News End of Season Report Card 2023 -Bulldogs

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
15. BULLDOGS

2023 Record: W7 L17

GRADE: E

Analysis: There was real hope for the Bulldogs under boom rookie coach Cameron Ciraldo and on the back of some big-name signings, and boy did they disappoint.

Things started promisingly when Canterbury upset the Storm in Round 2 and then beat the Tigers before a narrow loss to the Warriors and a win over the Cowboys to sit eighth after Round 5.

But they were flogged by Souths the following week and things spiralled further when a few days later star recruit Viliame Kikau tore his pec at training.

The Bulldogs won just two games between Round 6 and 18, a poor stretch that included a 66-0 thumping at the hands of the Knights.

Ciraldo’s men ended the slide with a 36-32 bounce back win over the Rabbitohs but they finished the season losing six of their past seven games.

Full article link

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tells us nothing we didn't know about how many games we won and lost, but doesn't attempt to explain why we were so terrible. Just a bunch of words anyone could write. Could have been done by a bot.

If I was a parent of this child, I'd be demanding more from the teacher so that I know what I should be doing at home to help improve their grades.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I hope we come out in pre season trials and show a massive improvement in what CC is trying to do.. for the sake of our great club

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well I hope we come out in pre season trials and show a massive improvement in what CC is trying to do.. for the sake of our great club
Imagine if we don't *shudder* ;)

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you imagine Tommy Smith or Bart Cummings winning a Melbourne Cup with a camel. That's what Ciraldo was trying to do.
Problem is CC took his camels and coached them to move like seals

He gets an E for his coaching in my report card too

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame at the halfway mark he probably scored a C.
Was let down badly by injuries to key personnel and replacements were way off the pace to sustain any competiveness.
Unfortunately our position on where we finished on the ladder does dictate his score with an E.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tells us nothing we didn't know about how many games we won and lost, but doesn't attempt to explain why we were so terrible. Just a bunch of words anyone could write. Could have been done by a bot.

If I was a parent of this child, I'd be demanding more from the teacher so that I know what I should be doing at home to help improve their grades.
So if you send your kid to school with a shit attitude and an unwillingness to learn it’s the teachers fault…..ok.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the article failed to acknowledge that Preston was sent to the bin for a bullsh!t hipdrop call leavig us with 12 against 13 and then when JAC got injured Slutton allowed play to continue again leaving us short (while points eere scored agsinst us) and the fact that Slutton absolutely raped us that day... Unfortunately I was there to witness it live.

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can you imagine Tommy Smith or Bart Cummings winning a Melbourne Cup with a camel. That's what Ciraldo was trying to do.
What about Kaboobie??? We'd be flying!!!Screenshot_20231003_190116_Chrome.jpg

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
So if you send your kid to school with a shit attitude and an unwillingness to learn it’s the teachers fault…..ok.
Read my last sentence again, and tell me where I suggested it was the teacher's fault. Or is comprehension a problem for you?

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also the article failed to acknowledge that Preston was sent to the bin for a bullsh!t hipdrop call leavig us with 12 against 13 and then when JAC got injured Slutton allowed play to continue again leaving us short (while points eere scored agsinst us) and the fact that Slutton absolutely raped us that day... Unfortunately I was there to witness it live.
dont get me started about that game… I was there and could not believe Preston got done for a hip drop when it wasn’t.. then fox injured for a whole set before game was stopped. If they talk about hia and how important it is… just because it wasn’t doesn’t mean game can’t be stopped. We we’re on a roll until those two things happened