Would you take Elliott back tomorrow?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey Ken Fam,

I've been thinking a lot about the whole Elliott fiasco and going over comments in various threads, it seems the major objection of many of you is that you think he was on too much coin. I say many, not all. I get that many of you are just hatters who need a target to lash out at in order to distract yourselves from your own personal problems. Life is hard, I get it. I won't riff any more on your various personal problems, except to say I hope you all find the love and contentment you so richly deserve.

From recent reports, it seems the King is close to signing with Canberra, but the Raiders seem to be capitalising on all the media confected outrage to seriously undercut him. Canberra have a proven track record of doing the wrong thing by players. Just look at them refusing to pick James to prevent him from activating his contract bonus.

My question is thus - if we could sign Elliott again tomorrow for 300k, would some of you reconsider your positions? I guess it is unlikely to happen. Elliott is a very principled man and convincing him to return and help out a club that did the dirty on him would be a difficult task. But i think if we could get a player of his pedigree back here for 300k it would be an absolute steal. If we are willing to pay 200k of his freight, we could easily offload Cotric to the Eels and make it happen.

So, what do you all think?

Civil and considered replies only, please. I know some of you are deeply unhappy, but I have no time or energy to be your personal punching bags.

Namaste.

Last edited:

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$200k with an alcohol ban and he pays his own way in rehab I would.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have authority to turn him away from the leagues clubs front door, oh yes lets have this guy smear us again.. and again…. And again….let the raiders go and sign him where he can smoke dope down in Canberra with no consequences, that sounds like a good idea.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As long as the other stipulations are met. Has potential. He’s just a stupid person.
He was actually a high school chess champion and builds robots....but yes, agree with your other sentiments, 100 percent

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They have authority to turn him away from the leagues clubs front door, oh yes lets have this guy smear us again.. and again…. And again….let the raiders go and sign him where he can smoke dope down in Canberra with no consequences, that sounds like a good idea.
Smear us? lol get a grip.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No wuckin fay, time to move on from this loose cannon i laugh at the banter and the many many bites you get Utey but bullshit threads are starting to get up my goat.
Note to MODS, it may be the time for banned camp stints for the creators of shithouse threads. :laughing:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No wuckin fay, time to move on from this loose cannon i laugh at the banter and the many many bites you get Utey but bullshit threads are starting to get up my goat.
Note to MODS, it may be the time for banned camp stints for the creators of shithouse threads. :laughing:
You can't silence me just because you don't agree with my opinion. Go back to Stalinist Russia, comrade.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Does this bloke have any other act.
Not an act, fam. This is 100 percent, bonafide, wearing my heart on my sleeve utility. Would you like to see the certificate of authenticity?

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, he will just play up again!
He needs a change of scenery.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. Most of us have moved on including the club.