Your opinion on why Hasler won't change our game plan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he's a scumbag, i read it in the paper so it must be true :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I seriously can't believe how wrong Des has got things, most of us on here have seen the team going downhill yet this fool just let it happen. His ego is either too big for him to admit he got it wrong and make mass changes to his systems, or he simply doesn't give a fuck and is happy to keep earning his massive pay packet.

Compare Des to McGregor at the dragons. Des is a Premiership winning coach while McGregor was a dud no one wanted. Yet McGregor is the one that stepped up accepted his mistakes and turned the team around while Des kept fucking around and refused to accept his mistakes and just continued with his negative coaching style.

Des has been outcoached by pretty much every coach in the game recently, yet these idiots gave him an extension. Fuck off.
Coming from Marley I believe him he saw this coming 3 years ago. While some of us still optimistic, "under Des we trust".

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading once upon a time about how all the world's most successful people share something in common in regards to being clinically insane. Something that all the top echelon of CEO's, world's leaders etc share. Including well noted ones who have done wrong with that power. The hours they put in, the drive is not what "normal" people do or what they want. Believe this or not I think their is some truth to it.

My guess with Des is that he is that determined to be right that he will go down in flames (and take everyone and everything with him) to prove it. The more he is wrong the more he is determined to be right. Any rational person, considering even myself called this about 3 years ago now would have conceded, admitted it and tried something different. Not Des. I think their some point to his theory of eliminating all the variables BUT and this is a massive and a obvious but, this is sport and the reason why we love sport. Even though we can't understand it things happen out of everyones control and losers win and winners lose, the great evening up. Underdogs can rise and beat the unbeatable! Des fails to acknowledge this part of the ripple affect and also fails to add some unorthodox into what we do, this is why we are sooooo beatable and easy to coach against.

IMO Des has some serious mental deficiencies and is the only way to explain his behavior, wouldn't be surprised if he leaves our club literally to go to a mental institution. Problem is that if someone with common sense doesn't stand up soon and get rid of him than we are going down with him!
Phark...

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In all my time watching sports I have never seen anything as bizarre as this. Ranked easily in the top three coaches of our time when coming to the Dogs, a multiple premiership winner, a revolutionary style of play in 2012, implemented the latest technology yet after half a decade we continue to play the most boring, inept style of footy ever. I refuse to believe Des doesn't know it. He KNOWS our style is inept but he continues to persist with it. Why? I don't think he's insane or deliberately tanking I think he's just made a series of very poor decisions.

After Barba left we waited and waited for the right fullback to become available. After missing out I think he decided to push even further into our top heavy strategy. This failed and so he went after Foran to save us. This failed and he became stuck. At this point he made a deal with the board to give him the 2017 season to sign some top level talent and go again in 2018. I truly believe 2017 was a write-off season as agreed by the board and Des, with them releasing this round 8 or 10 bullshit narrative about a review of his performance. I believe next we will truly see the biggest shift in play since 2012. However, I think we will fail again. I don't think Foran's body is up to it anymore and Woods just isn't influential enough to change this team around. If he doesn't change our style of play next season then yep he is truly insane.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's crazy, deluded and not a good enough coach to be able to adapt even if he wanted to. Which he doesn't because he's maybe the most stubborn and arrogant coach ever.

A good coach will always try and improve and move with the times. They'll also admit fault or error and change things up.

We're the easiest team to defend and game plan for by a mile and every other coach is out coaching him. You can't even call what Des does coaching anymore because what evidence is there of any coaching?
Zero evidence of coaching. All the evidence points to an obsessive mindset that will not budge because he believes that his game plan will work, despite the evidence that it is outmoded and ineffectual. All the other coaches have adapted to what Des calls a game plan. They have adapted to his "plan" which is not working but he refuses to change even though all the logical evidence is obvious that this needs to happen before the results will ever be any different. What he persists with is the definition of insanity.

Reaction score
he's just holding out for desball to catch on.
once it becomes the universal style of rugby league
he can rightfully be hailed as the pioneering hero and visionary that he is

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Zero evidence of coaching. All the evidence points to an obsessive mindset that will not budge because he believes that his game plan will work, despite the evidence that it is outmoded and ineffectual. All the other coaches have adapted to what Des calls a game plan. They have adapted to his "plan" which is not working but he refuses to change even though all the logical evidence is obvious that this needs to happen before the results will ever be any different. What he persists with is the definition of insanity.
It really is. But what's more insane and impossible to get your head around is them giving him an extension after issuing an "ultimatum" to fix our attack. And now it's somehow worse.

We knew Hasler was crazy so that can't be helped. He is who he is and he obviously can't and won't change. The real insane people are the ones who give him more power each year and that extended his deal despite horrible results season after season which are now worsening.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because he's a fraud, he's no super coach nor mad professor.

He had a bunch of brilliant players and now is being found out for the team HE BUILT and HE GIVES INSTRUCTIONS on how to play.

FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!!!!!!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We still have a core group of players to build around for years to come. It's not all doom and gloom. Hasler stays for 2 more seasons, Foran and Woods come in. Hasler has thinned the squad out in order to go after key recruits.

