Year 8 Melbourne private school girl identifies as a cat

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A Melbourne private school is supporting a student’s choice to identify as a cat, a source close the family has reportedly disclosed.

A private school in Melbourne is reportedly supporting a year eight, non-verbal student in identifying as a cat.

The Herald Sun reports the “phenomenally bright” child has been allowed to assume the identity, with the behaviour linked to the ‘furries’ subculture that has been adopted by some teen circles.

“No one seems to have a protocol for students identifying as animals, but the approach has been that if it doesn’t disrupt the school, everyone is being supportive,” said a source close the family.

Furries Australia: Year 8 Melbourne private school girl identifies as a cat | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

WTAF: She is non verbal, so how do they know she identifies as a cat. Wait until ringworm is found.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How fucked are parents for indulging this stupid shit. If my daughter ever said some dumb shit like this, I'd say okay cool, well go live in the alley then. I hope you find some rats to eat.
Tbh, teenagers, especially girls, get up to all sorts of crazy shit, and much worse than thinking they're a cat.

Article says she is non verbal so there could be all sorts of psychological reasons why. Not necessarily poor parenting.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My car was stolen last night, probably by a teenager. Would prefer my neighbourhood kids identifying as cats than eshay car thieves.

• Angry
Reactions: 88

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What breed of Pussy-cat is it??

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And visitors of the parents asked, can your pussy cat stop rubbing my legs im covered in hair, a quick clap sends pussy running off tail up displaying its rusty 3rd eye.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A Melbourne private school is supporting a student’s choice to identify as a cat, a source close the family has reportedly disclosed.

A private school in Melbourne is reportedly supporting a year eight, non-verbal student in identifying as a cat.

TheHerald Sun reports the “phenomenally bright” child has been allowed to assume the identity, with the behaviour linked to the ‘furries’ subculture that has been adopted by some teen circles.

“No one seems to have a protocol for students identifying as animals, but the approach has been that if it doesn’t disrupt the school, everyone is being supportive,” said a source close the family.

Furries Australia: Year 8 Melbourne private school girl identifies as a cat | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

WTAF: She is non verbal, so how do they know she identifies as a cat. Wait until ringworm is found.
It will be a spoof that someone put out, to see whether the media ever checks the authenticity of stuff put on social media.
Media gets sucked in by this stuff all the time.