Woods to leave Bulldogs for Sharks immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
IMO it’s a better move for both clubs. We are able to free up some money for the backended deals whereas Cronulla have themselves a representative prop. I would of personally kept Woods if it wasn’t for his contract and him wanting out. He will kill it at Cronulla, his offloads will be threatening and Cronulla players know how to support.
Well said bud
100% agree with u
Hope they upped the 500k offer
Wed be stupid to pay anywhere more than 200 for a player playing in other colours

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goodbye. We'll turn a blind eye to the theft of 100s of 1000s of dollars you and Mbye stole.
Bullshit. I won't be turning a blind eye.
My membership dues helped create this farce from which we'll take years to recover.
And yet, Dib, Hasler and Castle are allowed to walk out of the million-dollar hyperbaric chamber, free of any repercussion.
I'd hate to be the spiv who has to call me come season's end, asking me to renew my membership!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At least Aaron can grow back his Dora the Explorer haircut. In essence that's what it was all about.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very good, Mbye and Woods both gone.

Fuckwit also apparently took a paycut to play with them, shows we were right, he doesnt give a shit about the club. Is only after playing finals football.

"Woods is believed to have taken a pay cut to join the club for the remainder of his contract which runs until the end of 2021."

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The article states he has taken a pay cut. Id like to think that would mean we are not contributing to his contract as a Cronulla player and if we are its very minimal.
I'm getting the feeling that Dean Pay will also be punted at seasons end. The cleanout is well and truly in full swing

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you agree that Pay isn't good enough? Finally.
Finally?? Finally what? I never said he was the greatest coach in the world.
At the moment he's no good enough, blind freddy can see it, but I don't want him sacked, he needs a fair go at least to prove himself with a good, settled squad.
Anyone that judges him now with all the crap happening at our club is crazy.

I just think at the moment there's more important things to worry about than death riding Pay.
He's shown more passion for our club than Des did in 6 years combined.
There's no doubt he wants to succeed and make the club great again, if he so badly wants to succeed as a coach then he will.
I'm in full support for Pay

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
All of that was well said and I completely agree, it's staggering the way things have unfolded, but I think they had to move Woods while they could. That's how bad the mess was from Dib and Hasler. It was catastrophic.

I doubt the club had more than three other players other clubs would even consider taking off our hands. I don't think this year we'd pay more than 200k but from then on we'd pay nothing. I'm just speculating but considering how long the negotiations dragged on for, you'd think we weren't budging about having to pay too much freight and considering Woods took a pay cut.

Forget what we pay this year and this season is obviously a completely write off... If Mbye and Woods were on a combined $1.5 million next season then that's massive to be able to play around with. Especially considering neither were playing close to their worth or potential...

Obviously Foran is key to complete the overhaul, but he's a complete millstone around our neck as he's the worst signing in Rugby League history potentially.

People I know that have worked with Hill all say he's the perfect guy to get us out of this mess. Whether he is or not will be judged by the signings to come but so far I think he's done the best he could with the hand he's been dealt.
Hard to argue with most of that.

I dont imagine any administration would sabotage themselves this purposefully... unless ofcourse there was an upcoming election..aha oh wait..

The part I cant fathom is that we are clearing the deck chairs too early and putting ourselves at massive risk for a spoon.
There are no quality players in ANY position off contract in 2018 that will change our fortunes.

Only sense I can make of it is the point you made about clearing out players 'while' you can and the fact that no one will take most of our players.

Still would have tried shipping Tolman to Knights who are after a prop before June 30.

Looking at it from a logical point of view it would be harder to get rid of Mbye and Woods at anywhere near full wage next year because there is alot of quality off contract end 2019 that will provide better value for money.

Just mad that we are risking a spoon which might be even more detrimental to attracting potential future signings than keeping Woods and/or Mbye.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bullshit. I won't be turning a blind eye.
My membership dues helped create this farce from which we'll take years to recover.
And yet, Dib, Hasler and Castle are allowed to walk out of the million-dollar hyperbaric chamber, free of any repercussion.
I'd hate to be the spiv who has to call me come season's end, asking me to renew my membership!
The people to blame are gone brother... no court of law will prosecute them... we all have to let it go...
The new board a doing what they think is necessary to fix the shit fight.
Why would you blow up at someone on the phone about membership renewal when the people responsible are already gone?? You won't be hurting Dib, Des and Aunty RaeRae.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2018 FA List

Players that would cost anywhere between 400-500k :

Isaako, Sua, Seggy, Junior Tatola, Ah Mau.

All players that would be half of what we were paying him who will contribute substantially more than that bum.
All been signed by current clubs or elsewhere

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The kennel is going to need a new scapegoat now, who is going to step up to the plate? tolman or lichaa? :laughing:
Don't worry there are plenty scapegoats left. Frawley, Montoya, Lichaa, Tolman

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2018 FA List

Players that would cost anywhere between 400-500k :

Isaako, Sua, Seggy, Junior Tatola, Ah Mau.

All players that would be half of what we were paying him who will contribute substantially more than that bum.
Until we find out how much we are paying for Woods, you can't say half of what we paid for Woods.

Buzz Rothfield (Who is pretty close to Cronulla) says that he is on $600k at the Sharks. If we are paying 200-250k each year for the next 2 seasons we are stupid. Inept management. The less our management say about how much we are contributing the more I think its higher than we should be.

I was so excited to see Dib and Hasler get booted out only for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to replace them.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until we find out how much we are paying for Woods, you can't say half of what we paid for Woods.

Buzz Rothfield (Who is pretty close to Cronulla) says that he is on $600k at the Sharks. If we are paying 200-250k each year for the next 2 seasons we are stupid. Inept management. The less our management say about how much we are contributing the more I think its higher than we should be.

I was so excited to see Dib and Hasler get booted out only for Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to replace them.
If you're going on the gospel word of buzz rothfeild then look no further for the real mickey mouse

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to argue with most of that.

I dont imagine any administration would sabotage themselves this purposefully... unless ofcourse there was an upcoming election..aha oh wait..

The part I cant fathom is that we are clearing the deck chairs too early and putting ourselves at massive risk for a spoon.
There are no quality players in ANY position off contract in 2018 that will change our fortunes.

Only sense I can make of it is the point you made about clearing out players 'while' you can and the fact that no one will take most of our players.

Still would have tried shipping Tolman to Knights who are after a prop before June 30.

Looking at it from a logical point of view it would be harder to get rid of Mbye and Woods at anywhere near full wage next year because there is alot of quality off contract end 2019 that will provide better value for money.

Just mad that we are risking a spoon which might be even more detrimental to attracting potential future signings than keeping Woods and/or Mbye.
You are correct there are no quality players off contract this year, though maybe we are clearing the decks to frontload as many contracts as possible next year to give us even more money for 2020 onwards

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't care if we're paying 200-300k out of his contract every season.

Good riddance to him. We will be able to find a player that's double his value for half the price we were paying him.

This has to go down as the worst signing our club has ever made and I'm glad his gone from our club.
I will get you a calculator for Christmas. How can you be happy if we are contributing 300k? We are saving nothing on the salary cap when we buy an average front rower for 400-500k to replace him. Guess what, that average front rower will now take up 700-800k on the salary cap when you add Woods' contribution. Believe me Woods is better than the average front rower.

Status
Not open for further replies.