Opinion Fanoua Blake in Kikau out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure why kikau has to be out, to get afb in?
Warrior want a player in return. We don't have many players in the top 30 that would fit going to Warrior. We need to hope they'll take a player in our top 30 we don't want (unlikely) or a promising junior. If Tiger offer someone like Utoikamanu or Papali'i up, or Dragon Su'a we're in trouble (they probably need a prop so Utoikamanu realistic, I guess depends who is willing to go there).

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Manly announced signing Olakau'atu on $1m a year for 8 years, AFB's asking price just went up.

Always a Bulldog
I assume it must have some contract $ ratchet clause. $1.0mill per season for 8 years is a lot now. But in 3-4 years time, he would likely be looking for more each year. $1.0mill each year might look like a bargain by then

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Warrior want a player in return. We don't have many players in the top 30 that would fit going to Warrior. We need to hope they'll take a player in our top 30 we don't want (unlikely) or a promising junior. If Tiger offer someone like Utoikamanu or Papali'i up, or Dragon Su'a we're in trouble (they probably need a prop so Utoikamanu realistic, I guess depends who is willing to go there).
Haven't heard of them wanting anyone in return. They have said they will release him after 2024 season already, which was a compromise coz he wanted to go before that. If there was a condition to get another player back, it would have been announced already. A certain player would have to have been chosen already to make a deal for a swap. Its not a swap. They are releasing him after 2024. They cant add any conditions or expectations of getting a player in return from whoever ends up with AFB, after already saying hes released. Nobody has any obligation to give them anything.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haven't heard of them wanting anyone in return. They have said they will release him after 2024 season already, which was a compromise coz he wanted to go before that. If there was a condition to get another player back, it would have been announced already. A certain player would have to have been chosen already to make a deal for a swap. Its not a swap. They are releasing him after 2024. They cant add any conditions or expectations of getting a player in return from whoever ends up with AFB, after already saying hes released. Nobody has any obligation to give them anything.
Warrior CEO on SEN said they want a player in return. It's also been in the news everywhere, not sure how you could miss it. AFB needs to decide which club he prefers/his preference then Warrior will negotiate for a player in return.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Warrior CEO on SEN said they want a player in return. It's also been in the news everywhere, not sure how you could miss it. AFB needs to decide which club he prefers/his preference then Warrior will negotiate for a player in return.
If so i still dont see why we give up Kikau to get AFB. Kikau has many more years left in him than AFB.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If so i still dont see why we give up Kikau to get AFB. Kikau has many more years left in him than AFB.
If they want a quality player who else can we offer that makes sense. I think Gus will find another way, hopefully with another promising junior. We need to land AFB and are desperate.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought that if the Warriors want a player in return, they could do what the Sharks did & ask for a gun Jr that’s on the rise?

We’ve got a good batch of kids coming thru… they may ask for possibly a half, with Shaun Johnson on his last legs…. Just a suggestion

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they want a quality player who else can we offer that makes sense. I think Gus will find another way, hopefully with another promising junior. We need to land AFB and are desperate.
I'm hoping there's another way too instead of giving up Kikau. Both players are quality and both need to be here for us to start our climb towards a finals spot. We don't gain much by giving away quality to gain quality. And the other difference is AFB wants to come sydney and perhaps to us. Kikau may not be wiiling to relocate to NZ and is within his rights to stay put and not be used as a pawn.