Your reaction to JR still playing for the Bulldogs in 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Mbye's performance was ok last year. That was first year playing as a half so it is expected for him to be up and down, especially in a forward dominated team. He actually started the year quite well and was linking up with Hoppa beautifully. The problem is you can see at some stage he did lose confidence during the season and that's part of the learning process. He can't be so afraid to make mistakes that it limits his touches.

Also he is on the big bucks from this year so let's see if he starts to earn that pay packet. I expect more from Reynolds because he is now our longest serving player and should be a leader of this team. In terms of experience Reynolds and Mbye are similar to Milford and Hunt

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yh you still don't get it all.

Our side is massively overcoached and our structures simply don't allow a key player to stand up and take charge. Our forwards don't actually run lines, we have no depth, our props are positioned in our hookers pockets, etc. There is no freedom for a key player to stand up because our structures are way to strict and unique.

JT is a terrible example. Do you think JT just makes shit up at the top of his head and everyone just runs around after him? Lol please.

JT controls the side because that is what he does at training, unlike our halves. Every play that JT "organises" or "directs", the whole team has trained for. The team also has many variations...JT's job is to simply pick the right option. Yes he goes off track sometimes, but he has the freedom to do so because of the Cowboys structures and because the players around JT are ready to react to what he is doing.

And comparing us and Manly is stupid. The structures between the two sides are completely different along with the gane being different.

But yes we do lack direction, but that isn't the players fault. That is on Des.
Des could say fly to the moon and back. There's nothing Des can do if the players don't play as per his structures. Why do you think he was clearly frustrated at times? It wasn't because his structures weren't working, it was because the players weren't doing ashe coached them to.

That said how the heck would any of us know how they are coached? Maybe Des says "play what is in front of you", and this is the mess we see.

Facts remain Facts... he was highly successful with his coaching style at Manly, yet despite a premiership his Manly coached sides couldn't achieve the consistency the Dogs in finals campaigns. Another thing you overlook is that other sides have got better, stronger, and more competitive.

But every side in the NRL has 3 things we don't.

1. A half that controls the side on the field. (Why do you think we bought Cleeland)
2. A hooker with vision. (Why do you think we bought Woolford)
3. A full time fullback.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He's tripping Barba ... isn't that an interesting reversal of roles... normally it's Barba doing the tripping.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Des could say fly to the moon and back. There's nothing Des can do if the players don't play as per his structures. Why do you think he was clearly frustrated at times? It wasn't because his structures weren't working, it was because the players weren't doing ashe coached them to.

That said how the heck would any of us know how they are coached? Maybe Des says "play what is in front of you", and this is the mess we see.

Facts remain Facts... he was highly successful with his coaching style at Manly, yet despite a premiership his Manly coached sides couldn't achieve the consistency the Dogs in finals campaigns. Another thing you overlook is that other sides have got better, stronger, and more competitive.

1. A half that controls the side on the field. (Why do you think we bought Cleeland)
3. A full time fullback.
Are you fucking serious? How on earth can you now come on here and say the players aren't playing to Des' structures?

We have rocked up with the same gameplan week after week, yet apparently the players aren't following his structures? Then why do we see the exact same players week after week while re-signing the majority of the squad and making no big signings? If the players aren't running the plays Des would cut them and make major changes. Insted he signs youngster and reserve graders looking for a chance as they won't challenge him like Franky and Ennis did and carry out his system.

Des' structures aren't working, it is ridiculous for you to claim that they are. We deadset run the exact same basic plays week after week. Tolman and Graham run to the exact same area to set up certain plays. We continue to run the exact same block play. We continue to use the props as ball first receivers. We continue to play our halves on the edges as ball runners. The players don't make this shit up, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO AT TRAINING.

You act like Des is a God ffs. He has clearly fucked up just like any other coach has. But instead of making changes he just stuck with the same safe shit that eould get us to finals and got away with it because of his rep. Now that there is actually some pressure on Des, he has now decided to make some changes.

So next season if we rock up with a different style of footy and we see our halves more involved and directing play, will that then mean they are listening to Des? Fuck no. It will mean Des has made some changes and the players are following the structures just like they always have.

I also couldn't give a fuck about what he did at Manly, that side had a completely different style of play and players.

And on your last points,
1. Cleeland is just another reserve grader that Des always signs that is in his mid 20s looking for a chance. He is also more likely to fill the utility role (again, another change des is making because he fucked up).
2. A hooker with vision? Fuck me that was meant to be Lichaa considering he chased him for years, and then for whatever reason tried to turn him into a ballin clone.
3. Don't even bring up a fucking fullback. We haven't had one since Barba and that is on Des. He then came up with the stupid idea of signing a winger at the backend of his career on 600k+ to play fb when he couldn't even do it at the dragons. He also signed Abbey on decent coin to play reserve grade while his best mate cleal fucked up Munster abd Mitchel deals.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You just know.....when a shit thread like this goes for 4 pages, it's two or 3 people flaming each other. Getting in as many shots as they can before the mods close the thread.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
fail
mbye was woeful last year and as the dominate half, being number 7 he didnt step up to the plate
I honestly like Mbye but have to agree. Reynolds out in 100x more effort than Mbye last season and had s much better overall year.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont have a reaction coz it isnt unexpected. JR wasnt our problem last year. In fact a number of players could learn something about passion for the jersey from him. Some games he was the only one trying to win.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you fucking serious? How on earth can you now come on here and say the players aren't playing to Des' structures?

We have rocked up with the same gameplan week after week, yet apparently the players aren't following his structures? Then why do we see the exact same players week after week while re-signing the majority of the squad and making no big signings? If the players aren't running the plays Des would cut them and make major changes. Insted he signs youngster and reserve graders looking for a chance as they won't challenge him like Franky and Ennis did and carry out his system.

