were growing up?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Only seen clips / highlights of Mortimer never seen him actually play, he was before my time but got to see lamb, and glad that I witnessed the legend play.
I am judging Mortimer as a human being more than a footy player! Lol

Steve Mortimer is that loved he tried to stop in the Colyton hotel for a piss a few years ago and the locals made him hang out for a beer and a chat!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I reckon if you asked this question in 15 years who was your greatest bulldogg idol growing up a lot of people would say me (Nasheed)
Not as a player but a club icon

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I know, I can’t help myself
Why am I fishing?
I simply said I loved Robbos flick to Silva in the 98 semi.
Everyone else is turning the smallest thing into some drama for no reason.
I stand by it. It’s one of my first memories and I don’t see why it needs to be controversial.

Last edited:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why am I fishing?
I simply said I loved Robbos flick to Silva in the 98 semi.
Everyone else is turning the smallest thing into some drama for no reason.
I stand by it. It’s one of my first memories and I don’t see why it needs to be controversial.
The fact you don’t know who Robbo is says to me you are better off keeping your mouth shut on anything regarding the history of the club.

You believe the club started when you started following them. When reality is (sadly) most of our greatest days were BN (before Nasheed).

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a kid I always thought Bob McCarthy and Steve Mortimer on the same team made us invincible.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact you don’t know who Robbo is says to me you are better off keeping your mouth shut on anything regarding the history of the club.

You believe the club started when you started following them. When reality is (sadly) most of our greatest days were BN (before Nasheed).
You don’t know then. Robbo Relf was one of my favourites when I first started watching. He was very aggressive

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You don’t know then. Robbo Relf was one of my favourites when I first started watching. He was very aggressive
Just stick to your “all time” as long as it’s only the NRL era.

Because nothing happened in the clubs 60years of history before that way of thinking. You are a clueless newbie supporter of a club approaching 90years in the top grade. Stay out of any history debates when you have NFI what you’re talking about.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I was about ten I used to pretend to be Ross Conlon and kick goals.
Despite being a doggy liked Slippery Morris

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who was your idols or your favourites from the Doggies? For me - When I was growing up my idol was Greg Brentnall and when he retired it became Terry Lamb. Such good players and kept trying on the field until the end.
Baa baa and Turvey. Seeing those two link up or Turveys chip and regather or darting out from the scrum base to score before anyone knew he was there was great. Or when Turvey was older and played off the bench and as soon as he came on he created something and we scored.

I think it was a great try against Tigers in a GF qualifyer in 85 where Turvey made the break about 50 out and cut through 4 or 5 players but had the fullback to beat and ever present Lamb came up beside him to score near the posts.