11. Salmon
12. Curran
13. Mann

14. Utility/another forward
15. Sutton
16. Patolo
17. Hutchison

Morrin could play second row if we're really desperate

I think its unlikely we lose both 2nd rowers.
pretty good there. I'm hoping that Sutton and Patolo can step up in 24. They struggled for impact when injected this year.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Are we short of a back rower with all this prop focus!??

Although we lack a sick prop we are ok in terms of prop numbers. 6 on books.

But if RFM and Topine is gone then we have kikau, Preston and Curran so yes. Decent starting 13 but we need more.
Sutton? He is in the transition to prop!!
Salmon!? Is he even a 2nd rower?
Semrani? Young yo.

Hoffman… ewwww
Morrin….. depth

If we get two injured we r fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckt
You're right if we have both Preston and Kikau injured. But as of this moment that's an IF. What we have is 2 good backrowers in our starting team and very light on metre eating Props. We should allow the required process in pursuing the likes of AFB or any other quality prop instead of getting ahead of ourselves of scenarios .

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dunno I wish we stopped trying to convert players
We r worse than Andrew tate
nothing wrong with converting players as long as they're happy to and get to play first grade....
plus i can see skelton being our own olakuatu down the track

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure there was a few weeks this yr where both Kiks and presto unavailable at the same time
Wrong again. Preston played 20/27 rounds in 2023 (excluding 3 byes) and the 4 games he missed with his late season shoulder problem were when Kikau was back (who returned Round 22). So you’re suggesting a problem existed where it didn’t. Shocking I know :-).

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong again. Preston played 20/27 rounds in 2023 (excluding 3 byes) and the 4 games he missed with his late season shoulder problem were when Kikau was back (who returned Round 22). So you’re suggesting a problem existed where it didn’t. Shocking I know :-).
Fact remains if either go down we dont have a proven first grade second rower who can slide straight in without upsetting the balance of the team (eg curran moving from lock to second row)

Kautonga - uncapped unproven
Salmon - unproven

Panthers are the best because they have proven depth in each position. Guys like Hosking and Garner ready to go and deliver the goods should Martin or Sorensen go down

If we lose kiks or presto its panic stations with a highly exposed edge

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fact remains if either go down we dont have a proven first grade second rower who can slide straight in without upsetting the balance of the team (eg curran moving from lock to second row)

Kautonga - uncapped unproven
Salmon - unproven

Panthers are the best because they have proven depth in each position. Guys like Hosking and Garner ready to go and deliver the goods should Martin or Sorensen go down

rfm ? providing he stays

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont think we can count him as an option just yet
Edwards can play lock and we can always shift curran to the right edge, pretty sure mann can play lock as well but not exactly ideal.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edwards can play lock and we can always shift curran to the right edge, pretty sure mann can play lock as well but not exactly ideal.
Still need to find room for edwards in the 30. Hopefully we can

Ideally would like to resist moving curran out of lock as thats where we will get best value from him
Imo

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still need to find room for edwards in the 30. Hopefully we can

Ideally would like to resist moving curran out of lock as thats where we will get best value from him
Imo
true but if it comes down to injuries than we might not have a choice

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have two elite backrowers in Preston and Kiks, Curren and Salmon can play the role, so can Edwards…. We’re good.

MIDDLES please.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If if if. You’re the only one ‘panicking’ - I’m more than happy to leave it to the coaching staff to plan for different combinations and scenarios in pre-season which is no doubt what they’re doing. They also must believe there’s an internal ability to step up in 2024, otherwise the clean out may not have been so brutal - Waddell, Okunbor etc - and I’m glad we didn’t re-sign those who had a chance to shine and really didn’t.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Harry Hayes, Hutcho and Edwards as well.

Backrow is stacked.

WE NEED PROPS!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Skelton should be in the backrow, has the size the strength and footwork. He won’t make it as a winger because sadly he can’t tackle. Idk what it is with the rugby boys but they can’t fkn defend. Skelton will be a blessing in the back row. We already have one winger in JAC who can’t stay on his man and has this obsession with trying to pull of intercepts which 9/10 result in tries to the opposition.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Skelton should be in the backrow, has the size the strength and footwork. He won’t make it as a winger because sadly he can’t tackle. Idk what it is with the rugby boys but they can’t fkn defend. Skelton will be a blessing in the back row. We already have one winger in JAC who can’t stay on his man and has this obsession with trying to pull of intercepts which 9/10 result in tries to the opposition.

skeltons defence wasn't an issue when he played the broncos and panthers this season though...
but yh he should transition into a edge backrower if he wants to play first grade for us considering we have a lot of outside backs

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you’re saying poor defence as an edge is okay?

I haven’t seen enough of Skeleton to comment on his defence. He does however have the physical attributes to make a good backrower.

Defence needs to be up to scratch though. One of the more important defensive positions on the field along with centre.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you’re saying poor defence as an edge is okay?

I haven’t seen enough of Skeleton to comment on his defence. He does however have the physical attributes to make a good backrower.

Defence needs to be up to scratch though. One of the more important defensive positions on the field along with centre.
Hed Find it easier defending in the middle then on the wing, so yeah his defensive issues could be managed in the middle. Someone with his attacking ball running abilities in the middle would be a sensation.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You act like there’s going to be all sorts of movement we are already at capacity y it hard to understand yo
The changes will be minal at best
Where within my comment Mickey Mouse, does it convey “all sorts of movement” ?

It simply states that it’s possible a change here or there can happen before 2024 starts ..

Image1701080337.583447.jpg

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ultimately I think King is a back rower than a mid. I also think Mann and Salmon will cover the back row. I don't think the Dogs will keep Topine and Mariner on the books if they were not going to play a part. So if we add them to the back row stocks we are not too bad.

I looks back rower Logan Spinks has a development contract. Hes repped Junior Kangaroos so may come in handy. I also noticed Morrin has a development contract. I think hes OK in the mold of his dad, not a world beater but plays with heart. Teams need players like this.

Nearly forgot I think there was some talk of Oloapu playing lock as well. We certainly have an abundance of locks with Curran, Mann and King.