News How Do You Expect To Win : Stephen Crichton's Blunt Assessment Of Canterbury’s Criticism Ahead Of Career Defining Move

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I hope he Is bought straight into the leadership group. Even to the extent of being put straight to the top job as captain.

I think leadership, or lack of leadership this year. Was a significant contributor to how we performed.

We need leaders that lead by example. Set standards and don’t except anything less.

Players coming here and their performance going backwards needs to stop. Standards at every level need to be high. Unfortunately in our whole roster there isn’t anyone that jumps out as a leader or captain. Certainly not Burton or Reed. Both need to concentrate on their games and not worry about the captain duties.
Totally agree but putting that responsibility on Critta early on is asking a lot.
What about SST and Mahoney?....bc I cant see CC taking it off Reed...but maybe Burto could be relieved on captaincy.

We must not be seen to cruel Crichtons career. It is absolutely pivotal that he continues his probable career path as a really special elite player.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t take long for Debbie to make her first post. Waiting on her sidekick Nancy to back her up…

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s very mature for his age. He obviously likes to play up too, but it’s good to hear how mature he is about footy and training etc.

Everyone needs to remember that our team was littered with too many rookies and inexperienced players this season. The more we have with the pedigree of Critta, the better we’ll perform.

Just look at our backline for the majority of the year..

Perham (hardly any fg experience before this season)
Alamoti (rookie)
Kiraz (very little experience)
Wilson (rookie)
Avo (fairly experienced but was moved between centre & fb)
JAC (our only very experienced backline player but missed a chunk of the season through injury and rep duty)
Burns also experienced but often injured

Comparing all those players, where they’re currently at, Critta becomes our best back as soon as he’s officially a bulldog. That’s quite telling in how poor the squad is still, but also at how experienced and the level of quality he has.

Xerri is also very likely to be an upgrade on most of our backs, as is Taafe if you compare him to Avo and Perham. He‘s easily better than the latter and about as good as Avo, however he plays far more committed, which is clearly what we’re missing.
Terriffic post, right on the money.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another brainwashed loser applauding CC :tearsofjoy:
Yeah I think he has more faith in his own ability than in Ciraldo's....

..and I don't buy the BS about him having no regrets.

You'd have to have apathy to not have any regrets. The whole world expected us to be on the up this year and we went backwards after 10 rounds.

There's every regret. But, I don't expect him to backflip.

Too professional and high in confidence in his abilities. Which is what we want. Hopefully it's contagious and spurs afew others to follow him

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome critta look forward to you walking the talk and leading from the front young man, will be an improved team with you in it. All the best getting the softcocks to harden up.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Compare his attitude to that of RFM.

Critter wants to show the younger kids how much hard work it takes to become a champion in the NRL.

RFM just went and complained that the kids were being worked too hard.

I had hopes that RFM would grow into his role as Club Captain but instead he just regressed.
RFM reported to the coach about what some players complained to him about and rightly so, that is his job as a leader !
He was wrong by releasing this to the media, none other than The Daily Tellacrap.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I
Totally agree but putting that responsibility on Critta early on is asking a lot.
What about SST and Mahoney?....bc I cant see CC taking it off Reed...but maybe Burto could be relieved on captaincy.

We must not be seen to cruel Crichtons career. It is absolutely pivotal that he continues his probable career path as a really special elite player.
I think it's inevitable that he regresses in this team. We just hope the players around him lift, so his drop is only 20%.

But the writing is on the wall. Especially as he's not a halves player and needs to rely on them to sustain his level.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM reported to the coach about what some players complained to him about and rightly so, that is his job as a leader !
He was wrong by releasing this to the media, none other than The Daily Tellacrap.
No, His job as a leader is to teach young kids how to be professional footballers and how to forge a career in the NRL.

If it was just about some disgruntled young kids that the coach needed to keep an eye on, then fair enough but he ruined that argument by running to Drunkfield.

As a leader he needed to show the way, instead he taught them they should complain and run to the media.

Hopefully with this blowing up in his face some of our youngsters can take the lesson on board.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I think he has more faith in his own ability than in Ciraldo's....

..and I don't buy the BS about him having no regrets.

You'd have to have apathy to not have any regrets. The whole world expected us to be on the up this year and we went backwards after 10 rounds.

There's every regret. But, I don't expect him to backflip.

Too professional and high in confidence in his abilities. Which is what we want. Hopefully it's contagious and spurs afew others to follow him
Firstly, IMO if he didn't have faith in Ciro he wouldn't have signed, no regrets could well mean he could see the wider picture of a brighter future, yes we did regress after 10 rounds but do you agree major injuries were the main reasons.
Have faith, we will get there !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, His job as a leader is to teach young kids how to be professional footballers and how to forge a career in the NRL.

If it was just about some disgruntled young kids that the coach needed to keep an eye on, then fair enough but he ruined that argument by running to Drunkfield.

As a leader he needed to show the way, instead he taught them they should complain and run to the media.

Hopefully with this blowing up in his face some of our youngsters can take the lesson on board.
The 2 duties go together hand in hand !