We are due for a bad season and historically we have always been a club that yoyos in and out of the top 8 each season. Roosters were crap last season but they rebuilt. I believe we will come back stronger next year. At the very least we need another 2 signings.

I will back the coach and players, as I do not want to see us go on the coaching merry-go-round.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might sound a bit strange but the dogs are unable to score because they try to score too much. Back in the day if you were in opposition 20 and had a set you would score. Players would keep it simple, spread the ball around, make a few offloads and mucle over the try line. Most teams now have numerous attacking sets in the 20m and fail to capitalise. This has been an area the dogs have particularly sucked at. Even in 2012 i remember hearing that the dogs were crap at scoring from within the 20m line (barba would mostly make a line break at the 40m line). The dogs want to go over the line too desperately in this situation and just make a mess out of it. Other teams just play spontaneous, with less structure and handle this much better than the dogs. The dogs need to start addressing their 20m plays before anything. It is quite sad when a team earns a penalty in the 20 and can't even muscle over the line with fatboys like Kas

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness all signs point to autism, having the same shoes for 26 years , writing down how many females and males call into a radio show.his obsession with stats and his routine of doing the same thing over and over.
Any doctor would raise the question
Fuck.. that means... shit. I've got autism too

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeez I'd love for the super coach to drop what he's doin rite now and have a read of this thread.

He might just think fk these guys have a point.. i really am mentally rooted.. and packs up and goes back to teaching @ school.
Yep wishful thinkin..

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Put simply. He's an egotistical, stubborn fuck.
He genuinely believes, in spite of mountains of evidence to the contrary, that his game plan will win us a comp.
In des' mind, he can't be wrong.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
All Des needs to do is drop some under performing players. The players are too comfortable and don't care. He needs to instil some fear into the players and you will see a change in attitude in games. There are some players that need a spell in the NSW cup. (Eastwood, Kasiano, Holland and to an extent Lee).

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all my time watching sports I have never seen anything as bizarre as this. Ranked easily in the top three coaches of our time when coming to the Dogs, a multiple premiership winner, a revolutionary style of play in 2012, implemented the latest technology yet after half a decade we continue to play the most boring, inept style of footy ever. I refuse to believe Des doesn't know it. He KNOWS our style is inept but he continues to persist with it. Why? I don't think he's insane or deliberately tanking I think he's just made a series of very poor decisions.

After Barba left we waited and waited for the right fullback to become available. After missing out I think he decided to push even further into our top heavy strategy. This failed and so he went after Foran to save us. This failed and he became stuck. At this point he made a deal with the board to give him the 2017 season to sign some top level talent and go again in 2018. I truly believe 2017 was a write-off season as agreed by the board and Des, with them releasing this round 8 or 10 bullshit narrative about a review of his performance. I believe next we will truly see the biggest shift in play since 2012. However, I think we will fail again. I don't think Foran's body is up to it anymore and Woods just isn't influential enough to change this team around. If he doesn't change our style of play next season then yep he is truly insane.
I actually think your pretty on the money here. I really doubt any coach would deliberately death ride a club, it really is quite rediculous to auggest this. But i am surprised how far we have fallen this year. I honestly really did think we would do well this year. Not win the comp, but give it a crack at least. Apparently not.
IIf he is still here, there better be a massive massive change next year.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why won't he change? Because the moronic prick doesn't think h's right, he knows he's right.

Irrespective of the number of results on the scoreboard showing that the game was lost, our position on the competition ladder indicating that we could come last and the tsunami of fan base resentment re where our club is heading (i.e. club culture - pride in the jersey etc) thanks to what Hasler is doing.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually want Des to answer this question or for someone from the media to get me into the next press conference so I can ask! Paul Kent - over to you buddy!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Put simply. He's an egotistical, stubborn fuck.
He genuinely believes, in spite of mountains of evidence to the contrary, that his game plan will win us a comp.
In des' mind, he can't be wrong.
This is exactly right

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he's a scumbag, i read it in the paper so it must be true :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I seriously can't believe how wrong Des has got things, most of us on here have seen the team going downhill yet this fool just let it happen. His ego is either too big for him to admit he got it wrong and make mass changes to his systems, or he simply doesn't give a fuck and is happy to keep earning his massive pay packet.

Compare Des to McGregor at the dragons. Des is a Premiership winning coach while McGregor was a dud no one wanted. Yet McGregor is the one that stepped up accepted his mistakes and turned the team around while Des kept fucking around and refused to accept his mistakes and just continued with his negative coaching style.

Des has been outcoached by pretty much every coach in the game recently, yet these idiots gave him an extension. Fuck off.
Mcgregor stepped up and got rid of Benji Marshall and now Des has stepped up and we have let go of Reynolds. Best decision for both clubs moving forward

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here's a number crunch for you Des. If you have more moving players asking questions in attack, the chances of scoring points rises with each play. Saving your set for the last tackle to pray something comes off doesn't score you points or win you luck. It's obvious why we can't score points. It's not the players or the skills they have, it's the questions we don't ask enough of to the opposing team in attack.

Give yourselves more chance to score on each play, and basic math shows you'll score points. Storm are a good example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.