Zane tetevano signed for 2024

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could be a decent signing . His last stints were at the Roosters when they were winning comps and also at Penrith the year they started their march to domination in 2020. He will cost us nothing and with a shortage of props available I think it could be an astute low risk signing

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am not a doctor so I will go with
This!

* The stroke/heart condition has been cleared, medically;
* It (attempts to) bolsters a position we're weak in;
* Probably on minimum wage, so not a huge risk on Salary Cap/Squad balance...

...all good so far (if that's what Gus & Ciraldo decide they want)...

...BUT...a Domestic Violence conviction (not just a rumour, accusation, or charge) is unforgivable, IMO.

* F#ck your "white ribbon" virture-signalling Bull$#!t;
* F#ck your dumb@r$e government-paid advertisements telling real mean (that would NEVER do this kind of thing) that they are somehow responsible/complicit in the behaviour of these types of cretin; and
* F#ck your "second chances"...

If people are/were serious about this kind of thing, a DV conviction should be marked as "Never Again (Ever)" - full stop.
Don't care who you are, how good you play, or how much the team/club needs what you're offering.
It's just a hard NO.
He already has had a 2nd chance with both the Roosters and Penrith.
Something tells me though if it was Tino- you would be 100% ok with the signing.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He already has had a 2nd chance with both the Roosters and Penrith.
Well why didn't you say so? If DV is okay at the Rorters & the 'riff, then it must be okay at the Dogs. Why have standards, especially on something so trivial as DV - now, where's my White Ribbon virtue-signaling paraphernalia? [seriously mods, where is the *eyeroll* emoji?]

Something tells me though...
Yeah, I wouldn't be relying too much on that voice in your head.

...if it was Tino- you would be 100% ok with the signing.
100% wrong. What part of:
"Don't care who you are, how good you play, or how much the team/club needs what you're offering.
It's just a hard NO."

- did you not get?

Name your superstar. I don't care. 'It's just a hard NO."

Rocket64

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t mind this signing for experience .. still confused why Gus didn’t pursue someone like Keppie .. high work rate, still only young by Prop age

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t want him even if he was a model citizen. His history makes it an easy decision NO. There’s a few kids I’d play before someone like him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's hope not:

"Tetevano pleaded guilty to eight charges in Newcastle Local Court last week, including two counts of common assault and two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

On each occasion Tetevano was affected by alcohol and attacked his then girlfriend by variously pushing her to the ground, kicking her, and on one occasion picking her up by her shirt and holding her against a wall, and throwing her around the bedroom at the Merewether unit they once shared."
Fuck that's horrible.. I can't get behind signing anyone that's had this history of abuse towards women. Disgusting behaviour.. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I don’t mind this signing for experience .. still confused why Gus didn’t pursue someone like Keppie .. high work rate, still only young by Prop age
Because Kellie signed a rediculous contract with Manly, >600k till end of 2027, so it would have been pretty high risk to sign him.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let's hope not:

"Tetevano pleaded guilty to eight charges in Newcastle Local Court last week, including two counts of common assault and two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

On each occasion Tetevano was affected by alcohol and attacked his then girlfriend by variously pushing her to the ground, kicking her, and on one occasion picking her up by her shirt and holding her against a wall, and throwing her around the bedroom at the Merewether unit they once shared."
That was nearly 10 years ago. How long should we hold players accountable, Otherwise we would have to ban a number of players who have been convicted of assault and/or DV over the last 10 years including some who are still playing.

Hopefully that agression has been turned toward footy because that is exactly what we need lol.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's hope not:

Gus has bought a liability here, gutless act

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think a player swap - Sutton for Mooney and or Hola from the raiders would be a smart move and a fair swap.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was nearly 10 years ago. How long should we hold players accountable, Otherwise we would have to ban a number of players who have been convicted of assault and/or DV over the last 10 years including some who are still playing.

Hopefully that agression has been turned toward footy because that is exactly what we need lol.
Oh OK it's only ten years ago.
Throw your sister up to marry him then