Zane tetevano signed for 2024

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[emoji838][emoji836]️ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ʟᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴀɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴛᴇᴠᴀɴᴏ,[emoji838][emoji836]️

Via Telegraph Sport [emoji438]
By Fatima Kdouh and Michael Carayannis ✍

Canterbury has beefed up its forward pack after handing Zane Tetevano a surprised NRL lifeline

Zane Tetevano has been handed an NRL lifeline just months after suffering a stroke while training in England last year.

It is understood the Bulldogs have agreed to sign Tetevano, who won a premiership with the Roosters in 2018, despite the 33-year-old having not played in the NRL since 2020.

Tetevano’s last NRL match was a 2020 grand final loss for Penrith against Melbourne where current Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo was part of the Panthers coaching staff.

Since then he played three seasons at Leeds but his rugby league career looked over when he needed surgery to repair the hole in his heart which caused a stroke.

He did not play another game for Leeds, instead he moved back to New Zealand. However, he made a successful rugby league return and played two games for the Cook Islands at the end of season Pacific Champions in PNG.

That clearance has enabled Tetevano to push for an NRL return.

“I was trying to communicate in the warm-up and I started slurring my words,” Tetevano told AAP in October.

“My strength and conditioning coach Rich Hunwicks asked ‘have you been on the piss?’

“Then I started kicking my feet and (assistant coach) Chev Walker realised I was having a stroke.

“They tried not to scare anyone at training and then they called for an ambulance.”

The Bulldogs have been looking for props as they aim to add some much-needed depth to that position.

Tetevano was linked with a move to Wyong Roos before Christmas. He has played 121 top grade games during his stints at Newcastle, Sydney Roosters and Penrith.

Tetevano has also played three Tests for New Zealand and 10 games for the Cook Islands.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is this official?! Rumoured to be happening by some nobody on instagram and the daily shittograph. Fmd.

I can’t see how this could happen when we declined SST a contract over a dodgy ankle. Tetevano had a stroke ffs!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone knows we need more middle forward depth, so this could be germalists trying to get clicks, or actually happening. Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bit of forward depth and paying peanuts, can’t hurt. Sure the clowns will have their say however
You're the clown who has blind faith in every decision the club makes & gets annoyed at supporters having valid opinions.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly was saying WTF when I read he'd had a stroke. But if it was due to a hole in the heart which has been fixed and he's clear to play then I'll just have to go with the decision. Adds some size and experience to the roster. If it's a one year deal so be it. Worst case scenario he teaches the youngsters in reserves some tricks for a year. He might actually add value though. So I'll judge on what he delivers.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what concerns me most;

Domestic violence conviction
In 2014, Tetevano pled guilty and was sentenced to at least nine months jail for bashing his then girlfriend on four separate occasions. However, the jail time was overturned on appeal. During the appeal Judge Roy Ellis was "impressed with his rehabilitation", and Tetevano's commitment to living "a simple life", while his lawyer argued that he had "no desire to return to the toxic environment that the NRL invites".

Always a Bulldog