Would you take Elliott back tomorrow?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mark Twain said, that “under certain circumstances, profanity provides relief denied even by prayer.” While swearing is by no means “wrong,” in some conversations it can just be simply unnecessary. So with that in mind Ute and knowing how very fragile and lovelorn you must be feeling.....Dagnabbit!
Son of a monkey! Poo on a stick! Sufferin’ succotash! Cheese and crackers! Gee willikers! Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat! Galloping gremlins! Shut the front door brother! HELL NO! 8-) :p:innocent:

1634617644184.png

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another stalker ex thread for Adam. Sort of feel for Elliot imagine what @utility half is putting him through in his private life if these are the threads he keeps exposing us too.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mark Twain said, that “under certain circumstances, profanity provides relief denied even by prayer.” While swearing is by no means “wrong,” in some conversations it can just be simply unnecessary. So with that in mind Ute and knowing how very fragile and lovelorn you must be feeling.....Dagnabbit!
Son of a monkey! Poo on a stick! Sufferin’ succotash! Cheese and crackers! Gee willikers! Jumpin’ Jehoshaphat! Galloping gremlins! Shut the front door brother! HELL NO! 8-) :p:innocent:

View attachment 32001
I'm taking that as a Moses Maybe

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ken Fam,

I've been thinking a lot about the whole Elliott fiasco and going over comments in various threads, it seems the major objection of many of you is that you think he was on too much coin. I say many, not all. I get that many of you are just hatters who need a target to lash out at in order to distract yourselves from your own personal problems. Life is hard, I get it. I won't riff any more on your various personal problems, except to say I hope you all find the love and contentment you so richly deserve.

From recent reports, it seems the King is close to signing with Canberra, but the Raiders seem to be capitalising on all the media confected outrage to seriously undercut him. Canberra have a proven track record of doing the wrong thing by players. Just look at them refusing to pick James to prevent him from activating his contract bonus.

My question is thus - if we could sign Elliott again tomorrow for 300k, would some of you reconsider your positions? I guess it is unlikely to happen. Elliott is a very principled man and convincing him to return and help out a club that did the dirty on him would be a difficult task. But i think if we could get a player of his pedigree back here for 300k it would be an absolute steal. If we are willing to pay 200k of his freight, we could easily offload Cotric to the Eels and make it happen.

So, what do you all think?

Civil and considered replies only, please. I know some of you are deeply unhappy, but I have no time or energy to be your personal punching bags.

Namaste.
Mate the only reason I haven't blocked you is because you're a Deftones fan so I give you the benefit of the doubt because you clearly have great music taste. Seriously mate, it's over, time to move on. If he joins the Raiders then you can start trolling their forum with these weekly Elliots threads

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So you are nearly done renovating the house, and u want to rip one wall down and put the old one back. Dont think it will match the renovated part.

Reactions: TAS

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mate the only reason I haven't blocked you is because you're a Deftones fan so I give you the benefit of the doubt because you clearly have great music taste. Seriously mate, it's over, time to move on. If he joins the Raiders then you can start trolling their forum with these weekly Elliots threads
You're probably right this time but I don't wanna listen

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No I wouldn't take him back, I want a professional team before anything, full of role models for our future generations. Bulldogs started the trend of professionalism, partly why we went towards Super league, introducing top class training facilities and management, it's part of why the club was so respected in Australian sport, bring it back.
It's contentious whether he was good on the field or not, I thought he was good on field. But there's more to being a good player than just being good on the field, this is the part we as fans don't get to see, training, off field antics etc. His character shone through negatively.
No, his character was past being a larrikin, is bad and could be toxic to those around him, doubt he'd get a sniff onto a Steve Folks side. I really liked Adam Elliot before his dramas but he's not worth the risk. Let him succeed at another club, good riddance.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No I wouldn't take him back, I want a professional team before anything, full of role models for our future generations. Bulldogs started the trend of professionalism, partly why we went towards Super league, introducing top class training facilities and management, it's part of why the club was so respected in Australian sport, bring it back.
It's contentious whether he was good on the field or not, I thought he was good on field. But there's more to being a good player than just being good on the field, this is the part we as fans don't get to see, training, off field antics etc. His character shone through negatively.
No, his character was past being a larrikin, is bad and could be toxic to those around him, doubt he'd get a sniff onto a Steve Folks side. I really liked Adam Elliot before his dramas but he's not worth the risk. Let him succeed at another club, good riddance.
Oh come on, fam. Steve Folkes had some absolute ratbags in his powerhouse sides of the 2000s. Big Willie, SBW and Reni made Elliott look like a choirboy.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope.

Even in form he was made to look good by the fact we (as a collective team) were going shithouse. He'd look like a superstar at the Tigers for the exact same reason.

However put him in Roosters/Souths/Storm and you'd soon realise just how decidedly average the bloke is (even when in "career best" form).

The fact he's yet to be picked up by another team, speaks volumes for just how average he actually is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Nope.

Even in form he was made to look good by the fact we (as a collective team) were going shithouse. He'd look like a superstar at the Tigers for the exact same reason.

However put him in Roosters/Souths/Storm and you'd soon realise just how decidedly average the bloke is (even when in "career best" form).

The fact he's yet to be picked up by another team, speaks volumes for just how average he actually is.
It doesn't work that way. Playing in quality teams makes players look better, not worse.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. Playing in quality teams makes players look better, not worse.
Playing in quality teams makes GOOD/CAPABLE players look better, but also exposes those who are incredibly average (cases in point Sam Kasiano at Storm, and George Rose at Storm).

Elliott would struggle to make Storm/Roosters/Souths NSW/Q Cup sides with the majority of his form.

Might sound harsh, but he is just a bog average player.

PaulS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No thanks..not needed and was not worth his $$$ . Move on , elliott ain't a bulldog

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Playing in quality teams makes GOOD/CAPABLE players look better, but also exposes those who are incredibly average (cases in point Sam Kasiano at Storm, and George Rose at Storm).

Elliott would struggle to make Storm/Roosters/Souths NSW/Q Cup sides with the majority of his form.

Might sound harsh, but he is just a bog average player.
What are you smoking, Fam? Sam Kasiano won Dally M prop of the year in a minor premiership winning side and made 2 grand finals. George Rose played in some fantastic Manly sides and won a premiership. Kasiano didn't flop at Melbourne because he was average, he flopped because Bellamy tried to take an impact player, slim him down and make him into a player he was never going to be and that stripped him of one of his biggest assets - his size. I'd imagine he probably tried to do the same with Rose, but George was just like, nah, bro. Give us a durrie. No expert of the game considers Elliott a "bog average" player. Former players and analysts universally acknowledge him as a player with talent and ability. He was never going to realise his potential in such a weak roster....especially so long as Barrett insisted in playing him out of position.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When you've taken the rubbish out on bin night to get emptied, you don't bring the rubbish back inside

You do if you realise you lost your diamond wedding ring in the trash. Elliott is the diamond that got taken out with the trash. The club would be well advised to fish him out before it's too late.