Opinion Yesterdays embarrassment

Malla

Reaction score
Ok I am a lot more calm now with the benefit of a full nights sleep to think about the last 2 weeks
My view is:
- keep Averillo away from the first grade team next year. He needs Flanno treatment. Keep him in reggies. When his contract is up, cya
- speaking of Flanno, keep him in reggies too
- Ciraldo needs to call a spade a spade now and let TPJ know he can get fucked too. Send him to Redcliffe now
- put Schoupp on a 6 week bulking program with a view to move him to an impact forward role off the bench, can add value there but is not the answer in the centres
- Burns can kiss first grade goodbye
- ZDC can go back to Mounties
- And lastly if anyone is questioning whether Mahoney is better than JMK I would hope last night gave you an indication of the difference in class between the 2. Actually it wasn’t even that Mahoney was that good, JMK was just horrendous, since the cowboys game he has been shockingly bad

Ciraldo needs to lock these fuck wits into a 4 week SAS style boot camp and weed out the lazy *****

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Even that is wearing thin for our supporter base.
Yep yesterday sadly I didn't even care, am well over the season dunno if I'll even watch next week but will watch the Manly game our last.

Bloody hell we better be a vastly improving side next year this bullshit has to stop, LOTS of work to be done in the off-season(and hopefully Gus jags a decent 7 somehow)then we hit the ground running from game 1, hopeful rather than confident that we will be amongst the top 8 at the moment.

Pretty disappointing end to the season after a few highlights, though only "bandaid" games/wins really.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yep yesterday sadly I didn't even care, am well over the season dunno if I'll even watch next week but will watch the Manly game our last.

Bloody hell we better be a vastly improving side next year this bullshit has to stop, LOTS of work to be done in the off-season(and hopefully Gus jags a decent 7 somehow)then we hit the ground running from game 1, hopeful rather than confident that we will be amongst the top 8 at the moment.

Pretty disappointing end to the season after a few highlights, though only "bandaid" games/wins really.
Yeah it's depressing alright to accept that we are now a down and out club. It seems to be ingrained now and not a season to season thing.

When you remember all the good times. The entertaining games and superstars who we were so proud to say they played for OUR team. Then, just as importantly to us, the skillful characters of the game and the honest toilers who did their job and represented us with pride.

There's lot of work to be done to fix this.

Realisticly it does look like Gus is putting in the long term plans and pathways to see us through in the future.

Unfortunately it is absolutely clear that he was right all along. It will take quite a while for sustainable success.

Every year its been a clean out of lazy or not first grade quality players and unsuitable coaches like a spiral we can't get ourselves out of. That seems to be clearing and on a better trajectory.

We have our successful history to remember and hopefully a new future turning around for us sooner rather than later.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get all NRL players are tough but the is a difference in playing tough. Averillo doesn’t play tough! He doesn’t put his body on the line wanting the ball. That’s what he needs to work on in the off season

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s like the boys have packed their bags already since the cowboys first half ,don’t know what’s doing been an absolute shit show,rather than launching 2023 with some steam we will likely have 5 losses in a row,
Manly will also pump us
Can burtons contract situation be effecting the whole team?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I am a lot more calm now with the benefit of a full nights sleep to think about the last 2 weeks
My view is:
- keep Averillo away from the first grade team next year. He needs Flanno treatment. Keep him in reggies. When his contract is up, cya
- Ciraldo needs to call a spade a spade now and let TPJ know he can get fucked too. Send him to Redcliffe now
- put Schoupp on a 6 week bulking program with a view to move him to an impact forward role off the bench, can add value there but is not the answer in the centres
- And lastly if anyone is questioning whether Mahoney is better than JMK I would hope last night gave you an indication of the difference in class between the 2. Actually it wasn’t even that Mahoney was that good, JMK was just horrendous, since the cowboys game he has been shockingly bad

Ciraldo needs to lock these fuck wits into a 4 week SAS style boot camp and weed out the lazy *****
Well said! Get rid of these plodders

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My view is:

I want to know how you could get a full nights sleep after Yesterday's Embarrassment :grinning:

Last edited:

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even in the games the Dogs won against Titans and the Knights - the forwards were steamrolled by opposition teams with and without the ball - is it defensive structure, strength., conditioning, technique - all the above.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My view is:

That's your watered down version after calming down and sleeping on it.
Hahaha.
Mate please... next time post it in the moment.
Get that shit out of your system before you go to sleep.
I would have loved to read your full explode in the moment haha.

I have done that before.
I have come on here and blown up deluxe in the moment.
Then slept on it, calmed down an re read my post.
It's fun, especially some of the reply you get haha.

Live in the moment mate.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My view is:

Brutal but somewhat accurate

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lack of commitment in defence showed something was up, did they train that all week ?
In attack TPG must still have a bad back, no one is punching the line hard and Flanagan isn't leading the side with confidence, calling for the ball on the last behind the ruck for his kick etc.
Showed how important the kicking game is with Parra scoring off kicks.
We panicked early and it got worse without set completion.
Still Parramatta were going to be hard to beat with their game of the year.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a little while back some thought we would win 4 out of our last 5 games FFS

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get all NRL players are tough but the is a difference in playing tough. Averillo doesn’t play tough! He doesn’t put his body on the line wanting the ball. That’s what he needs to work on in the off season
Sure right there i noticed a few times we didnt want to get hurt so just let them get the ball!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There also have been thread ripping into our caretaker coach and in reality this sh!tshow is not his fault. We had a season and a half, plus two off seasons under Barrett, Ferris and company, and I think the current system is beyond repair. Ciraldo needs to throw it out and start again fresh.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My view is:

Can't argue with much of that.In fact I've been banging on about most of that since last year.