Des' structures aren't working, it is ridiculous for you to claim that they are. We deadset run the exact same basic plays week after week. Tolman and Graham run to the exact same area to set up certain plays. We continue to run the exact same block play. We continue to use the props as ball first receivers. We continue to play our halves on the edges as ball runners. The players don't make this shit up, THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY DO AT TRAINING.

You act like Des is a God ffs. He has clearly fucked up just like any other coach has. But instead of making changes he just stuck with the same safe shit that eould get us to finals and got away with it because of his rep. Now that there is actually some pressure on Des, he has now decided to make some changes.

So next season if we rock up with a different style of footy and we see our halves more involved and directing play, will that then mean they are listening to Des? Fuck no. It will mean Des has made some changes and the players are following the structures just like they always have.

I also couldn't give a fuck about what he did at Manly, that side had a completely different style of play and players.

And on your last points,
1. Cleeland is just another reserve grader that Des always signs that is in his mid 20s looking for a chance. He is also more likely to fill the utility role (again, another change des is making because he fucked up).
2. A hooker with vision? Fuck me that was meant to be Lichaa considering he chased him for years, and then for whatever reason tried to turn him into a ballin clone.
3. Don't even bring up a fucking fullback. We haven't had one since Barba and that is on Des. He then came up with the stupid idea of signing a winger at the backend of his career on 600k+ to play fb when he couldn't even do it at the dragons. He also signed Abbey on decent coin to play reserve grade while his best mate cleal fucked up Munster abd Mitchel deals.
Lmfao you sit here criticising des in every post but your exactly like him in so many ways. Your opinion is the only one that's right and everything else anyone says is complete 'rubbish'. But god forbid anyone likes a player you have a personal vendetta against hey. Truth is JR outplayed Moses last year, just because their stats are different doesn't mean shit. When we needed Moses he was no where to be seen, but his still the better player. Eastwood ,in your words, had some good touches then waited a couple sets before he touch the ball again, right ? Moses does the exact same thing. Reynolds might not of won us every game, but fuck atleast he was the one TRYING to win.
I like mbye, i thibk his a real good athlete, but I hate the uneven biasness you show towards certain players for no reason.

Come to think of it, its like you come on here to troll people just to get some sort of pleasure from it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

3. A full time fullback.
Cleeland wasn't bought to be half that controls a side of the field in NRL.....Hes been bought to play a bench utility role if he even makes first grade.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I have played many sports at a competitive level and been coached by Australian internationals/coaches in football. While going to school i was lucky enough to have the chance to experience what it is like at an NRL club. I was given the chance to attend NRL sessions and learn what the staff and players get upto for about a whole NRL season.

But no, i never grew up playing footy. But if you lot want to start dropping the "i played footy so i know more than you" garbage, then maybe i should bring up my experience and claim that it trumps the park footy that you bums played.
Early contender for "Post of the Year".

This is fucking hilarious.

Great bio by the way "Moses" Marley.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

And on your last points,
Fuck me .... I think you've found the answer to the clubs problems.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club
Phone: 02 9789 8000

Call the club and ask to speak to Raelene Castle. Tell her you want the Head Coaches job.

Clearly from your comments on here, you are a far greater coach than a multi premiership winning coach, who has got his current coached team into the finals more than any other coach in history during a term with their club.

But nope ..Desmond "Nose Whistle" Hasler, is clearly no match for Gotenks "Supercoach" Marley.

Heres a hot tip...

Fantasy League / Supercoach does not = real life coaching.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmfao you sit here criticising des in every post but your exactly like him in so many ways. Your opinion is the only one that's right and everything else anyone says is complete 'rubbish'. But god forbid anyone likes a player you have a personal vendetta against hey. Truth is JR outplayed Moses last year, just because their stats are different doesn't mean shit. When we needed Moses he was no where to be seen, but his still the better player. Eastwood ,in your words, had some good touches then waited a couple sets before he touch the ball again, right ? Moses does the exact same thing. Reynolds might not of won us every game, but fuck atleast he was the one TRYING to win.
I like mbye, i thibk his a real good athlete, but I hate the uneven biasness you show towards certain players for no reason.

Come to think of it, its like you come on here to troll people just to get some sort of pleasure from it.
I kinda agree with what you're saying tho, i agree with gonads in his effort of driving his "des aint for our club" message.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with what you're saying tho, i agree with gonads in his effort of driving his "des aint for our club" message.
I know what you're saying but his post are more negative than positive. Rather than trying to contribute to conversations he just bashes players/coach.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you're saying but his post are more negative than positive. Rather than trying to contribute to conversations he just bashes players/coach.
I think its more he gets frustrated as i do with these so called footy fans that dont see what we've become thru the work of our super coach.
It shits me so hard yet u have ppl supporting des. Each to their own i say but i jus don't understand why ppl cant see what des the control freak has done to our club.
5yrs on and we still dont have an established 1st grade side.. pretty sad i reckon.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He is a good player but he's not capable of being successful they way des has the team playing... we won't win a comp with Josh at 6 plain and simple.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a good player but he's not capable of being successful they way des has the team playing... we won't win a comp with Josh at 6 plain and simple.
Why won't we ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why won't we ?
Because we don't have an established half who can control a game. Des makes Moses take a back seat. Reynolds may try his hardest but he cant get us over the line on the big stage. Eg. 2014 gf his long kicking game was superb, but other than that we didnt create any opportunities. Same goes for the 2012 GF. Infact we only scored of shitty grubbers down the right hand side :/. Creativity is lacking sadly.
Im not death riding the guy, i think he can fit in our squad, just not at 6, Moses needs to be there and we need a new 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.