Would you take Elliott back tomorrow?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol name one sponsor he cost us....and don't say Rashays because the clown who owns it wanted an out anyway and with all his anti COVID regulation shenanigans, he would do the club a lot more harm than good anyway. If Elliott cost us that sponsorship, the club should get down on its knees and thank him.
It was another company about to sign with us. Wasn't revealed in the media but I'm sure Elliott would know if you asked him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If was a really strong possibility for a while, but it was just too far from his family.
Fair enough.
Canberra is closer to Tathra anyway. And Herb has a fellow sacked Bulldog in CHN to bond with.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It was another company about to sign with us. Wasn't revealed in the media but I'm sure Elliott would know if you asked him.
Oh yeah tight. The famous unnamed company mentioned by the daily Tele. We should take that as gospel!

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What if tomorrow never comes? Will he know how much you wuv him hahaha
Hey Ken Fam,

I've been thinking a lot about the whole Elliott fiasco and going over comments in various threads, it seems the major objection of many of you is that you think he was on too much coin. I say many, not all. I get that many of you are just hatters who need a target to lash out at in order to distract yourselves from your own personal problems. Life is hard, I get it. I won't riff any more on your various personal problems, except to say I hope you all find the love and contentment you so richly deserve.

From recent reports, it seems the King is close to signing with Canberra, but the Raiders seem to be capitalising on all the media confected outrage to seriously undercut him. Canberra have a proven track record of doing the wrong thing by players. Just look at them refusing to pick James to prevent him from activating his contract bonus.

My question is thus - if we could sign Elliott again tomorrow for 300k, would some of you reconsider your positions? I guess it is unlikely to happen. Elliott is a very principled man and convincing him to return and help out a club that did the dirty on him would be a difficult task. But i think if we could get a player of his pedigree back here for 300k it would be an absolute steal. If we are willing to pay 200k of his freight, we could easily offload Cotric to the Eels and make it happen.

So, what do you all think?

Civil and considered replies only, please. I know some of you are deeply unhappy, but I have no time or energy to be your personal punching bags.

Namaste.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah tight. The famous unnamed company mentioned by the daily Tele. We should take that as gospel!
If it wasn't true why would Elliott accept 100K to leave a 480K x 2 year contract with no legal action ? He must have accepted he cost the club and the club could prove that

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In terms of intellect, Elliott has us all beat, vlasnik
Well one thing is for sure SmElliotts IQ takes a sever dip or should I say dive with every erection. I suppose if Adam spent less time stroking himself and spent more of his time using the grey matter between his ears he wouldn't find himself in this predicament. Unloved, uncared for, without his spouse or his best friend. He sure sounds like a Brainiac to me. Stupid is as stupid does and SmElliott is King.

Last edited:

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he'd be a good team player. He's worth at least $350k. I think Gould has no time for him though so it won't happen. Besides, better to be looking to free up coin for a potential top class 9 or 7 as you never know who may become available.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey Ken Fam,

I've been thinking a lot about the whole Elliott fiasco and going over comments in various threads, it seems the major objection of many of you is that you think he was on too much coin. I say many, not all. I get that many of you are just hatters who need a target to lash out at in order to distract yourselves from your own personal problems. Life is hard, I get it. I won't riff any more on your various personal problems, except to say I hope you all find the love and contentment you so richly deserve.

From recent reports, it seems the King is close to signing with Canberra, but the Raiders seem to be capitalising on all the media confected outrage to seriously undercut him. Canberra have a proven track record of doing the wrong thing by players. Just look at them refusing to pick James to prevent him from activating his contract bonus.

My question is thus - if we could sign Elliott again tomorrow for 300k, would some of you reconsider your positions? I guess it is unlikely to happen. Elliott is a very principled man and convincing him to return and help out a club that did the dirty on him would be a difficult task. But i think if we could get a player of his pedigree back here for 300k it would be an absolute steal. If we are willing to pay 200k of his freight, we could easily offload Cotric to the Eels and make it happen.

Civil and considered replies only, please. I know some of you are deeply unhappy, but I have no time or energy to be your personal punching bags.

Namaste.
Yeah I would sign him straight away for that money. He would have been great with Jackson, Mariner, Pangi. I don't like it how this now outrage culture has happened and everyone gets shocked at the little things that probably most people have done something similar. It was more of a ethics thing and sure he should have been punished for acting like a goose when he has heeps of cameras following him.

But its not exactly like hes the only one. We had other players busted with heavey drugs and getting a bit of a slap on the wrist. Maybe this is more systemic than people think. Young blokes in high pressured sports will mess up sometimes. But Elliots behaviour was/has been immature, socially awkward, risky and not really serious acts or crimes like assault, DV or heavy drugs.

Though I know he has a problem with alcohol. Maybe he had too many chances and it wasnt going to work at the Bulldogs. The Dogs management decided that everyone neede a change. I was disappointed because I think hes got a Bulldogs heart like Josh Reynolds. We need players like that. Hopefully we get a couple coming through this year.

Hopefully Elliots gets a gig with some clud. They'd be mad not to. He's a bit like a Matterson in that he can add that ball playing and tough defence. I think hes been linked to a couple of clubs. I think there may have been some opportunity taking by management to reduce their cap as well. But it may have been a wise decision considering.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve moved on.
much better players have joined us
And club unity is more important than any individual
with an unfortunate habit of drawing attention to himself.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey Ken Fam,

Namaste.
Fuck you need to get over this shit! No one wants him back but you. And thats just sad on your account. He was never hard done by by the club, and once again your the only one beating that drum. He fucked up way too many times, and proved himself to be a very average player.
I actually defended the guy for years when people bagged him, calling him dick fingers etc, but sadly I was wrong. He never came good. He was always just bog average.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grow up utility he is not worth worring about, Its obvious that you are running his fan club, another player who has/had a fan club is Flanagan, and it has fooled us, virtually all of us can't wait to see the end of him at our club.
ELLIOT IS ALL OF THE FOLLOWING.
(1) Not good enough on the field.
(2) A total arsehole off it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fuck you need to get over this shit! No one wants him back but you. And thats just sad on your account. He was never hard done by by the club, and once again your the only one beating that drum. He fucked up way too many times, and proved himself to be a very average player.
I actually defended the guy for years when people bagged him, calling him dick fingers etc, but sadly I was wrong. He never came good. He was always just bog average.
He has loads of potential. All sensible judges of the game acknowledge that. Expecting a player who has been brought up in such an incompetent team culture to deliver consistently is just madness. Put him in a confident, we’ll functioning team and he will do very well. As for his rap sheet, it’s just nowhere near as bad as the hatters make out. Plenty have been forgiven for worse.

I’m not the only one who thinks it. If you tread through the comments you will see a few people have sctuslly said they’d take him back for a little less.