Woods to leave Bulldogs for Sharks immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club has to come out and say if we are paying for any of his contract.

We had the worst administration in the history of sport recently with Dib castle and Hasler. This lot are not filling me with any confidence either.

Just who are they going to replace him with? There are no decent props left on the market.

Clear out the kitchen drawers people, in a few years time they will be full of spoons.
Personally I'm hoping that Taupau can be enticed to come over, we've all seen that contracts are not worth the paper there written on, and if Taupau want's to leave Manly, they would be better off letting him go just like we let Woods go, players who don't want to be at a club are useless and only destabilised the team.
I personally can't think of another prop who would be better suited for our club.
Any other possibilities.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who is next?

Tolman has flown "under the radar" this season.

Top priority would have to be Foran & Lichaa out.

Woods is a good player but his price means we aren't getting value for money. Ultimately I can understand the decision to move him on but it is dissapointing as he does bring a different skill set to the team.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is awesome.

Enough focus on props for 10 years, RFM is great, Klemmer is great, blood a youngster for all I care, but buy a top tier halfback and 5/8th for any hope of winning a competition.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Our recruitment is a total farce. I can't wait until 2022 (probably) when we are actually a solid team again.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He will look better at the Sharks..better coach, better structures, better players, etc. He wasn't even bad for us, he just wasn't what we needed and terrible value for money. We needed a more explosive prop, not another slow lumbering one.
FMD you’ve changed your tune woods was shitting gold nuggets when he got here according to you lol

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Then what exactly is Pay doing well?
Nothing, he's not doing anything well, if that's what you want to hear.
If he doesn't improve with a better squad they'll get rid of him.
He hasn't got a long term deal anyway.
We're not in a situation to sack another coach again before his contract runs out, otherwise no one will sign with us anymore, we'll look like idiots.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just let it go Marley. Pay has his flaws no doubt but no other coach would have this rabble near the 8.

We've been so hamstrung by injuries, cap issues and stupid top 30 restrictions which greatly impact the job any coach would do.

There's a reason Pay got the job, because no one else wanted it. And rightly so. Other clubs would want about five of our remaining players at most and you're acting as if Pay should have us contending for a title.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely we can splash some cash around now for next season.
Add another into the top 30. Becoming quite common for us hahaha

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for nothing balsa you brought us nothing so we are loosing nothing except a financial drain on our cap
Break a leg ****.......literally

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our recruitment is a total farce. I can't wait until 2022 (probably) when we are actually a solid team again.
Hopefully it won't ake that long with us gutting the roster. Two things that are the only issues imo are that potential recruits might be a little concerned by how our admin treated our current players..the other issue is if we have a competent coach or not. If our club is as great as some of us think then we should be competitive by 2019.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FMD you’ve changed your tune woods was shitting gold nuggets when he got here according to you lol
Not at all, i never wanted him but he was our best prop in those first couple of games and i was trying to be positive because everyone complains about me being negative.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ponga signed for Newcastle long term with Nathan Brown as head coach. Ben Hunt signed for five years with McGregor as coach! Both were on the verge of getting fired at the time so the coach will have little impact on who we sign as long as the money is attractive to whatever player and there is some sort of stability moving forward.

I'm sure the Rugby League community understands that this is just cleaning house to eradicate the nuclear disaster Des and Dib created.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing, he's not doing anything well, if that's what you want to hear.
If he doesn't improve with a better squad they'll get rid of him.
He hasn't got a long term deal anyway.
We're not in a situation to sack another coach again before his contract runs out, otherwise no one will sign with us anymore, we'll look like idiots.
So you agree that Pay isn't good enough? Finally.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why don't you name that player that you think will be such value. There are no such players available.
2018 FA List

Players that would cost anywhere between 400-500k :

Isaako, Sua, Seggy, Junior Tatola, Ah Mau.

All players that would be half of what we were paying him who will contribute substantially more than that bum.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has just not played up to his potential or price tag.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ponga signed for Newcastle long term with Nathan Brown as head coach. Ben Hunt signed for five years with McGregor as coach! Both were on the verge of getting fired at the time so the coach will have little impact on who we sign as long as the money is attractive to whatever player and there is some sort of stability moving forward.

I'm sure the Rugby League community understands that this is just cleaning house to eradicate the nuclear disaster Des and Dib created.
Not at all, i never wanted him but he was our best prop in those first couple of games and i was trying to be positive because everyone complains about me being negative.
Surely pay played him in the wrong position that’s why he never excelled at the club?lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2018 FA List

Players that would cost anywhere between 400-500k :

Isaako, Sua, Seggy, Junior Tatola, Ah Mau.

All players that would be half of what we were paying him who will contribute substantially more than that bum.
Ah Mau signed for the Warriors unfortunately. He would have been a great buy at a decent price. He's very underrated and deserves to start somewhere.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be interesting to compare how he performs with the Sharks. Will it tell us about our game or will it tell us about his game?
Probably about us. About the players around him and our structure. Had he been given more supports then he might have a few line break or try assist next to his name. He wouldn't have to try so hard and give away penalties and probably would have made less errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.