Opinion Yesterdays embarrassment

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From memory yes we finished the year every from between 2018 and 2020 with a string of wins and it gave the false hope that the following year would be better because we had figured it out when really it was probably just that there was no pressure on them and they just played footy.

I was actually expecting a top 8 finish this year. Burton, JAC, Vaughan and Dufty - I thought those signings along with a few others I haven't mentioned would get us into the 8 just, or at least challenging for the 8. And really when you look back at some results we should have won early on - Manly, Broncos, Raiders and Knights - we win those and we are where Raiders are now with a chance to the 8. So I was extremely disappointed.

Next year, I have zero expectations. I will wait until we see how this team looks in off season training and in trials. Now that I think of it, this team looked underdone and unfit in the trials and that should have been a sign for the season.
We are going to miss the 8 by about 14 points mate so even if we had won all of those games you mentioned we would still be way off the pace. And I dont think we should have won against the Raiders or Knights. They both clearly played better than us on the day.

Missing the 8 by that amount shows how far off the pace we are. It is a high number to make the 8 though, last year 22 points made it.

If we start next year with Averillo at fullback and Flanno at halfback then I would suggest you stick to having zero expectations. We wont get back near the 8 until some of juniors start to come through and add depth to our squad

Malla

Reaction score
We are going to miss the 8 by about 14 points mate so even if we had won all of those games you mentioned we would still be way off the pace. And I dont think we should have won against the Raiders or Knights. They both clearly played better than us on the day.

Missing the 8 by that amount shows how far off the pace we are. It is a high number to make the 8 though, last year 22 points made it.

If we start next year with Averillo at fullback and Flanno at halfback then I would suggest you stick to having zero expectations. We wont get back near the 8 until some of juniors start to come through and add depth to our squad
Agree, we are shit house. No sugar coating that. I just had greater expectations, unfortunately.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's easy to just switch off these days for me. I used to watch no matter how humiliating the game. If we were losing 40-0, I'd still be at the game/watching the tv. I'm at the stage now where footy is as enjoyable, as it is frustrating, and I don't just mean our team. I'm talking whole of game, the rules, refereeing and everything. I was watching a game yesterday and the ball was kicked out on the full, but instead of reversing the 40/20 call, play went on. I was dumbfounded, but since neither team was Bulldogs I wasn't too perturbed. Frustrated though at such a howler being missed. Calls like that are often delayed or reversed (especially ingoal/deadball line calls).
Yeah I start watching maybe 5 of the games each week and rarely finish any. Use to be every game, whole 80 minutes. Generally I watch until the Ref takes over and starts to manipulate the game with momentum (6 agains) and then I know the game outcome. Pretty much 100% can call it. Looking at a post on FB yesterday that showed the minor premiers, only 3 teams in the past decade I think it covered. Talk about fukin boring!