Women in the workplace.. their dress?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bullshit im going to Adelaide today for a few weeks for work . And my induction said i cant wear thongs on the job. Its still not going to stop me throwing my pants at people when i get the shits , that ill never ever stop doing.
Listen mate... you tell those backwards fuckers "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" and wear thongs!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listen mate... you tell those backwards fuckers "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" and wear thongs!
Like when i do work in the jails bunnings hats, shirts ect are banned because the green is the same green as prison clothes fucking criminals fucking with my attire.
Apparently gaurds cant see a picture of a big fucking red hammer on a shirt.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I wear polos, jeans and sometimes even t shirts to my work and I haven't had a haircut in years. I shave about once every week or two. I don't miss suits and definitely don't miss the corporate choke chain that is the neck tie......but from my experience, workplaces which have asked me to suit up in the past have also requested a professional standard of dress from women.

If OP wanted to dress like the women in his workplace he probably could....especially if he's armed up with a good discrimination lawyer ;)

Interesting note: When women do wear suits of any kind, many people complain corporate roles are stripping women of their femininity. Some will always find a complaint when it comes to sharing the workplace with women.

It's the 21st century. Women work. Let's accept it. I personally don't give a crap what anyone wears to work. If I made the rules we'd all be allowed to work in our undies if we so desired .....or more modest people could wear hessian sacks. I really couldn't give a fuq.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Women do that to themselves.
I’ve never heard a bloke ask another bloke “did she wear that skirt last week ?”
Might show how clueless we are!

Like when the missus says "notice anything different?". You know you're on a hiding to nothing

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
On work clothing. My wifey works in hospitality, so wears out a pair of black sneakers probably every 4-6 months. Due to acids, etc used on floors they have to be durable soled shoes. So about $70-120 a pop for a pair of shoes. Likewise she HAS to drive as there is no public transport easily, and thus has to pay for a $200 parking pass every month.

None of that she can claim back on work (which is ridiculous).

I always used to work style cargo pants (King Gee sort of ones) and a collared shirt to work. Sometimes I dressed up a little with trousers and a sleeved business shirt. Maybe wore a suit 2-3 times.

Funny thing is when doing an interview a suit is always expected, even if you'll never wear it again during work.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey, I change my undies at least... every second day.
One of the funniest lines I've heard in a cartoon. The Angry Beavers. Norbert pulls out his underwear that say "Wednesday" on them and he says, "My God, it's Wednesday", then Daggett says, "Mine say October"

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One of the funniest lines I've heard in a cartoon. The Angry Beavers. Norbert pulls out his underwear that say "Wednesday" on them and he says, "My God, it's Wednesday", then Daggett says, "Mine say October"
I have day of the week undies but I never wear them properly. Pretty sure I'm wearing my Friday undies today. It's always the dawn of a new weekend.....somewhere.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On work clothing. My wifey works in hospitality, so wears out a pair of black sneakers probably every 4-6 months. Due to acids, etc used on floors they have to be durable soled shoes. So about $70-120 a pop for a pair of shoes. Likewise she HAS to drive as there is no public transport easily, and thus has to pay for a $200 parking pass every month.

None of that she can claim back on work (which is ridiculous).

I always used to work style cargo pants (King Gee sort of ones) and a collared shirt to work. Sometimes I dressed up a little with trousers and a sleeved business shirt. Maybe wore a suit 2-3 times.

Funny thing is when doing an interview a suit is always expected, even if you'll never wear it again during work.
Its because they also get a shoe allowance.

They also get laundry allowance

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Like when the missus says "notice anything different?". You know you're on a hiding to nothing
Lol.
You start scrambling ? Hair? Makeup? Dress? You’ve lost weight?
“Why? Do I need to lose weight”
“Fuck”

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Best answer... "I see the same natural beauty I noticed from when I first met you illuminating through what you're wearing my dear, so no, I don't see or notice anything different from that beautiful young woman I met from the very first time I saw you!"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best answer... "I see the same natural beauty I noticed from when I first met you illuminating through what you're wearing my dear, so no, I don't see or notice anything different from that beautiful young woman I met from the very first time I saw you!"
I went with, "Has your arse gotten bigger?"

Probably not the best response.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
These days it would be. Women are working on making their arses bigger.
Yep. It amazes me. 5 years ago it was an insult, now it's a complement.

"Your arse has gotten bigger"

"Thank you"